TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest raptor

Reviews 5/1

Guest raptor

Ultimate Spider-Man #22 (Reflections of...): Bendis delivers a great companion to the incredible Spider-Man movie. Ultimate Spider-Man is kicking on all cylinders, and The Green Goblin will only make it better. ****/4

Alias #9 (Rick Jones Saga: The Conclusion): Kinda bleh. Another Bendis non-finish, and while I usually love his work this one was lacking. Alias is great, but this was a horid issue. *

Buffy The Vampie Slayer #44 (Death of Buffy Part II): Fuck the new episodes. The comics deliver on all levels. Humour, action, and enough touching scenes to make you vomit. Buy it. ****

The Ultimates #4 (Thunder): Now this is more like it. Millar has really hit his stride, and this is the greatest issue of the series' short run. We finally meet Ultimate Thor, and he's a huge prick. Plus, The Ultimates meet their first villain: The Incredible Hulk! Finally, it contains one of the most hilarious non-sequitors in recent memory: HULK WANT FREDDY PRINZE JR! ****

eXiles #13 (Another Rooster In The Henhouse Part II): A little lacking compared to recent issues, but good none the less. As expected, the eXiles/Weapon X association boils over into chaos. A team is betrayed, and a hero makes a huge sacrifice for the life of a child. ***1/2

Spider-Girl #47 (Gods and Monsters): Defalco's writing is really hit or miss, and so is this issue. Some good, such as the hero's interaction, and some bad, such as the laughable villain (a Skrull who doesn't shape-shift? Baaaaah!!). And let's hope Defalco kills off the annoying new Scarlet Spider. *

Ultimate X-Men #17 (World Tour Part II): I was against Millar doing an Ultimate Proteus. After all, I didn't think he could come close to Claremont's. I was wrong. His Proteus is violent and unrelenting. Nasty stuff, and a perfect fit.****

Uncanny X-Men #406 (X-Corps Part V): Average at best. Casey could have done something really special, but fell pray to the old X-Men standard, the dues ex machina. He could have left his mark, but left things unchanged. **

Spider-Man The Movie: haven't read it yet, but if it's faithful to the movie, it's ****.

Guest raptor

I'm back to finish this bee-yitch off.

Spider-Man: The Official Movie Adaption: Not as good as the movie, IMHO. That's only because Stan had less space to work in. It is *his* story, though, and Alan Davis' art is great. ****

Ultimate X-Men #1/2: It finally came. I ordered this bad boy in December, and it only arrived on 5/7. I really should stop trusting Wizard's 1/2 shipping. I didn't even get Spider-Girl. Oh... the story. Decent enough, plus it's Geoff John's first X-work. It is off special note to Ultimate X-Fans, as it hints at the identity of a new Magneto. ***1/2

The Marvel May Serials:

The Call of Duty Part I: The best I could come up with was "Meh." Not horrid by any means, but not neccesarily intresting. It's better than the other serial, though. **

Jay Leno and Spider Man: One Night Only! (Part I: Don't Forget To Tip Your Waitress): Bill Jemas' head should be paraded around on a pike for saying that Ron Zimmerman, and this serial in particular, is funny. It's crap-on-a-stick. I like Jay Leno. I'm a mark for Spider-Man. This could be funny, but it's not. All it is, is one long "Jay Leno's Chin Is Big Joke." But hey, free Spidey is free Spidey. 1/2*

Guest areacode212

Ron Zimmerman IS funny. Have you read the latest Tangled Web? It rocks, but you're right, why the hell is Jay Leno in my comic book?

Guest raptor
Ron Zimmerman IS funny. Have you read the latest Tangled Web? It rocks, but you're right, why the hell is Jay Leno in my comic book?

No, I haven't. Is that issue #13? I was going to pick up #14 (RAVEN!!!), so maybe I'll scrounge and pick it up. I try to give every author at least two chances. I just think there is a better way to introduce him to new readers.

Guest areacode212

Yep, it's issue #13. Maybe I'll do a quickie review of it here (along with my other purchases from the past few weeks) when I get home.