TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

Best Damned Wrestling Show Period Spoilers

But substantially worse than WWE has done in the last six months? Without any good, positive moments? No way.

What does WWE being bad have to do with TNA?

Just because WWE is horrid doesn't also give TNA a free pass to suck

Without any positives whatsoever? Rubbish. Yes, they make mistakes and yes, some shows are bad. But substantially worse than WWE has done in the last six months? Without any good, positive moments? No way.

6 months would be from April/04 - October/04.

6 months ago both Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were the champions. Those were good, positive moments. In the same time the nwa title switched from Styles to Killings to Jeff Jarrett. If it wasn't for the X divison, tna would be nothing.

Donners, what are you watching? Sure, TNA has had some "good moments," but Jeff Hardy is fighting Jeff Jarrett for the title and has been for a while. Neither are over, and either winning the belt means nothing. Not to mention that Killings, Raven, Styles and most everyone else are underutilized so that Jarrett can be the focus of the show. iMPACT went from being a show worth watching to the equivalent of "Superstars." This is NO reason to be positive.

And I AM a TNA fan.

Guest MikeSC
I love it, Mike. Everybody else in the thread is making positive comments or at least showing some interest in the thread topic

Um....the Lugar thing only came to note after all of those comments mind.

Irrelevant. If there is a negative topic, Mike will jump in gleefully. If there is a positive topic, Mike will either ignore it or try to find a negative aspect.

Again, it's MY fault they've provided NO good moments as of late? It's MY fault that their booking is shit, that their matches are blah, and that they sign useless slugs to contracts?

People are welcome to criticise TNA. God knows they make plenty of mistakes. But it is ridiculous to just criticise over and over without any balance.

There is no balance because the good : bad ratio is overloaded to the negative side.

It's your fault for continuing to follow it when you have such feelings about it.

Bah. I follow RAW more closely, and I don't give two shits about RAW, either.

If you are watching it while continuing to whine about how horrible it is, then it is laughable. If not, then you can't fairly judge the entertainment value of what you don't see.

Nah. If I PAID for a shitty product like this, then yes, that'd be laughable. As it is, FF'ing through an episode of Impact in the hopes of a gem takes less than 5 minutes. I can do it while taking a dump.

Which I do. Regularly. And the taking a dump is more pleasant.

The funny thing is that you throw around terms like "mark" and "mutant" when people dare to make positive comments about TNA, yet you are blinder than any one of them - simply with a negative rather than positive approach.

Back to the "Waaaa, he isn't blindly supporting TNA" bullshit? Haven't you progressed past that point?

I find it funny that you make it a point to waste your time reading my posts when you likely won't like the content.

Without any positives whatsoever?

I'll say it --- yes.

Yes, they make mistakes and yes, some shows are bad. But substantially worse than WWE has done in the last six months?

RAW has been horrendous since August. It's still so much better than TNA in terms of quality it's almost comical. SD owns TNA in every possible way.

How 'bout this for a sad statement? The much bigger and profitable WWE STILL makes more stars than TNA does.

They STILL promote more main eventers than TNA does --- and TNA has less reason to not push people.

Without any good, positive moments? No way.

The X Division Title has sucked for pretty much the entire year. The ME scene has been a disaster. Jeff Hardy is the top challenger for the World Title.

Feel free to point out the positive. I suppose some people can cream their pants about a Monty Brown squash, but I didn't like them back in the 1980's --- I sure as hell don't like them now when done by a horrendously untalented performer.

-=Mike

Guest Donners
Without any positives whatsoever? Rubbish. Yes, they make mistakes and yes, some shows are bad. But substantially worse than WWE has done in the last six months? Without any good, positive moments? No way.

6 months would be from April/04 - October/04.

6 months ago both Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were the champions. Those were good, positive moments. In the same time the nwa title switched from Styles to Killings to Jeff Jarrett. If it wasn't for the X divison, tna would be nothing.

Actually, I regard Eddie's title run as a failure. It broke up one of WWE's strongest tag teams, leaving Chavo as a vanilla jobber, and turned Eddie into an irritating and predictable character. I found Smackdown's top supposed faces to be heels, which just doesn't work.

Benoit...yeah, he was okay as champ, but never really set the world on fire. He had plenty of good MEs on Raw, but lacked a compelling feud. After the novelty wore off after March, it all seemed a little empty.

Besides, I don't judge shows just by their top few people. Smackdown was downright awful in the early part of the last six months, regardless of their champion, and now Raw has joined it.

They should use Luger's soon to be dead, coked out, murderous, has-been ass as an entertaining gimmick.

Like have Hardy pettle him more and more ecstacy each week until Luger forgets his name, and then they won't even have to give him a paycheck.

He can be Jushin "Thunder" Luger and cut promos on old 1991 WCW gimmicks. or they can have him collapse and due an anti-drug gimmick to help get a new face over, like maybe Roderick Strong or Billy Gunn.