TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest humanoid

Benoit's return

Guest humanoid

It's a shame that Chris Benoit isn't physically ready to return yet, as he was supposed to be.  Am I the only one that sees the perfect scenario for his return right in front of us?

The main event of the upcoming PPV is Austin vs. Jericho for the Title.  Let's think back to when and how Benoit was injured in storylines.

He was injured at the King Of The Ring in a triple threat match against you guessed it: Chris Jericho and Steve Austin for the WWF Title.  

At that time, Benoit and Jericho were aligned going into the match, but put their friendship aside during the match, and ended up fighting each other.  

I think it would be extremely fitting if Benoit made an appearance at No Way Out.  He left as a babyface, so the crowd would probably pop huge for him initially, but really it would make perfect sense for him to come down and "turn" (though really it's not even a turn) on Austin (the guy who injured him in the first place) and realign himself with Jericho (his tag team partner at the time of his injury).

Taking this one step further, this could then potentially lead to an Austin vs. Benoit Wrestlemania showdown to compliment the HHH vs. Jericho main event.  And who wouldn't want to see that?  I know many believe that Austin will immediately become involved with the nWo, but I'd much rather see them interfere in the Rock's No Way Out match instead, leading to a Rock vs. Hulk Hogan Wrestlemania match.

Many have suggested that all three nWo members will be in action at Wrestlemania, but I wouldn't blow their new appeal that quickly.

Taking this even another step further, I'd love to see Jericho and Benoit be portrayed as equals and head up a heel stable along with Lance Storm and Christian.  It looked like they were on that track with Storm and Christian as Jericho's buddies not long ago, but with the nWo coming in, the WWF probably doesn't want a second heel stable.  I still think it would be the perfect stable, as all four are simply awesome ring talents and it would seem to work well with two cocky blabbermouths (Jericho and Christian) and two serious competitors (Benoit and Storm).  I'm not saying they should be like the Horsemen or be completely pro-Canadian and anti-USA like the Hart Foundation, but I do think it would be an effective way of utilizing all four of them.

So basically, I feel that the current Jericho/Austin situation is just begging for Benoit's return.  It's a shame he's not healthy enough to come back now and then follow up on it because I really feel that the WWF would have a perfect scenario laid out for them if he was.

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this...

Guest Army Eye

Hmm.. I hadn't really thought of Benoit going heel when he comes back.  Jericho+ Benoit as a heel tandem sounds pretty damn good though.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

I dunno....Benoit was getting pretty over on his way out. He would be the perfect foil for Jericho. Because Jericho's beaten him convincingly like once and Benoit's whooped Jericho's ass like 80 times.

Guest RicFlairGlory

I think you're thinking too much.  The main events have been tailored for the nWo, HHH, Jericho, and Austin.  You like Benoit a lot and are trying to come up with a place for him where there really isnt. I do the same thing with HBK, so I'm not criticizing you, but now isnt Benoit's time.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Benoit is going to come back probably to destory the nWo. I mean he said on that MuchMusic show that they are the reason he left WCW. He could come back with the "I was trying to get away from you but now you've followed me to my new home" type thing. Then he and the rest of the WWF could run roughshod over them.

Guest Some Guy

I'd pop for Benoit destroying the nWo too.  But lets be realistic, his only contact with them will be him catching an ass kicking with the way Vince is.  He'll probably be a face feuding with Perfect, Venis, Y2J, etc...

I would love to see Hennig v Benoit to see if Hennig can still go, which I think he can.  But I am a Mr. Perfect mark so I'm little biased.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Benoit will probably go back to his old King of the Midcard slot.  He will fight the NWO, but not be near the World Title.

Guest Tim Cooke

"Benoit will probably go back to his old King of the Midcard slot.  He will fight the NWO, but not be near the World Title."

Sad but probably true.  He will also be the only one other than Austin who will consistantly put on quality matches as well.

Tim, who has been eagerly awaiting Benoit's return since the night after King of the Ring 2001.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Austin will be main eventing against Hogan & Nash.  No one could put on quality matches with them.

Guest Tony149

Hall is the only nWo guy who can have a good match, if he has his working boots on.

Benoit will stuck back in the midcard for the reasons already give in other posts. The only thing Benoit will probably do with the nWo is get beat up.

Guest theWCWRaider

Given that Vince likes the big guys, I'm afraid Benoit will get lost in the shuffle. Its a damn shame to, because that's why he left WCW in the first place.

But, I could be wrong...and if they split the company, perhaps Benoit will be in the company oposite of the NWO.

Guest HellSpawn

Sad but True.

How many marks still remember him?

And I totally agree with that CVC reunion, now as heels.

Guest goodhelmet

Yeah, if benoit returns after the split rosters, he should definitely be in the group without the NWO. If the split never happens, then we'll see him, RVD, Booker and Edge looking up at the ceiling again. After thinking about this, I really wish Hogan and Nash would just disappear FOREVER!