TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Beatles song voted worst of all time

But who would that get a rise out of? Beatles fans? There might be a few left, but none of them really care anymore.

See, that's a far more effective way of getting a rise out of Beatles fans. I commend you!

TOP 5 'WORST' SONGS

1. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da - The Beatles

2. Fog on the Tyne - Gazza and Lindisfarne

These two are probably in my 'top 5 songs I sing to myself most' list.

Liverpool's Anfield Rap, featuring John Barnes, also makes the top 10.

One of my favourite videos as well. The original Goldie Lookin' Chain.

URBAN LEGEND:

If you continue to let The Beatles (aka The White Album) play after "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da", a much worse song called "Wild Honey Pie" comes on.

For what it's worth, "Honey Pie" from the second record in that set gets my vote as the worst Beatles song ever.

It really boggles the mind as to how that album got such a good reputation. That said, I'll take "When I'm 64" or even the dreaded "Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite" over "Honey Pie" any old day of the week.

Tiffany's cover of "I Think We're Alone Now" is really awful.

Yeah well... she was still pretty bangin though

Hell, she and Debbie Gibson still are. Compare that with Britney who's already falling to waste.

I don't really like that song, either. I usually stop the album after the weird semi-song in between "Cry Baby Cry" and "Revolution #9." I would definitely never argue the point that that album should have been condensed to one record, but there really is some pretty worthless stuff on there.

Edit: In reference to "Good Night."

Hey, remember when Kotzenjunge said Nick Cave was one of the Pet Shop Boys?

Yeah. I remember making a joke about Nick Cave's "slightly darker" original version of "West End Girls" that I thought was just outrageously funny. Those were more innocent times, I guess.

Tiffany's cover of "I Think We're Alone Now" is really awful. That's the only one I remember.

We need to revisit "worst cover songs". Jessica Simpson has two - "Take My Breath Away" (Berlin) and "Angels" (Robbie Williams). In both she manage to take a couple of good songs and take all that was wonderful about them out and replace it with Mariah Carey-esque overemoting.

Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da is not a good song, but it's one of those great drinking songs along with, "Home For A Rest" and "Fiesta".

What 5ive song made the list, out of curiousity?

Guest Cerebus

One would think Anyway You Want It by Journey or Can't Stop the Music by The VIllage People would be well below this list.

5. We Will Rock You - 5ive featuring Queen 

I've never heard this, but remembering 5ive as a third-rate boy group during the peak of Boy Group Mania, I can only imagine how horrible this must be

Do not speak ill of those who brought us "Baby When The Lights Go Out".

Go figure that you would defend even the worst of the boy groups

I could defend NSync... maybe even the BSB *shudder*... but not 5ive. They were to boy groups what Pretty Boy Floyd was to hair metal

I don't hold 5ive on a pedestal or anything, but "When The Lights Go Out" was damn catchy. The follow up song was meh, and I can't recall anything else of note by them. So it's not OMG YOU MADE TEH FUN OF 5IVE, I'm more of a fan of their single than anything.

NSYNC actually got better with time as opposed to worse, like most boy bands. I feel the same way about O-Town, actually, because the second CD was more pop/rock than boyband-ish. BSB stayed consistent, but they were better for ballads than pop songs. 2Gether cannot be looked at as an actual group, but something that was pretty funny and got popular by mocking a trend. And Laz has my back on 2Gether, so it's all good.

Why is it that even though most boy groups sing about love and shit, in all their videos there's always some shot involving all the guys slowly and menacingly walking towards the camera as if they're about to kick some dude's ass?

Anyone who voted for Diamond Lights obviously hasn't heard some of the other terrors that lurk on "Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur". The fact that "Diamond Lights" and "Fog On The Tyne", alongside the assorted Chas N Dave Songs, are the best songs on that CD says a lot.

Guest Vitamin X
5. We Will Rock You - 5ive featuring Queen 

I've never heard this, but remembering 5ive as a third-rate boy group during the peak of Boy Group Mania, I can only imagine how horrible this must be

Do not speak ill of those who brought us "Baby When The Lights Go Out".

Go figure that you would defend even the worst of the boy groups

I could defend NSync... maybe even the BSB *shudder*... but not 5ive. They were to boy groups what Pretty Boy Floyd was to hair metal

I could defend NSync... maybe even the BSB

Could you really, Slayer?