TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

WWF/E Tidbits from the past

Jeff Zucker is a registered member of the NRA. The tip of the iceberg in the cancellation of XFL on NBC came when Charlton Heston told Zucker he hated "that faggot shit".

The Katie Vick storyline was thought up by Stacy Keibler.

Goldberg was originally contacted by WWF to become Jim Goldberg in summer of 1996. He was going to debut with the Intercontinental title, regardless of the fact that Marc Mero was champion at the time. The deal was called off when Mr. Goldberg found out he wouldn't be morally allowed to participate in sex orgies while off-tour. Eric Bischoff was the one who agreed to these conditions. Lex Luger was furious but wouldn't go into details.

Ahmed Johnson ate one of the children he saved from Bam Bam Bigelow.

Tito Santana was a hologram.

Guest bigm350

How true is it that Bruce Hart was going to be used instead of Owen, in the brother vs brother angle, with Bret?

Guest bigm350

I was asking this because in Bret's RF shoot video he stated that the WWF wanted to use Bruce, but Bret balked and wanted Owen to be in that role because Owen was a better worker and performer.

I was asking this because in Bret's RF shoot video he stated that the WWF wanted to use Bruce, but Bret balked and wanted Owen to be in that role because Owen was a better worker and performer.

I don't know why they would want Bruce, when it would make no sense at all. Owen would have built in history, and would actually mean something. Bruce was just a face in the Hart family crowd.

Guest bigm350

I don't know why they would want Bruce, when it would make no sense at all. Owen would have built in history, and would actually mean something. Bruce was just a face in the Hart family crowd.

I don't know either. Must be that wacky McMahon mentality, if its true. Also, was Bruce ever an active worker in the WWF, besides that one time appearance with the Hart brothers at Surser 93?

Just for the record, I didn't get the Borga-Luger rumor from SK. The site I got it from may have, though, I dunno.

Guest Astro
I thought it was that Bret was hurt AND that both had been in a brawl backstage weeks before. Or was that later?

How long was the GTV angle going to play out before revealing who was behind it (assuming it Goldust)?

What was the original plan for Flair before he had to drop the title to Bret in Saskatoon?

The Bret/Shawn brawl was the night after KotR.

I don't think they had any firm idea.

He was going to drop the belt, not sure when, to one of four people. Bret, Savage, Warrior and someone else. Warrior leaving required them to create a new main event level babyface, so they went with Bret.

Mr. Perfect was the last choice

BTW Mr. P was removed from the Survior Series 94 card because he showed up drunk and Macho Man replaced him

BTW Mr. P was removed from the Survior Series 94 card because he showed up drunk and Macho Man replaced him

Actually, it was because he was having some problems with a fan harrassing his family.

Not a huge deal, but it was '93, not '94.

Guest Astro

Are you sure the fan isn't the Spin doctored excuse? Mr. P did enjoy the booze....

Besides I read it on the internet...it has to be true!

:headbang:

To the guy who asked about a tag team called Assault and Battery:

I can't honestly tell you why I know this, but Assault and Battery were a women's tag team on the ABC sitcom Step By Step. They beat the hell out of straight laced Frank(Patrick Duffy) and his wacky nephew Cody(Sasha Mitchell).

4 time High School Trivia Team MVP.

Computer skills? Nope. Car knowledge? Next. Cooking ability? Dick. Romantic prowess? N/A. Useless knowledge factor? Through the fucking roof.

As for the team in the WWF, I've got nothing.

:cheers:

I found the page, and here's what it said as regards to WMX

Royal Rumble 1994- Bam Bam Bigelow replaced Ludvig Borga in the match against Tatanka. Kwang the Ninja, Sparky Plugg, and Virgil replaced Ludvig Borga, Kamala, and the 1-2-3 Kid in the Rumble. Some of the outcomes of matches were changed. The Undertaker was originally supposed to win the casket match and the WWF title. Soon after, he was scheduled to drop the title to Ludvig Borga before Wrestlemania. This would've set up a match against Lex Luger at Wrestlemania since Luger was scheduled to be the lone winner of the Royal Rumble. The plan was to have Yokozuna take some time off to lose some weight (his doctor was worried about his condition). The Undertaker badly needed some time off due to his back problems (that's why the WWF gave him the gimmick. The bodysuit that he wears actually covers up a back brace that he wears when he wrestles). Luger would then have all of the spotlight, and be turned into a new Hulk Hogan personality as the new WWF Champion (at Wrestlemania). This is what happened: Mark Callaway's (The Undertaker) back problems worsened dramatically, so he needed to be written out of the script right away. Yokozuna didn't bother to listen to his doctor and decided to stay with the WWF. In the meantime, Ludvig Borga absolutely destroyed his ankle during a match (either against Rick Steiner or in a battle royal), and the WWF had to let him go. Bret Hart was chosen to win the title since he had been cheated out of a title shot when Hogan left the WWF. McMahon figured that he could give Luger the title sometime down the road.  McMahon told Luger that he would be the Champion in the near future. Unfortunately for Luger, McMahon kept postponing the title reign for Lex Luger in order to develop storylines, but still planned on giving the title to Luger at some point. This postponement lasted for over a year and a half. Luger simply got sick of waiting, and left the WWF for WCW in September of 1995.

Somethings I know are true

Bret Hart was close to going to WCW in 1992. He asked Vince McMahon for his release, but his contract says he has to ask for a release before a specific date of the year, if he doesn't, he won't be released. It was after that date, so there it was.

WWF From April through December was the quickest collapse any company has ever faced until WCW's run towards ending

This is from David Meltzer...

WWF From April through December was the quickest collapse any company has ever faced until WCW's run towards ending

In 1992?

Yes, 1992 was the worst year financially in WWF history

In 1992?

Yes, 1992 was the worst year financially in WWF history

Yep. And it's weird because that's one of my favorite years in WWF history

Mr.Perfect (Favorite) and Ric Flair

Bret Hart's single's push

The Undertaker getting bigger

Randy Savage

Razor Ramon debut

Lex Luger coming in (It was pretty cool at the time)

Shawn Michael becoming a singles wrestler

Lot of big stuff happened in 1992

I can't honestly tell you why I know this, but Assault and Battery were a women's tag team on the ABC sitcom Step By Step. They beat the hell out of straight laced Frank(Patrick Duffy) and his wacky nephew Cody(Sasha Mitchell).

Wrong! He was actually with his moron son J.T. (Brandon Call), and if they survived, they'd get football tickets. They didn't. But the promoters were nice and gave them the tickets anyway.

I know more useless knowledge than you!

Hmmm....Hogan out of the main event, the company collpases.

I heard that Hogan guy drew some pretty big coin in his day. True? :P

Alright, what about HHH keeping the title at WM 2000 and the subsequent belt swapping with Rocky the next few months? What was up with that?

Hmmm....Hogan out of the main event, the company collpases.

I heard that Hogan guy drew some pretty big coin in his day. True? :P

Alright, what about HHH keeping the title at WM 2000 and the subsequent belt swapping with Rocky the next few months? What was up with that?

Well I am no expert but the way it seems to me is that the reason this happened was to:

1. In April, keep Rock's face push from going stale after the hype of him winning at wrestlemania was killed

2. In May, HHH got the belt because he always gets his way :( and so Undertake could have an impact of a comeback

3. In June, to let Rock finally have a decent face title run for a considerable length of time and carry the company through the summer, and let HHH take care of his problem with Angle and kill off his feud with Rocky

Thats just my analysis, but if anyone has the real reasons, please post them cuz i would like to know as well, thanks!!! :D

Were there any long term plans for Nailz at the time aside from having him feud with Undertaker? He claimed in interviews he was innocent, were they ever going to reveal that?

Why did Tatanka get pushed so hard for two years but never a title? Were there ever any bigger plans for him?

Guest Sturgis
Were there any long term plans for Nailz at the time aside from having him feud with Undertaker? He claimed in interviews he was innocent, were they ever going to reveal that?

I think he supposed to have a feud with Warrior in a series of electric chair matches, but Warrior hated the idea and left the company before Survivor Series 92'.

Now I read everywhere that Henning won the IC by beat Tito Santana in the finals of a tournament, but I swear I saw a battle royal where those were the last two guys in the ring and eliminated each other then Henning crawled back into the ring first, with help from Heenan(which is why The Brain started managing him in the firstplace), to win. Did I imagine that?

Also there was this one time on Superstars in about 88 where The Rockers were set to wrestle the Rougeaus, but the Rougeaus attacked them and busted Shawn Micheals open with Jimmy Hart's megaphone, which I thought was odd since there was a "no blood" code at the time. Did imagine this also?

A few random tidbits...if any are bullshit, blame Alex Marvez, because these are old rumors from him.

-The original plan for Mind Games was HBK/Lothario vs. Vader/Cornette and Sid/Ahmed vs. Bulldog/Owen, but Ahmed got hurt and the fans didn't really care about Lothario, so they put Mankind against HBK.

-The WWF briefly considered doing weekly PPVs for $9.95 back in 1996, but it was an idea that never got very far.

-Stevie Richards and Saturn were very close to going to the WWF in 1996, but those negotiations broke down. The rumor is that Richards' role was going to be as Jerry Lawler's "Court Jester".

-There were thoughts of totally recreating the Undertaker character after Summerslam 1996. One rumor had Jake Roberts involved in this angle in some way.

-There were rumors in late 96 of WWF trying to get a slot on Fox for a late Saturday night show that could be edgier.

Not in the slightest. Borga was meant to face Earthquake at WM X.

I do remember this being advertised in WWF magazine now. So, none of the above quote is true, then?

Guest BrokenWings
-There were rumors in late 96 of WWF trying to get a slot on Fox for a late Saturday night show that could be edgier.

Didn't they get on Fox with Saturday Night Shotgun, or something?

I was younger so the memory is all hazy, but I do recall SNS being on Channel 38 (Which is Fox now, if it wasn't then), but I do know it came on at midnight.

Didn't they get on Fox with Saturday Night Shotgun, or something?

I was younger so the memory is all hazy, but I do recall SNS being on Channel 38 (Which is Fox now, if it wasn't then), but I do know it came on at midnight.

Yeah, they got Shotgun Saturday Night...but was that on Fox? I can't even remember.

I remember Taker tombstoning HHH on an escalator though. And that weird shit with Sunny.