TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Ashlee Simpson on SNL

The best one yet?

"Let's see you get up in front of thousands of people and sing!"

....well, maybe Ashlee would like to try it first?

I've done it in front of hundreds before, although not solo (I was in choir in high school)...

Well didn't Janet Jackson not have the wardrobe (the thing covering her booby) and thus that was the malfunction?

She had the wardrobe and then lost it

Ashlee didn't have the talent and then lose it

What's going on in the Hillary Duff--Lindsay Lohan feud? As The Sports Guy said, this could be the Tupac-Biggie of the new millenium.

I don't think Tupac-Biggie would have fans comparing their tits and asses though.

The latest thing is that Aaron Carter came out and said he wishes he'd never cheated on HiLary (One 'l' people)

Aaron Carter also called LL a troublemaker and seemed to blame the whole feud on her.

Wasn't this one of the things that happened in Mean Girls?

What's this award show she's supposed to be performing on tonight? Is it a teeny show where the kids will cheer her regardless?

In Mean Girls-

Regina cheated on Aaron, Cady told Aaron and Aaron kissed her but doesn't ask her out.

This would be-

Aaron dumps Lindsay, Hilary goes with Aaron, Aaron cheats on Hilary, Aaron dumps Hilary.

What's this award show she's supposed to be performing on tonight? Is it a teeny show where the kids will cheer her regardless?

Well there will be a bunch of musicians there who probably will be lip synching tonight so I don't think anyone is booing her.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

It's the Radio Music Awards from Las Vegas tonight.

Guest Miss Indy Queen
The latest thing is that Aaron Carter came out and said he wishes he'd never cheated on HiLary (One 'l' people)

Aaron Carter also called LL a troublemaker and seemed to blame the whole feud on her.

He also claims he's still in love with Hilary and would like to be with her again but he knows she won't let it happen.

Where did he say this? In "Teen Beat" where they make up quotes for "stars?"

He's said it in several interviews that he badly wants Hilary back.

He even surprised her at the Lizzie McGuire Movie premiere with flowers

I feel like I'm listening to a group of high school girls.

Fear Havoc's avatar and that pic have made him one of my all-time favorite posters. Did you make those yourself? Finding a MV pic that fits so well in that image seems like it'd be damn near impossible. Great job.

I'm doing one of my 'Amy should die' rants.

That's cool.

I didn't even know Ashlee Simpson had a show on MTV. What was it?

Seriously?

It was a reality show that depicted the grueling process of making her debut pop album. Where she constantly professed to not wanting to be like her sister, or the other manufactured pop princesses.

It pretty much made her and put her on the map, hence, why MTV protects her something fierce.

Edit: Oh and the feed I got was edited. The vocals didn't come on, it was just the backing track of the first song.

Guest ShootingStylesPress

Eh, I still think Ashlee's hot/cute/pretty/whateveryouwannasay, I could care less if some mistake went down.

I'm sorry for loving this so much. It's just I haven't seen anything this funny in a very long time.

http://ashlee-simpson.ytmnd.com/

Using Yakity-Yak is the icing on the cake...

That's not Yakity Yak, that's the BENNY HILL THEME

Which makes this 100 times better

That's the actual name of the Benny Hill theme...

I'm sorry for loving this so much. It's just I haven't seen anything this funny in a very long time.

http://ashlee-simpson.ytmnd.com/

Using Yakity-Yak is the icing on the cake...

That's not Yakity Yak, that's the BENNY HILL THEME

Which makes this 100 times better

That's the actual name of the Benny Hill theme...

See, I think Yakity Yak and I think that old song

Wow.. that was bizarre. I never got to see Milli Vanilli's... but I got to see Ashlee's on a wmv video. In honor of her... I would like to play something for her...

GIRL YOU KNOW IT'S-

GIRL YOU KNOW IT'S-

GIRL YOU KNOW IT'S-

GIRL YOU KNOW IT'S-

GIRL YOU KNOW IT'S-

GIRL YOU KNOW IT'S-

FUCKING TAPE! GAH!!!

Damage Control

FROM MTV.COM:

Although she'd initially blamed her band, Ashlee Simpson took full responsibility Sunday for her lip-synching snafu on "Saturday Night Live," saying that her voice was ragged from too much work.

"I can't cancel something like 'SNL,' " she said in a post to her official Web site. "You and I know that even if I synched on it or not, I'd still get seen by millions, maybe even make a few more fans. I'll hold my head high and say I think it was silly of me to do it, silly of me to blame the band, I was just so f---ing embarrassed. But I don't think it did me much harm, and people will see that soon."

Though Simpson's first performance in the show — her hit "Pieces of Me" — went off without a hitch, the second, "Autobiography," was derailed when a pre-recorded track of her voice (singing "Pieces of Me") began playing while Simpson was holding her mic to the side and had her mouth closed. When the track came on, Simpson tried to dance a little jig instead, but after about 30 seconds, she exited the stage as her band continued performing. The show cut to a commercial.

At the end of the show, host Jude Law tried to help Simpson brush the moment aside by shrugging, "What can I say, folks? Live TV." For her part, Simpson initially placed the blame on her band. "I feel so bad," she told the audience. "My band started playing the wrong song. And I didn't know what to do, so I thought I'd do a hoe-down. I'm sorry. It's live TV. Things happen. I'm sorry."

An "SNL" spokesperson said that Simpson had planned to use a backing track, a common concert aid that allows singers to either lip-synch or sing along with a guide-vocal track, to augment her voice. A statement from Simpson's record label blamed a "computer glitch" that triggered "a cut from her album" to play instead of a drum cue.

In fact, Simpson had rehearsed the song live on Thursday.

Simpson has since been widely attacked for the snafu, with an interview she gave to Lucky magazine coming back to haunt her. When asked what her take on lip-synching was, she had told the magazine, "I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going to let my real talent show, not just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."

Simpson's official Web site has been flooded with more than 10,000 posts, many of them negative. In response to the criticism, Simpson defended herself by blaming her hectic work schedule for wearing down her voice. In a post titled, "I'm trying!" she wrote, "Seriously, I don't sleep much for a start, and with flying from A to B and flying all over the f---ing place, it's just getting to me. And it showed. Joke is on me, you seem to enjoy it." In response to her Lucky magazine quote, she posted, "I know what I said, but when I get as worn out and beaten down as I do, sometimes I do not have the energy or the voice left. I have almost lost it due to nonstop moving about. So it is the only option."

Simpson has performed live on television on previous occasions, including MTV News' pre-show to the Video Music Awards, "By the Shore," and the Teen Choice Awards. She's expected to perform live on Monday (October 25), for the Radio Music Awards in Las Vegas, which are to be broadcast on NBC at 9 p.m.

—Jennifer Vineyard