TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Ashlee Simpson on SNL

If you want potential entertainment, 60 Minutes was backstage SNL on Saturday, taping a piece on how SNL is put together and have footage of her leaving the stage and Lorne Michaels' reaction to it all. They ALSO have footage of her dress rehearsal which went so poorly she left the stage crying.

If it gets aired, it might be fun to see.

-=Mike

Talk about Wrestling With Shadows-type luck

60 Minutes will air it this Sunday. I been seeing clips of it already. They show her walking off stage crying and SNL staff freaking out.

I didn't see any of that. What I saw was mostly a bitter sounding woman complaining that their Dad is a stage Dad. Which I don't necessarily agree with.

Just thought I'd mention, I think they're gonna stretch this incident into a joke in every bit on tonight's SNL...

So far it's 2/2

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I'd like to say that Kate Winselt is amazingly beautiful and SNL looks to be burying Ashlee tonight.

I'd heard Kate Winslet could sing....DAMN she can sing!

Think he's lip-synching?

EDIT- I'll be damned he is- think he's doing it on purpose

Think he's lip-synching?

EDIT- I'll be damned he is- think he's doing it on purpose

It's acceptable considering the only other person on stage with him is the DJ. Its not like this is MTV Unplugged with the Roots.

You know an incident is overspoofed when the local news spoofs it like mine did with the Ashlee Simpson incident. Although I still laughed (Ashlee's backing band featured a bunch of twenty somethings and the middle aged six o clock news anchor on drums dressed somewhat like a gay biker).

Guest MikeSC
Ashlee said she didn't want to do another season of the show but I think that was just a negotiating ploy to get more $ from MTV

And, sadly, MTV doesn't know that she needs them far more than they need her.

Talentless, unattractive siblings of attractive people aren't THAT rare.

-=Mike

Anybody see 60 minutes? It was mostly a piece about how the week shapes up, etc. But they showed Ashlee run off the stage crying in dress rehearsal and then run off the stage after she screwed up. The very serious 60 minutes annoucer was like, "And when things went wrong, Simpson did a funny little dance."

It was an interesting piece. I'm sure Bob Barron could have told us all the behind the scenes info though.