TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

10/24 results

Guest Black Tiger

Both the major NJ and NOAH shows on the 24th ended in disappointment. NOAH's title scene is about as stale as its getting, and despite a perfect opportunity to get the GHC tag titles onto a seemingly rejuvinated Akira Taue, they stayed with Misawa and Ogawa/ Kobashi + Saito for almost half an hour, isn't something the world needs either.

NJ was almost just as bad, with the whole CTU vs Koji Kanemoto buildup, in addition to Tanaka breaking Lyger's record, and it ends with the worst possible ending, a double KO. Kawada's appearence is mostly wasted only for Nagai to job again, although the Tenzan vs Kawada singles match will come out of it, and Kawada in NJ will hopefully rejuvinated. Nakanishi still has no direction, as after his supposed push, he jobs to Blue Wolf.

It says a lot when Keiji Mutoh of all people, is the most sensible booker in Japan.

C'mon Kobashi's reign is going fine, yes they can get AJ's and NJ's top stars for the job but they need to try and sell their workers as worthy opponents, because frankly the good people at TNA or elsewhere never will. Even Saito who looks like a 50 year old Mexican veteran needed that match although how he earned the title shot is non-existent.

Nagai brought it upon himself, as well as Kakihara by jumping to NJ. At least he's getting some action after what seems like a year of being uberunderused.

Nakanishi is doomed, in 5 years he will become what Yasuda has been for the most part of his career - doing 13 min comedy matches and sometimes winning by cheating. NJ has an on and off faith in him and lately it has been off. Looking at him still makes me happy that Kojima left.

Guest Black Tiger

NOAH has no more guys who can seemingly give Kobashi a run for his money anymore. He's defeated every former champion, and everyone who's ever challenged for the title. NOAH's problem has always been in making new stars. Why should TNA or anyone else make them look good, when NOAH isn't even capable of doing it?

Kobashi's reign is far from "fine" at the moment. It says a whole lot when the fans start getting behind every challenger, which has been a trend since the Dome. NOAH really dropped the ball with Taue not getting the belt, as the fans were screaming for it.

I agree that Nagai is better off in NJ than he was at the time he left AJ. I just found it disapointing that after the big fuss in Kawada finally coming back to NJ, its only another go around for a Nagai job.

Kojima's booking is actually one of the reasons I think Mutoh is the most sensible booker right now. He was never going to go over Misawa or Kawada, but he looked good for the right he put up, then he jobs to Mutoh (that one I have some issue with), but then he rebounds and becomes the 2nd person to unseat Jamal. On 10/31 he gets Vader, in what should be another win, and then logic dictates he gets his win over Mutoh, and heads to a Triple Crown match.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I had figured that they would go for 12 defenses or so with Kobashi. Though I have no clue who they can actually give the belt to now. The company is essentially screwed since Misawa, Akiyama and Kobashi are the only stars there. I think they need to heavily consider trying to grab a gaijen for the next reign. Brock Lesnar wouldn't be a bad choice for a short reign. Unfortunately we'll probably get another Misawa run.

Guest Black Tiger

Brock Lesnar is only wishful thinking. He signed something like a seven year deal with WWE. Even though he's gone, he can't wrestle for anyone else until the year 2009.

A monster gaijin certainly wouldn't be a bad choice for the next champion, but NOAH doesn't have one that fans would take seriously, and despite what Zach says, Bison Smith isn't what they need.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah, they're screwed for the most part unless they get a New Japan or All Japan guy to transition the belt back to Kobashi or Akiyama while building up a few new guys.

But I don't think NOAH is capable of doing it since they've had 3 years to make a new star and have yet to do so.

I bet they wish Vader was still in shape.

Just because the crowd goes hot for the challenger doesnt mean they should drop the title to him nor do any companies ever do that and if they did we would have many juniors beating heavyweights for the big belt.

Fact is if the champion is booked to look like he has trouble beating the opponent which is the case with Kobashi then they don't need to look further than Morishima and just establish him as the star that he looks to be... or maybe they got Mike Awesome in mind since Kobashi has been moaning to work with him. Gaijins my ass.

I too am really frustrated with the continual jobbing of Nagai. Every time it looks like he's getting somewhere, they then job him, and the stuff with Kawada was especially irksome.