TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Beatles song voted worst of all time

I know these polls dont mean shit to anything of course, but this ones kinda funny.

The Beatles' 1968 song Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da has been voted the worst song ever in an online poll.

The track was on the band's White Album - which is often regarded as one of the best albums ever made.

It was rated as being worse than former footballer Paul Gascoigne's Fog On The Tyne in a Mars survey of 1,000 people.

In third place was Meat Loaf's 1993 hit I'll Do Anything For Love, while 5ive, Cliff Richard, Vanilla Ice and Steps were also in the top 10.

TOP 5 'WORST' SONGS

1. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da - The Beatles

2. Fog on the Tyne - Gazza and Lindisfarne

3. I'll Do Anything For Love - Meat Loaf

4. Diamond Lights - Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle

5. We Will Rock You - 5ive featuring Queen 

Three of the songs on the list are sung by footballers, including the 1987 song Diamond Lights by Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle.

Liverpool's Anfield Rap, featuring John Barnes, also makes the top 10.

Ian Edwards, lecturer at the Academy of Contemporary Music, said: "Admit it or not, most of these are songs that we liked when they first came out.

"That is the nature of pop music as a part of fashion. Songs are popular at the time, but times change and often this results in embarrassing additions to your record collections.

"It is interesting to note that they were nearly all hits."

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I really don't like that song at all, and it's probably my least favorite Beatles song, but it's not THAT bad.

Guest Shutterspeed

Don't take my avatar as bias either. Even if I did agree with that song as being the worst ever (I don't), for the most part, these poll creators are almost always idiots.

All these polls are bollocks anyway.

Although, it is the beginning of old Paul slowly becoming the bland, 'safe' Macca of post 68... but he's written a LOT worse songs than Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da.

The rest I think I agree with though.

I've never heard this, but remembering 5ive as a third-rate boy group during the peak of Boy Group Mania, I can only imagine how horrible this must be

Guest Shutterspeed

I've never heard this, but remembering 5ive as a third-rate boy group during the peak of Boy Group Mania, I can only imagine how horrible this must be

Perhaps worst was 5ive overshadowing Queen, which is understandable and expected but no less depressing.

Perhaps worst was 5ive overshadowing Queen, which is understandable and expected but no less depressing.

Brian May is a tool for letting them use the song anyway.

Do not speak ill of those who brought us "Baby When The Lights Go Out".

I'm convinced that in Zack's world the hardest part of breaking up is taking back your stuff.

Prove me wrong, Malibu. Prove me wrong.

2Gether reference, Rando? I'm disappointed.

I'm convinced that in Zack's world the hardest part of breaking up is taking back your stuff. 

Prove me wrong, Malibu. Prove me wrong.

2Gether reference, Rando? I'm disappointed.

I could have also asked him to:

a) Hang Tuff

b) go "Sailing"

c) have "Liquid Dreams"

The choice wasn't easy.

Do not speak ill of those who brought us "Baby When The Lights Go Out".

Go figure that you would defend even the worst of the boy groups

I could defend NSync... maybe even the BSB *shudder*... but not 5ive. They were to boy groups what Pretty Boy Floyd was to hair metal

What was teh name for the Robbie Williams boy band?

Take That.

And Zack, I got your back on loving 2Gether. Because, yes, the hardest part of breaking up, actually, IS getting back your stuff, because then there's the awkward glances, the small flirting, the post-breakup sex, and then the arguing while you bring shit out to your car, and you end up speeding home, but then remember when you enter your driveway "hey, my jacket's still over there...FUCK!"

Guest Shutterspeed
the fact that a beatles song not sung by ringo was chosen is enough to disregard this list.

A Beatles song was only in the poll for a rise. If there was no tampering, I'm sure that the makers were hoping for a win, and they got it.

By the way, Offspring totally ripped off Ob La Di, Ob La Da, so that would naturally be a worse song, and therefore, the worst, if it were thought out that way.

Guest Shutterspeed

It's just obvious that there are much, much worse songs than anything a band the likes of The Beatles have done, putting aside what The Offspring may have done later.