TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

WCW facts, tidbits, and stuff people forgot

Seems like they could've called Gravedigger or something and get around the whole Undertaker thing.

They'd get sued by the Monster Truck people.

Unless they cut a deal with them or something.

OK, here's something I thought of.

Why is it that Hall and Nash went by their real names when they came to WCW, but Sean Waltman didn't?

Wouldn't it have been easier to go by than Syxx or Syxx-Pac?

I guess they wanted a chance to jump on a pun (Syxx being the 6th member of the nWo behind Hall, Nash, Hogan, DiBiase, and The Giant).

Or perhaps it's because 1 + 2 + 3 = 6, kid. ;)

Did WCW give us any reason why they changed Harlem heats names around 1994? They first went as Cain and Kol (Unsure of the spelling) and were later known as Stevie Ray and Booker T.

Not from what I saw. They just showed up one week and Bischoff as commentator casually mentioned that they want to be Booker T and Stevie Ray from now on. I believe this coincided w/ the angle that ended them up w/ Sister Sherri.

Did WCW give us any reason why they changed Harlem heats names around 1994? They first went as Cain and Kol (Unsure of the spelling) and were later known as Stevie Ray and Booker T.

I forget, hell I forgot that even were called something diffreent when they first showed up, I remembered them as Booker T and Stevie Ray from their GWF days as The Ebony Experience.

I think the name change came some time in 94, so you may be right MillenniumMan831

Which WCW tag team do you guys think would've been cool to see in WWE? I think David Flair/Crowbar. I loved their gimmick!

What happened to Sgt Craig Pitman? I remember him being pushed hard against jobbers and then to "new star" Cobra but then I seem to remember that he disappeared. I had no access to WCW after early 1996 so I might have missed something though but I never read about him after 1995 either.

Please stop trying Wrestlefreak

Stop being a smarky elitist.

This isn't exactly the right thread for those kinds of questions - start a "who would you like to see" dealie instead.

as for Sgt. Pittman - I'm not sure but from what I remember he kinda just faded out after the "Codename: Cobra" feud finished he had the look of a man who'd kick your ass for looking at him wrong, a "shoot" kinda feel to him.

I wonder what he did after his time in WCW

Did Alex Wright have the most comically oversized package of all-time?

BTW, on one of the early pages of this thread, someone asked about a ninja attacking and/or challenging Ricky Steamboat. I remember it, can someone expand on what the deal was?

The ninja ended up being Paul E. Dangerously, that I remember for certain. Maybe the ninja carried that obnoxiously large cellphone...lol

I guess it was setting up an Austin-Steamboat feud? Or a Steamboat/Rhodes-Dangerous Alliance feud? I know it had a point, I just can't remember it. Anyone?

If I remember correctly, the deal was Steamboat was feuding with the Dangerous Alliance (not sure whom specifically), but started bringing a ninja to ringside to protect himself from DA members running in during his matches. During a match, the ninja hit Steamboat with a phone, and of course ended up being Paul E. I don't think it was revealed who the original ninja was or what happened to him after that. It was more just to advance the feud between Ricky and the DA.

At the First Superbrawl Rude/Steamboat match for Rude's US title

What happened to Sgt Craig Pitman? I remember him being pushed hard against jobbers and then to "new star" Cobra but then I seem to remember that he disappeared. I had no access to WCW after early 1996 so I might have missed something though but I never read about him after 1995 either.

He turned face around then which also made him lose his push. Teddy Long began to manage him and Pittman couldn't buy a win until the end of his run in latter 1996.

Seems like Teddy Long was one of the worst WCW managers to have. I remember he also managed Ice Train for a while, and a Chris Jericho as a noob to WCW. Did anyone ever have success with Long?

Seems like Teddy Long was one of the worst WCW managers to have. I remember he also managed Ice Train for a while, and a Chris Jericho as a noob to WCW. Did anyone ever have success with Long?

I'm not too polished on my early 90s WCW, but didn't he manage Doom for a little bit? I think it was closer to when they split, but I think he did.

I just check Obsessed with Wrestling and here is the list of people Teddy Long managed:

Sid Vicious

Dan Spivey

Mean Mark Callous

Ron Simmons

Butch Reed

Johnny B. Badd

Too Cold Scorpio

Marcus Bagwell

Ice Train

Sgt Craig Pittman

Joey Maggs

Jimmy Powers

Bobby Walker

D’lo Brown

Rodney Mack

Jazz

Christopher Nowinski

He managed Doom from 89 until their breakup in 1991 where he and Butch Reed turn on Ron Simmons. He brought in Johnny B. Badd, but left him before Badd became a TV Titlist.

There was also the angle where Long and Maggs were scouting Bobby Eaton as a potential partner for Maggs as a Saturday Night angle, but Eaton was released before they ever followed through with anything.

I just check Obsessed with Wrestling and here is the list of people Teddy Long managed:

Sid Vicious

Dan Spivey

Mean Mark Callous

Ron Simmons

Butch Reed

Johnny B. Badd

Too Cold Scorpio

Marcus Bagwell

Ice Train

Sgt Craig Pittman

Joey Maggs

Jimmy Powers

Bobby Walker

D’lo Brown

Rodney Mack

Jazz

Christopher Nowinski

He managed Doom from 89 until their breakup in 1991 where he and Butch Reed turn on Ron Simmons. He brought in Johnny B. Badd, but left him before Badd became a TV Titlist.

Wait a damn minute. Long wrestled Mean Mark, Spivey and Dan Spivey?!! When? I didn't know he managed the varsity club.

There was also the angle where Long and Maggs were scouting Bobby Eaton as a potential partner for Maggs as a Saturday Night angle, but Eaton was released before they ever followed through with anything.

They filmed a Worldwide match with them going by The New Midnight Express, but I don't think the match ever aired.

Guest Super Leather

Sid Vicious

Dan Spivey

Mean Mark Callous

Ron Simmons

Butch Reed

Johnny B. Badd

Too Cold Scorpio

Marcus Bagwell

Ice Train

Sgt Craig Pittman

Joey Maggs

Jimmy Powers

Bobby Walker

D’lo Brown

Rodney Mack

Jazz

Christopher Nowinski

Wait a damn minute. Long wrestled Mean Mark, Spivey and Dan Spivey?!! When? I didn't know he managed the varsity club.

Teddy Long managed Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey when they teamed as the Skyscrapers circa 1989. If I recall, Spivey then left the team (later to be Waylon Mercy in the WWF) and Mean Mark was brought in. Not too long after that, Mean Mark left WCW and went to the WWF as the Undertaker.

Guest Quik

A 22 year old John Cena was opponent number 68 in Goldberg's undefeated streak.

Sable was going to begin appearing on WCW TV, but her deal fell through when Mero wouldn't go along with Bischoff's wife-swapping activites.

Sting allegedly had a secret affair with Scott Steiner while on the road in the early 90's that went sour. This led to the Steiners leaving for ther WWF.

Something I just remembered earlier today:

I seem to remember around '93 or '94-ish, DDP (at least I think it was him) being involved in an angle where he was banned from TBS programming for "cursing" on air. I remember seeing the clip...of course he didn't use any actual swear words, but I think he was going off on whoever was president of WCW at the time. Does anyone know what the heck I'm thinking of?

I think I have this since no one's answered it.

The way I remember it was that DDP was saying things that he wasn't supposed to (in essence, doing worked shoots before they became fashionable). I remember JR interviewing him and DDP mentioning the upcoming NWA Tag Team Title tournament (this was early-92) and JR quickly trying to end the segment.

Sting allegedly had a secret affair with Scott Steiner while on the road in the early 90's that went sour. This led to the Steiners leaving for ther WWF.

What :huh:

I also doubt that these two had an affiar. Also, I pray that it never did.