TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

WWF/E Tidbits from the past

Maybe if Big Show hadn't have felt the need to cram down 10-packs of hot dogs in one sitting like he used to be known to do backstage, he wouldn't be such a fat shit now.

In WCW, he was in phenominal shape until the last few months there. I heard the WWF paid for him to get liposuction before he debuted with them.

But yeah, don't blame Big Show's inhuman size for his fatness. He made the decision to shovel all sorts of shit down his mouth which made him put on 84 pounds of fat since his WCW debut. He was a ripped 424 when he debuted with WCW, and now weighs 508.

I'll never forget him walking to the ring on Raw during his first WWF Title run with the belt around his waist. Midway down the ramp, the belt snapped off of him.

From that House Show, it was pretty cool when Herc & Jerk tied Boss Man up with the chain and Heenan slapped him around. Pretty cool visual there.

I also like the fact that Herc is rocking out (bobbing his head) to "Hard Time" during Bossman's entrance.

But yeah, don't blame Big Show's inhuman size for his fatness. He made the decision to shovel all sorts of shit down his mouth which made him put on 84 pounds of fat since his WCW debut. He was a ripped 424 when he debuted with WCW, and now weighs 508.

Meltzer said that Big Show weighs in at a legit 525lbs I think it was.

Mr. Fuji turned on Demolition at SSeries 1988 because he felt they were getting too soft. The same reason goes for Paul Bearer turning on the Undertaker at SummerSlam 1996.

Original Plans and Main Events

Flair was supposed to retain at WM VIII, but Savage bitched about it and got the belt.

Credit: To Be The Man

Edge Vs. Brock Lesnar was planned to be the final bout of the 2002 KOTR with Edge putting over Lesnar.

Edge Vs. Chris Jericho in the steel cage was originally going to take place at SummerSlam 2002.

Credit: Adam Copeland On Edge

Bad Blood 2003

Goldberg Vs. HHH

World Heavyweight Title

Survivor Series 2003

Eddie Guerrero Vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Championship

Vengeance 2005

Christian Vs. John Cena

WWE Championship

SummerSlam 2005

Hassan Vs. Batista

World Heavyweight Title

(Hassan was going to win!)

Survivor Series 2005

Team RAW (Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, The Big Show, Carlito, Chris Masters)

Vs.

Team SD (JBL, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Christian, Ken Kennedy)

Judgment Day 2006

Randy Orton Vs. Rey Mysterio

World Heavyweight Title

Great American Bash 2006

JBL vs. Mark Henry

World Heavyweight Title

Great American Bash 2007

Rey Mysterio Vs. Edge

World Heavyweight Title

Unforgiven 2007

Batista Vs. Khali

World Heavyweight Title

Edge Vs. Chris Jericho in the steel cage was originally going to take place at SummerSlam 2002.

And I got to see it live as a result. Damn fine match, and a shame it wasn't on the Steel Cage DVD a few years back.

Where was that from about Hassan beating Batista? Cause I am calling major bullshit on that one. There's no way in hell they would have ever put the belt on that worthless shithead.

Oh, and I fail to see how Edge vs. Lesnar in the KOTR 2002 finals makes much sense, considering Edge had just won the prior year. Though I think I would have preferred that to the nightmare that was RVD vs. Lesnar, which as longtime forum posters know I regard as the single dumbest booking decision of the post Invasion era.

How true is it that Bruce Hart was going to be used instead of Owen, in the brother vs brother angle, with Bret?

It isn't.

Now, over 3 years later, thanks to Bret's book, we find out this is true.

Where was that from about Hassan beating Batista? Cause I am calling major bullshit on that one. There's no way in hell they would have ever put the belt on that worthless shithead.

Oh, and I fail to see how Edge vs. Lesnar in the KOTR 2002 finals makes much sense, considering Edge had just won the prior year. Though I think I would have preferred that to the nightmare that was RVD vs. Lesnar, which as longtime forum posters know I regard as the single dumbest booking decision of the post Invasion era.

The Hassan/Batista was one of the ones I do remember hearing. I remember rumors at the time because it was going to be at Summerslam in Washington DC, so not only Hassan winning the title in the nation's capital but Batista hometown. A few others of those I never heard of before (Guerrero/Angle in 03, JBL/Henry, I mean, I remember hearing rumors JBL would take the title off Rey, but never that he'd fight Henry, especially with Batista returning).

The Edge/Lesnar would've been interesting, but kind of cliche that in 01, Edge beat the previous winner (Angle from 2000) in the finals, then to have the same thing happen the next year.

The Edge/Lesnar would've been interesting, but kind of cliche that in 01, Edge beat the previous winner (Angle from 2000) in the finals, then to have the same thing happen the next year.

Yeah, that's what they were going for. I never even knew about it until I read his book.

The Hassan title challenge was planned a month or two beforehand, because they thought he'd be super hot by that time. I don't know whether he'd have won, but it's possible given how hard Vince wanted to push the gimmick. Of course, Hassan never did get over to where they wanted, and then they ran that angle with the five masked guys and Hassan attacking the Undertaker on Smackdown right at the time of the suicide bombings in London, and we know what happened after that.

How true is it that Bruce Hart was going to be used instead of Owen, in the brother vs brother angle, with Bret?

It isn't.

Now, over 3 years later, thanks to Bret's book, we find out this is true.

HTQ will not admit Meltzer was incorrect on this one..

Can anyone tell me what Adam Bomb says when walking to the ring at Survivor Series '93? It's right after he is introduced by Howard Finkel as he looks into the camera. I've tried for years to decipher it with no luck. I just watched it again yesterday and it got me thinking. Weird, you betcha.

Pretty sure he said, school is in session, and class is in.

The 'class is in' part sounds right. I'll have to go back and watch it once more. Thanks a lot. :headbang:

The following wrestlers had untelevised dark matches for the WWF prior to show tapings... Credit Graham Cawthon's site. Years 1992-1995

1992-01-27: Ron & Don Harris vs. Khris Germany & Todd Overbow

1992-03-09: Del Wilkes (The Patriot) vs. Rick Martel

1992-07-21: Relampago (Konnan) vs. Luis Mendieta

1992-09-22: Matt Borne (Doink) vs. Crush

1992-10-28: Brian Lee (Primetime in ECW) vs. Jim Powers

1993-01-04: Horace Boulder (Horace Hogan) vs. Louie Spicolli

1993-01-05: Scott Putski vs. Dusty Wolfe

1993-05-05: The Tazmaniac (ECW's Taz) vs. ???

1993-06-14: David Heath (Gangrel) vs. Kevin Krueger

1993-07-25: TNT (Savio Vega) vs. Reno Riggins

1993-07-26: Van Hammer vs. Virgil

1993-10-18: Sabu vs. Scott Taylor

1993-10-19: Sabu vs. Owen Hart

1994-02-21: Crash the Terminator (Hugh Morrus) vs. John Paul

1994-03-22: Perry Saturn vs. ???

1994-11-09: The Vampire (Gangrel) vs. ???

1995-02-20: Mike Unabomb (Kane) vs. ???

1995-06-05: Chris Benoit vs. Bob Holly

1995-06-06: Chris Benoit vs. Adam Bomb

1995-06-07: Chris Benoit vs. Owen Hart (Benoit didn't want to give up NJPW Tours)

1995-06-07: Erik Watts vs. Waylon Mercy

1995-12-19: The Arachnoids (Headbangers) vs. Samu & The Tahitan Warrior

How about this one. I saw this one on there several months back

WWF @ Greensboro, NC - Coliseum - July 29, 1989

Barry Horowitz pinned Ken Shamrock

Oh yeah- they were The Arachnoids for a spell in late '96. I want to say it was after their one-shot Sisters of Mercy gimmick and before The Headbangers (though it could have been both). I remember one of them had a surprisingly semi-competitive match against Sid during his brief WWF World title reign on Superstars. I remember they tried to pull off the old switcheroo trick that tag teams where both members of the team look like tend to do.

Edit- Ack! A quick check on wikipedia reveals that it was actually one of The Grimm Twins that had the semi-competitive match with Sid on an episode of Superstars. Was confusing my bald tag teams. But I do maintain that The Headbangers started out as The Spiders in the late Fall of '96.

Watching the Billy Graham DVD for the first time tonight and I'm checking out the extras.

I cracked up during one of Graham's interviews before his match with Putski for the WWE title.

Vince McMahon asks Graham if he will defend the title outside of the Northeast.

Graham says he will defend the title all over the world...Canada, Mexico, the United States, CALIFORNIA...

He then spots a photographer next to the ring apron.

"That man is from Japan. (to photographer) I will defend it in Japan!"

Was there a reason why Edge/Jericho didn't take place at Vengeance 2002? I know they announced on Smackdown that they would meet at the PPV and then Edge won the tag titles with Hogan so the match got changed to Edge/Hogan vs Christian/Storm for the titles and Jericho ended up jobbing to a green John Cena then we got the blowoff cage match between the two on a random Smackdown. I always found it wierd that during their 2 month feud, they didn't have a single PPV match.

I forgot. I didn't buy Edge's book so when I get back to the library, I'll read it again to get an answer for you if Edge gave one.

So I was watching the James Bond film, You Only Live Twice, and I didn't realize until now that the driver Sean Connery fights inside the Osato building is Peter Maivia!

Knowing the man love that the DVDVR guys have/had for the Hardys' OMEGA promotion... I found it interesting that they could've played the new generation of jobber roles if the WWF had continued with the jobbers into 1999/2000.

From 1996-1997 the following OMEGA wrestlers were featured on TV: Matt Hardy (Surge), Jeff Hardy (Willow The Whisp), Marty Garner (Cham Pain), Jason Ahrndt (Venom later Joey Abs... many argue he could've been the best of the group), and Steve Corino.

This makes me curious if we would've eventually seen Shane Helms (Kid Vicious), Shannon Moore (Kid Dynamo), or Helms' tag partner Mike Maverick.

Matt Hardy once said that Joey Abs could have easily been world champion if his demons didn't get him fired while he was doing the Mean Street Posse gimmick. I'm actually intrigued about his early stuff myself.

IIRC, it was Joey Abs (as Jason Arhndt or however it was spelled) who pinned Stone Cold Steve Austin in late '96 on an episode of Superstars. Austin was in a handicap match against two jobbers when British Bulldog ran in and leveled him for mocking the Harts (this was leading to the Bret feud for Survivor Series).