TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

"Sister Christian" isn't a very good song at all.

Liar.

That is quite possibly the best song to be running over people with in Vice City.

Hendrix is a fine guitarist. If you ask random people on the street who the best guitarist ever is, Hendrix is the name you'll hear more often than not. I can name several who were better than him, however. Thus, even though I have no problem with his excellent guitar work, I have to talk down on him a bit because of the tendency to be oversold. Unlike Zeppelin, Hendrix actually is quite good, and so is (or was, as the case may be) Eminem.

What the analogy doesn't address is the way Eminem tends to either get way too much credit or none at all.

"Sister Christian" isn't a very good song at all.

Liar.

That is quite possibly the best song to be running over people with in Vice City.

Liar. That honor goes to anything on Esperanto. On my MP3 station I like "Valerie" by Steve Winwood.

Baptized In Dirty Water lives up to it's distinction as a sequel. If you like MTA, you'll like it as well, but it's probably not going to provide any new insight. I pretty much look at them as a double album, with BIDW being slightly worse due to the remixes and such. I think that's fair considering how quick he put it out, and that he acknowledged it as a direct sequel.

His work with Crooked Lettaz is probably better technically, but Grey Skies isn't put together as well as either MTA. He'd be better off putting more effort into Crooked Lettaz, but he probably won't. He's basically a one trick pony as yet, which is ok for an album or two... but unless he shows some inovation next time out, I'm writing him off.

377-001.jpg

This is one of my absolute favorite album covers. I didn't include it in my top 10 thread recently as it's not really a standalone, it kind of requires you to know who Mike and Rich are (U-Ziq and Aphex Twin, for the uninformed).

Oh hey, Thumbtack, you'd like this album. My thoughts on the Twin are well established here, and U-Ziq is, while not on his level, quite phenominal in his own right. This album is them goofing off and being funny. Expert Knob Twiddlers.

I'll be the only one posting in this thread...

Today I received my purchase of Bertrand Burgalat's The SSSound of MMMusic. On the cover was a sticker quoting The Face magazine as describing the album (he's French, by the way) as, among other things, "Euroclass". Isn't The Face a European magazine? That makes it seem a rather presumptuous thing to say.

The album itself was very nice, as long as I'm commenting. Very cool relaxed synths and strings, accompanied by the occasional vocal, with a dip into the more thought provoking electronic styles in the center of the album. French is the ideal language for vocals in such a smooth, laid back setting.

Guest Fire and Knives

Destruction by Definition is the only punk rock album I still like. Songs like Hey! gain a lot from the horns that disappear elsewhere on the album when they decide to just rock out on Punk Out and then come back in for a song about Vans. The punk/ska line is blurred just enough to create the illusion of variety, which makes the album a lot more palatable than a lot of the Pennywise-esque Epitaph crap that I used to be really enamored of.

Soundtrack to my high school years, bless it much & thank you. I miss this shit.

Last night I witnessed one of the more hilarious moments in music while watching the Billboard Awards.

Evanescence played "My Immortal", and things were going pretty well with just Amy Lee and the string section. The second the rest of the band was brought into the fray, the song FELL APART. They were out of tune, the sound was horrible, and the song went to hell. What I found hilarious about this was the fact that the cameras kept doing close-ups of Amy, wose facial expressions went from "what the fuck?" to pissed off to sheer embarassment. God bless FOX.

Guest Vitamin X
Last night I witnessed one of the more hilarious moments in music while watching the Billboard Awards.

Evanescence played "My Immortal", and things were going pretty well with just Amy Lee and the string section. The second the rest of the band was brought into the fray, the song FELL APART. They were out of tune, the sound was horrible, and the song went to hell. What I found hilarious about this was the fact that the cameras kept doing close-ups of Amy, wose facial expressions went from "what the fuck?" to pissed off to sheer embarassment. God bless FOX.

Poor Amy. She deserves so much better than that shitty excuse for a band made up of hired studio musicians. Is it like in the contract with Wind-Up or something that she can't go solo? Some people may see it as a huge risk, but I just don't see it. She would be so much better on her own. I'm not even sure she writes the music itself, per se, although I'm sure she has input on the vocals and she obviously writes the lyrics.

The band sounds decent in only 3 songs I've heard, only one of which is on Fallen: "Lies", "Whisper", and "Farther Away".

I'd rather listen to the End of Heartache than Soundtrack to Your Escape any day.

Reroute to Remain, on the other hand, was really good. Lots of good stuff on there. They completely shit out on Soundtrack.

Have you listened to the new Shadows Fall CD yet? Not impressed at all.

I've heard What Drives the Weak. It's meh. But then again Shadows Fall has always been either meh or boring to me.

This is all I've been listening to lately:

- Dillinger Escape Plan

- New Japan Pro Wrestling Theme Music

- New Order's "Bizarre Love Triangle"

- Paris Hilton's "Screwed"

- Victoria Beckham's CD on the IDRM recommendation

- The Mad Capsule Markets

Thassit, really.

I got Devo's cover of Satisfaction stuck in my head, which is bizarre since I haven't heard it in six months.

Christian music is getting way too huge, three or four Christian acts have played the arena here (And this is Maine, not exactly die hard Christian country). I had a classmate who was in a local Christian band that played gigs in New Hampshire and in fucking Quebec (Which is like six hours from here). I don't mind Christian music, little creepy but it's getting way too huge. Soon it's going to invade every secular radio station (Christian hip hop is on the horizon)

Why would you listen to anything from In Flames after 2001 or so anyway.

Like I said, I liked Reroute, hated Soundtrack. If their next album sucks (I'm banking on such), I cut them off and weep upon my copy of Whoracle.