TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

WWF/E Tidbits from the past

I don't get it?

It's well known to the fans that the Rooster was Taylor.

It's pretty well known that Taylor isn't exactly happy that his legacy in wrestling was for a stupid gimmick he did for a couple years.

I have a question. I was just reading Mick Foley's last book, and he mentioned that Vince had heat with Terry Funk for no showing a PPV because his horse was sick. I've never heard that before and was wondering if someone knew more about it?

I have a question. I was just reading Mick Foley's last book, and he mentioned that Vince had heat with Terry Funk for no showing a PPV because his horse was sick. I've never heard that before and was wondering if someone knew more about it?

If I remember correctly, Vince was more ticked off that Funk gave such a bullshit excuse.

I don't get it?

It's well known to the fans that the Rooster was Taylor.

It's pretty well known that Taylor isn't exactly happy that his legacy in wrestling was for a stupid gimmick he did for a couple years.

Taylor was also a a-hole back stage

I picked up the 93-97 portion of the Rumble anthology today, and something odd I noticed was that they dubbed another theme over the Orient Express's theme at the 91 and 92 Rumbles, but kept it in for the Japanese guy in the 96 Rumble.

Also, Vader is wearing his singlet backwards.

I noticed that also, but I remember thinking that was the correct way (with "Vader Time" in the back) and being confused when he switched it for the first time.

I have a question about the I-C title tournament in 1996. Was Mero always the choice to win? I figured Faarooq was a slam-dunk to get the belt, coming off injuring mega-over Ahmed Johnson and costing him the belt, and then feuding with him over the belt as he came back. I was genuinely surprised to see Mero get the belt there, having been jobbed to Austin and Goldust over the previous months.

I almost wonder if Mero was promised an IC Title run as an incentive to jump from WCW. I thought he sort of made sense to win it...Sable was becoming pretty popular, and WWF needed another upper midcard face at the time.

Were Mero and Rena dating/married prior to his jump to WWE, or was this something that happened later?

They had been together for a few years by the time that they started with the company. I remember watching an old episode of WCW Saturday Night from 1994 and spotting her in the crowd during one of his matches.

Does anyone remember WHY Tim White was trying to kill himself in that angle on WWE.com? I just remember the segments where he unsuccessfully kept trying to kill himself over and over again, but I don't remember what set him off.

it was to put over how life changing and horrifying the Hell in a Cell was. His last match was the Jericho/HHH HIAC where he was injured. They interviewed him on TV leading up to I believer Orton/Taker and he "committed suicide" on TV. On WWE.com they revealed he missed and then it was comedy that he kept trying unsuccessfully, until I think the final payoff was when it was implied he killed Josh Matthews.

I have to resist the impulse to find and buy the WM 19 DVD after reading Vincent Verhei's F4W review:

went to check out the special features on the DVD and turned on the

Spanish commentary. It was quite interesting watching Austin wrestle

"La Roca." That just sounds wrong. WAIT. It just occurred to me that I

can listen to these guys when Hulk Hogan glommed Hugo Savinovich with

that chair. EVERYONE SIT TIGHT FOR A SECOND. This is already great.

Hulk just thwacked Vince with the chair and Hugo squealed "Ay! Mi

Madre!" All right, I have watched it, and THIS IS THE GREATEST

WRESTLEMANIA EVER. Hulk swung at Vince, Vince ducked and Hulk hit

Hugo. SPANG! Hugo said "Uhhnt!" and just went straight down. This left

Carlos Cabrera to scream "OH NO! OH NO!" He said said something about

his fallen amigo, then wailed loudly, like he was choking back tears.

"Hugo!" He was very concerned about his amigo Hugo's cabeza and what

Hogan and "Veence Mack Man" had done to him. I DUB THIS A SPECIAL

FEATURE AND COMMAND YOU ALL TO SEEK IT OUT AND WATCH.

I was appaled that the Ultimate Hogan anthology failed to have spanish commentary.

I am worse tonight because of this!

Ha! Watching one of the first Jeff Jarrett skits from when he came to the WWF in 1993, and Jacqueline/Miss Texas is also in the skit. By that time I am almost certain that I had seen her picture in the PWI 500, but I don't remember her being in any of those skits.

Both Hugo Savinovich and Carlos Cabrera rule at commentary. Do yourself a favor and check the spanish audio on PPVs once in a while.

Too bad I got a D in spanish class. I've always wondered how they cover angles involving the regular announcers. Like how do they sell the importance of Jim Ross getting beat up/fired to Latin America?

Were Mero and Rena dating/married prior to his jump to WWE, or was this something that happened later?

Marc and Sable got married in 1992 and had dated for a while before that. He adopted Sable's daughter from a previous marriage, Mariah. She is now 20. Marc and Sable separated in 2003 over tensions that came from Sable returning to WWE. Mero immediately filed for divorce after the separation, citing irreconcilable differences. He was furious at her decision to go back into wrestling. The divorce was finalized in 2004. During the separation, Sable became romantically involved with Brock Lesnar.

Bix offers:

WWF Global Warefare VHS:

The best part of that tape is the commentary for Steiners vs Money Inc. in Spain when they inexplicably cut to a crowd shot for several minutes. Great stuff with Heenan angry that they're staring at "the Ramon family" or something like that as Monsoon and Savage (I think) note that it's not the Ramon family's fault.

-------

Youtube NOW!

Heh- I own that tape. Yeah, one of the more bizarre moments I've seen in wrestling. Bixie ain't exaggerating- that crowd shot is about three or four minutes long and Heenan seems legit pissed.