TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sly

Ashes 2 Ashes comments -

So help me God, there will be a bra and panties match for the Womens' title by the end of my tenure as booker.

With that said... a very good showing, guys, and I'm glad that you've (so far) managed to avoid a double no-show. Of course, with Kibs/Manson as the ambiguous match, maybe I shouldn't be speaking so soon...

On another note, I'd like to apologize to both Toxx and Spike (if it's necessary) for joining their promos. I haven't had much time this week, and given that the intro of the show was in Fury's match, I needed to move Toxx's opening promo to after that, and thus had to do tiny bits of editing so that it fit together. I hope that neither of you mind.

Finally -- quite a few defaults, but quite a few good reasons too. Special props go to Landon for winning two matches in one night. Now let's knock 'em dead on Storm.

On another note, I'd like to apologize to both Toxx and Spike (if it's necessary) for joining their promos.  I haven't had much time this week, and given that the intro of the show was in Fury's match, I needed to move Toxx's opening promo to after that, and thus had to do tiny bits of editing so that it fit together.  I hope that neither of you mind.

Uhm... Mike?

The intro to the PPV was in the SEPERATE PM I sent to you...

My match is that... My match.

So it'd be the opening, Toxxic's promo, and then my match.

Sorry if I confused that for you, but...

Guest carnage

Very good card over all. I really liked the opening match between Fury and myself. I don't think i've seen a match written in that particular style ever. Very cool read. I wasn't overly happy with what I had written so I was glad to see the PPV opener came out as good as it did.

Toxxic's match with Annie Eclectic was really well done. A good main event for a PPV.The match between Spike Jenkins and Austin Sly also was very solid.

I also thought the Kelly Connelly/Megan Skye match came out very well.

There were a lot of good matches but I only gave the card a quick once over. I'll have to give the card a more in depth reading tomorrow. For now Carnage must get sleep...

Sarah got our match in all right didn't she?

Otherwise, a good show all round.

Edit: Oh hi, I'd like my opponents to tell me what to do with the mystery partner properly next time, instead of just writing 'Masked Man' constantly.

Guest Suicide King

Quick little comments on the matches I marked, namely Fury and Carnage.

Fury wrote a very good match, but I think you still need to work some of the kinks out of your first person style. While it packs more of a punch it is also significantly more difficult to follow the specifics of the action, which makes sequences very confusing. That said, the first person stuff was in fact great. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the keyboard spot. I for one think he wrote Carnage very well, and this match on top of Carnage's stellar efforts of late has boosted Carnage in my internal rankings of favorite characters.

Carnage also wrote a great match, but he suffered from the exact opposite problem from Fury. Lots of good and easy to follow action, but with less description that made it lack weight. Some rather good commentary as well. Certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

And on a side note, Rev 0 did a great job of breaking up the show with the backstage promos. That right there is the difference between a good stable and a great stable. The Rev 0ers played up internal tensions, clearly established the group's social hierarchy, and brought in new blood all in a very simple and effective format not seen since the heyday of the M7. Good job all.

Edit: Oh hi, I'd like my opponents to tell me what to do with the mystery partner properly next time, instead of just writing 'Masked Man' constantly.

I PM'd Davis and said that the storyline was going to be a masked guy dubbed "Ghost", because of the plotline behind his appearance. The whole story of the match was to have him acting and working like MVS, which I figured would be fairly easy for you to do.

I PM'd Davis and said that the storyline was going to be a masked guy dubbed "Ghost", because of the plotline behind his appearance. The whole story of the match was to have him acting and working like MVS, which I figured would be fairly easy for you to do.

I never heard about naming him Ghost, how he should look or really how he should act. Just 'use some of these moves and good luck.'

But whatever.

Quick little comments on the matches I marked, namely Fury and Carnage.

Fury wrote a very good match, but I think you still need to work some of the kinks out of your first person style. While it packs more of a punch it is also significantly more difficult to follow the specifics of the action, which makes sequences very confusing. That said, the first person stuff was in fact great. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the keyboard spot. I for one think he wrote Carnage very well, and this match on top of Carnage's stellar efforts of late has boosted Carnage in my internal rankings of favorite characters.

Carnage also wrote a great match, but he suffered from the exact opposite problem from Fury. Lots of good and easy to follow action, but with less description that made it lack weight. Some rather good commentary as well. Certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

I just want to point out something about the way I write first person nowadays, considering I know it's still new to y'all, and only one or two others even tried it in their matches:

The way I write it... It's supposed to be hard to follow. I write the first person as exactly that... I plant myself in Fury's brain, catching the thoughts as they ticker-tape by... Seeing the world out his beady little eyeballs... Listening to his internal conversations in glorious, earth-shattering, soul-splitting 7.1 Digital Dolby Surround SOUND!!!

I do believe I've lost my inner monolouge...

Oh well. (Shrug)

But anyway... Just thought I'd point that out. I mean, do you really expect someone that's being thrown around like a rag doll into assorted things, being hit with assorted things, to have coherent thoughts? I mean...

We could always have someone help ya experiment with that. ;)

Guest Suicide King
But anyway... Just thought I'd point that out. I mean, do you really expect someone that's being thrown around like a rag doll into assorted things, being hit with assorted things, to have coherent thoughts? I mean...

Well, Christian, I think you've just hit upon the great weakness of the first person style, and one of the main reasons it doesn't work as well as it could in the fed. It may be something you want to work on though, since some markers grade flow and ease of understanding as very important. It could come back to bite you in the ass.

The end of the Mark/King match is exactly what I would have wanted out of it. I challenge anyone who's been following them since the start, or close to the start, to read it and not get a little misty. Wonderful, guys.

Guest Suicide King

Thanks Edwin. I have to admit Mark and I were beginning to wonder if anyone actually read our match, but were fearful to mention it lest we sound like whiny bitches. Which we are of course... we are on the internet, after all. But we didn't want to SOUND like it. ;)

I would recommend you read my upcoming promo on Storm as well then, if you would like to see the epilogue to the end of Mark's time here.

Edited by Suicide King

Edwin, I'll be honest, I'm glad you said that because when I was writing it I became very emotional. And as my wife said, "And why not? How much of your life have you devoted to this character? You aren't just having him say goodbye to the Fed, you are saying goodbye to him."

You know... I think I'm going to miss the big lug.

On another note... please read the match... please?

Okay, bare with me as this is all new to me.

Lengthy opening which runs down the card differently from recent shows, something which I liked.

Christian Fury vs. Carnage

Man, I thought I went overboard of crowd noise and sound effects. :P

He stands 1 meter, 90 and ½ centimeters tall, weighing in at 104 and ¾ kilos…

Huh? Seriously, I have no idea what 1 metre is in inches and kilos are alien to me. Still, it's Britain so it's all cool. Okay...obviously, I'm gonna have to comment on the first person stuff as it's Fury. I'd never dream of doing it myself and certainly find it a lot more 'challenging' (as in it's not easily scannable) to read. But it certainly makes you unique. And there's nothing wrong with having a unique style. Besides that, you also make it work well. You do tend to to feel more 'in' the match, rather than simply watching it during the first person spots, and you manage not to go too overboard. The match itself. King's right about your use of Carnage. Good job of making him look a threat. The use of the set was good, with the organ and the glass...a nice, out of control hardcore match. The first-person ending kinda affected the flow of the ending, but you can still see what's happening. Again, Carnage gets put over strong at the end. Nice stuff, even if the flow does become hard to follow sometimes.

Toxxic Is A Limey

I like. Rather than simply have Toxxic cheered because he's a Brit, you have to turn the crowd in your favour...which makes a lot of sense. The promo itself makes sense too. God, us Brits suck, huh? Very well handled. Not actually turning you, not turning the crowd against Annie or Silent. It just works.

Rev-0 Prom-0

Hmm, Spike is angry. You'd think he'd be happy, what with having a title. But nooooo. Building the intrigue of the mystery partner and already, whoever it is is being put over big-time. And man, Toxxic is an awesome leader figure.

Spike Jenkins vs. Austin Sly

Riley still loves Flesher. Don't we all? Woah, Spike is getting cheered? I know us Brits are a little weird, but come on. Give us some credit. New ref too. Man, this match has started off odd. Good little pure wrestling opening to start, before a little pushing...and some leapfrogs. After all, this is a Cruiser match. I'm liking the tempo. You have the slow build, and then suddenly it gets a little higher speed. ie, the Baseballslide-canrana. I found the double standing enziguri spot hard to picture. The build to the finish is great, with the germans being used for a reason...and just to complete the indie-esque match, the roll through into a Ratings Clash spot wins it. I enjoyed it and am impressed. If there was criticism to be found, it's that sometimes your style seems a little too much like 'Spike does this. Spike does that. Sly does this, so Spike does that' at times. Can't fault the content though. Kudos.

Andrea Montgomery vs. David Cross

Mass song lyrics in intros. Hmm...it's a PPV, so you're forgiven. We need someone to post an updated list of all the SWF refs, cause I'm confused. Speed vs. power to start and Drea, you're friggin' nuts. Seriously. The match turns into a technical fest surprisingly. But, really, how can you concentrate on that with Riley's madness. Genius. Aprubt ending, for some reason. Worth it just for the madness Riley.

Megan Skye vs. Kelly Connelly

MOTN, without a spiggin' doubt. 5,000 odd words of pure genius. Anyone who wants to give ACTUAL feedback is more than welcome to do so.

I'm Feeling Fris-co

Toxx, help me out...is it okay to call it a Manchester United 'Jersey'. It may just be me, but when I'm freezing my nuts off wearing it in this type of weather, I can't really bring myself to call it a jersey. Just me, maybe. Uhm...Frisco is back obviously. If he's active and professional, it's all cool.

Landon Maddix vs. Max King

This is better than it looked on WordPad, but I'm still indifferent to the rushed ending. Again, I've gone out of my way to review this show (which is FAR too long for my attention span, btw) so if someone could review my stuff then I'd be real grateful. On the subject, Max, I'll look at your match momentarily too.

Rev-0ing Again

I really, really like Toxxic as a leader character. I mean, he's a rookie and you wouldn't usually expect it to work. But it does.

Todd Cortez and Ghost vs. Sean Davis and SACRED!?!

Okay, I'll admit it. I thought it'd be Dace Night. Honestly, that was my instinct...especially when Dace showed up in the card thread a few days before the show. Sacred, I didn't expect. But I'll be damned if it wasn't a great choice. Loving the storyline with Ghost and without giving anything away, I know who Ghost is. And it's not Dace Night. Nifty little start and already, we've got the Ghost controversy to spice things up. And the Davis/Sacred distrust storyline is played up too. Again, it follows some solid tag format without being too predictable. Hot tags are good of course, but not all the time. The ol' partner assisted Abdominal Stretch brings some more 'regularity' to the match...as does the referee's arm kick. Old school indeed. Hot tag brings in Cortez. Suicide moonsault...which, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't very Van Siclen like. But there's a Van Siclen signature move with the elbow. Leading into the run to the finish which is nice and frantic. Both the storylines get a further boost with the Davis spear on Sacred...and then That Special Place to finish it. Could it really be Van Siclen!?! Hmm... A very fun tag match that does a good job with the storylines presented. I know who Ghost is, by the way.

'Manson vs. Nathaniel Kibagami'

Yep.

Suicide King vs. 'Grand Slam' Mark Stevens

Firstly, the build has been awesome. Obviously, I don't really need to offer advice or anything on this one. Minor point on the rules. Pins don't have to be in the ring for HIAC, although that may have been a specific rule...in which case, pay me no heed. Right from the start it feels like an epic. Feels like you're reading something important. From there, what else can you say except awesome? It was everything you'd expect from the match and then some. The characters were played perfectly too. If anything, I've never really liked the ending you used...but, in this case it probably worked. The post-match ending is what'll be remembered most of course. Nice little touch with the out of character embrace afterwards as well. Very poignant and a fitting send-off. Or, at least until next time. :P

Toxxic vs. Annie Eclectic

Looks like I'm gonna have to break out the coffee for this one. Again, nice work on keeping some fans behind Annie rather than turning them all into your favour, Toxx. Your lesson for today: Women are sneaky, and like to hit people with long, wooden sticks. Supersoaker? Man, I only just realised how much I missed hardcore Toxxic. I'm actually honoured to get the Mutu joke. For those that don't, he's a coke fiend soccer player. Annie stealing Van Siclen's spot got a laugh out of me. Hey, maybe she's Ghost. Nice back and forth action. In-Flight Meal=GOLD~! Toxxic remembers Annie isn't all that strong for the DVD, which is attention to detail. Not spectacular, but attention nonetheless. Still the action goes back and forth, before Annie kicks out of the Caffeine Bomb? I wouldn't have expected that if I didn't notice how much further down the page I had to scroll. Nice to see the crowd turning on Toxxic when he acts a dick. Kicking out of the ladder assisted Hangover...maybe a little too much. Ooh, handcuffs. But Annie survives an uprotected chair shot. Putting her over strong. Inventive handcuff usage. And the ending is swift, surprising and pretty darned cool. Handshake post-match. I'm sure that'll get as much thought as the Flair/Orton handshake did. :P Toxx...you know you rock. Obviously, it wasn't Puro Central...but it was darn sure entertaining. And just think, 74 days more of this and you'll beat ELM's record.

What?

Guest Suicide King
Minor point on the rules. Pins don't have to be in the ring for HIAC, although that may have been a specific rule...in which case, pay me no heed.

Yes, you're right there Landon. That is just one of those things that irks me and Mark with HIAC, so we just did ours this way for two reasons. First we wanted to keep it in the cell like recent WWE HIACs (which have made them much more interesting I think). If pinfalls counted anywhere, well, we would have tried harder to leave I think. Last thing Mark and I wanted was to drag our tired elderly bodies to finish on the cell roof. ;) And second, it would have just seemed wrong to me if it didn't end in the ring so we twisted some arms.

Thank you for your kind words. :)

Supersoaker? Man, I only just realised how much I missed hardcore Toxxic.

I miss hardcore Toxxic too. That's mainly why i suggested a Street Fight to Annie. The trouble is Toxxic the character hates Hardcore, but I love writing it.

Oh, and cheers for the props for me as a leader figure :)

*goes off to choke on his own phlegm*

Mmm, I love colds.