TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Ashlee Simpson on SNL

Serves the HACK right, however I am sure her publicist will have her going to every network getting a pitty party, while the hosts let her make up some bogus explanation.

NEW YORK - Singer Ashlee Simpson (news)'s "extra help" may have been exposed when a "Saturday Night Live" audience heard her voice — singing the wrong song — while she held a microphone at her waist.

Her record company blamed a computer glitch and she blamed her band for Sunday morning's incident, which cut off her planned performance of the song "Autobiography" on the network comedy show.

Simpson had performed her hit single "Pieces of Me" without incident earlier in the show. When she came back a second time, her band started playing and the first lines of her singing "Pieces of Me" could be heard again.

She looked momentarily confused as the band plowed ahead with the song and the vocal was quickly silenced.

Simpson made some exaggerated hopping dance moves, then walked off the stage 35 seconds into the performance. NBC quickly cut to a commercial.

"What can I say?" guest host Jude Law said with Simpson standing next to him at the end of the show. "Live TV."

"Exactly," Simpson said. "I feel so bad. My band started playing the wrong song. I didn't know what to do so I thought I'd do a hoe-down."

Her record company, Geffen Records, said there was a computer glitch. Instead of some pretaped electronic percussion, the recording of "Pieces of Me" started mistakenly performing, the record company said in a statement.

But it sounded suspiciously like a guide vocal that's a common — although almost always unspoken — concert aid. Either the singer "lip synchs" by mouthing words to a backing tape or has a live microphone and sings along to the tape, making the voice sound more powerful than it is.

Such vocal tricks have been used before on the show, making "Saturday Night Live" not entirely live, said a show insider who spoke on condition of anonymity.

A Geffen spokeswoman did not immediately return a call for comment.

Simpson's walk-off joins the lore of other unexpected music moments on "SNL": Elvis Costello (news) stopping and changing songs on live TV, and Sinead O'Connor (news) tearing up a picture of the pope.

Since when the fuck is lip synching live?

elton_john_0403-thumb.jpg

Carson Daly called it an "enhancement track" on the Today Show. Al Roker replied "Enhancement Track? Is that what they're calling it these days?"

Carson Daly called it an "enhancement track" on the Today Show. Al Roker replied "Enhancement Track? Is that what they're calling it these days?"

Wow....go Al Roker.

Carson Daly would have probably called it an "enhancement track" for Milli Vanilli as well.

As an actual mainstream artist, Ashlee should be done. But MTV is in full spin control protecting her.

Well, seeing as jobbers are now "enhancement talent", why not?

Seriously though, they can spin it however they want. The point here is that she lip-synched on a show where most of the performers sing live, and those that don't, sing mostly live (although thinking back, Ya Kid K may have lip-synched, or Technotronic fake-played. Not sure which).

Can someone dig up that article on Ashlee saying that she wouldn't lip-sync her stuff?

Ok you people know the internet, I'm going to get rid of all these videos posted on other websites, how do i delete them?

click "start" select "shut down" and then run as fast as you can into the wall.

Solid Gold

Wow, this is sad.

So now, she wants to cover it up? That is just GOLD I tell you, solid GOLD!

I love the person who was like, "She made a mistake". Yeah, being a singer who can't SING! It's so tough not having an ounce of talent.

MTV is in full spin today as well. Basically trying to cover up the fact one of their golden girls just got caught as a liar on national television. Course, wouldn't expect MTV to give a damn about music.

I'm shocked that up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start didn't come up for that...

I thought it was up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B, select, start?

I'm shocked that up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start didn't come up for that...

I thought it was up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B, select, start?

Depends on the game

The best part is some people are like, "I'm an internet whiz! I'll remove them all for you", which is the equal of, "Would you like some dick?"

The best part is some people are like, "I'm an internet whiz! I'll remove them all for you", which is the equal of, "Would you like some dick?"

I'd bet money she e-mails them, too

Guest MikeSC
Wow, this is sad.

I love the person who was like, "She made a mistake". Yeah, being a singer who can't SING! It's so tough not having an ounce of talent.

MTV is in full spin today as well. Basically trying to cover up the fact one of their golden girls just got caught as a liar on national television. Course, wouldn't expect MTV to give a damn about music.

It's MTV.

They'll blame Pres. Bush for it inside of 2 days.

-=Mike

Wow, this is sad.

It's MTV.

-=Mike

I blame you, Mike

Guest MikeSC
Wow, this is sad.

It's MTV.

-=Mike

I blame you, Mike

I blame...Hillary Duff. She seems bitter and petty. :)

-=Mike

The best post who says, "MTV isn't reporting it, therefore it never happened!"

I love this, she is going to get away free and clear with lip synching LIVE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!

Guest MikeSC

I love this, she is going to get away free and clear with lip synching LIVE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!

Wow. Just wow.

I NEVER thought anybody could think like that.

That poster think everybody is making up the SAME story?

-=Mike

Wow. Just wow.

I NEVER thought anybody could think like that.

That poster think everybody is making up the SAME story?

-=Mike

Actually? Yes.

And now that person has support that it never happened cause MTV isn't covering it.

I thought some Korn fans were sheep, the Ashlee Simpson fans are making them look calm and sweet. This is pure insanity.

The best one yet?

"Let's see you get up in front of thousands of people and sing!"

....well, maybe Ashlee would like to try it first?

Guest MikeSC

Well, I can say I'm not much less talented that Ashlee --- I, admittedly, have no musical ability whatsoever --- so I doubt I'd do worse.

-=Mike

Well, I can say I'm not much less talented that Ashlee --- I, admittedly, have no musical ability whatsoever --- so I doubt I'd do worse.

-=Mike

I think even you could get up in front of thousands of people and lip synch. Hell, pay me a couple of million and I'll lip synch to Dashboard Confessional

Or Nelly

Or Jessica Simpson.

She's not going to get away free. MTV can ignore it all they want, but this story is in the news.

CNN showed the screw up and talked about it on "60 Second POP" this morning. I haven't listened to the radio today, but I'm sure DJ's are all talking about. Newspapers have been reporting it the last two days. Obviously it's all over the Internet. The talk shows should be all over this today and the weekly magazines like People and Us will probably have the story on their front covers.

MTV's damage control is useless when the media gets a hold of it.

Guest MikeSC

She'd better add lyrics or something, as nobody will believe that she's actually singing.

Well, unless it totally sucks. Then there's an outside possibility.

-=Mike

:lol:

Thanks For All The Support

10/25/2004 8:27:38 AM - by Nick Lachey

Ashlee is in good spirits, and will give a great performance tonight on the RMAs. Thank you to all her TRUE fans, not the turds who are flaming this boards.

Fuck You Nick

10/25/2004 8:32:07 AM - by chicken_or_tuna

Get your boy band ass back home to cincinnati and i'll be sure to give you the over-the-rhine beat down you deserve bitchfist.

Guest MD2020

Guys, I think we're missing the big picture here. Yes, it's funny to see someone with very little talent and who is just piggybacking on the sucess of her older sister finally get her just desserts and exposed as a fraud, but what about the real issue in the world of pop music:

What's going on in the Hillary Duff--Lindsay Lohan feud? As The Sports Guy said, this could be the Tupac-Biggie of the new millenium.

The latest thing is that Aaron Carter came out and said he wishes he'd never cheated on HiLary (One 'l' people)

Aaron Carter also called LL a troublemaker and seemed to blame the whole feud on her.