TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

OK, so 311 never really made it over to England, but fuck, they're still a joke over here.

'Who supported [x] band last nite then?'

'Ha, get this, 311!'

'No way! Again?! They're still around?!' etc.

311 are really huge around here and have been since lik 1998, they sold out a 10,000 seat minor league ballpark here back when they were playing theaters everywhere else. I don't get it.....at all. They're one of those bands, that while I think they suck, they're just too bland for me to actively hate them (like Jet, Good Charlotte, etc). Like Plagirism said, they're just one of those bands that seems like a constant opening act.

EDIT: Forgot to tell you about a weird story. I woke up at 3 AM in the middle of the night and on the radio, they were playing a Doors album track called When The Music's Over. That was one of the creepiest songs I've ever heard in the middle of the night. Damn that Jim Morrison.

The more I listen to "We're A Happy Family:A Tribute To Ramones", the more I come to appreciate it. The Chili Peppers' "Havana Affair" is better than most of their last album, Eddie Vedder/Zeke's "I Believe In Miracles" is fun, Pete Yorn's "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" is surprisingly good, maybe the best song on it and the Tom Waits finale is tremendous. That said, there is still some utter shit on it, especially the sickening, limp-wristed effort by U2 to "rock out" on "Beat On The Brat"

Yeah, I don't have the album but why is motherfucking KISS on that album? And this coming from a guy who one of his biggest guilty pleasures is KISS. The Ramones and punk rock were really going against what bands like KISS stood for.

I read a review of it that said it was only released an easy way of finishing her record deal. Bands do that all the time.

I find it creepy that she's 17 and she goes out with a 26 year old, not just a regular 26 year old but the dude from Good Charlotte. That just creeps me out for some reason.

There's a Sublime tribute band playing a 2000 seat theater a couple of minutes away from my house. A. Who the fuck would form a Sublime tribute band? (Don't they only have a handful of albums). B. What concert promoter thinks that he could sell out (or even get a decent crowd) at a 2000 seat theater with a Sublime tribute band?

I have a ticket for Pearl Jam at the Gorge on September 1st.  :)

So, how'd you like the show? I downloaded the show, and I'm 1/2 way through & loving it. So, so jealous.

Dont be...I had a long couple weeks previous, my dad died and my town was hit by a tornado. I lacked the money or energy afterwards to travel halfway across the country to see Pearl Jam. :(

But my brother still went, and I gave a mutual friend (theyre stationed together at Ft Lewis) my ticket. They report a very good show.

Im jealous.

Guest bort

I went to the System concert the other day, was almost right that the stage....maybe 5 people in front of me for most of the show...The pit started getting going around the 3rd song of the mars volta set....The Intermission between The Volta and System was like 35...40 minutes, the floor was packed....System played all there big songs cept for Boom....sounded really good to me, did a little crowd surfing...lots of fun

Guest BrokenWings

Pearl Jam was amazing last night in Edmonton. They played a ton of songs I wanted to hear. I have tickets for both the show in Saskatoon ("This might be a dumb question, but do they have power in Saskatoon? ... We might have to play unplugged, then.) as well as the one in Thunder Bay, so the only song I'm really hoping to hear after this show is Black.

Here's the setlist:

set: Release, Go, Save You, Spin The Black Circle, Nothing As It Seems, Daughter/(Dream Baby Dream), Even Flow, Better Man, I Am Mine, Grievance, Elderly Woman..., Sad, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Wishlist, Animal, Do The Evolution

first encore: Love Boat Captain, Crazy Mary, Jeremy, Porch

second encore: Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter

The three song transition from Even Flow to Better Man to I Am Mine may as well have been called "Karoke Night With Pearl Jam" as it had every person in the building singing along.

They did an eight minute rendition of Crazy Mary with Boom and Mike trading off solos for about three minutes.

Just...incredible. And, basing off fans who've posted their numbers in the ten club members site, I should be around 4th row in Saskatoon, and first row in Thunder Bay.

Journey was an awesome concert a few weeks ago, playing all their classic hits. Undoubtably Neil Schoen was amazing to see live, and he definitly holds back on the guitar for some of the songs.

and Quality came out in 2002.

Yeah, it came out in late 2002. I bought it in 2003 which probably why I said that.

Blood In My Eye?  We're kidding, right?

I thought it was good. My only problem was Ja taking shots at 50 Cent and Eminem in every song. One or two songs it's alright, but the whole album it's like icon2.gif

Yes... yes it is. I don't like it, but even I have to admit it was a great album.

The rap released between 87 and 91 was the best musical output from any genre in any five year period.

I don't like 50, but GRODT was a good album.

I prefer cheers though. Obie Trice is 10x the rapper 50 is.

You forgot to add Twiztid's Green Book to that list.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Yes... yes it is. I don't like it, but even I have to admit it was a great album.

The rap released between 87 and 91 was the best musical output from any genre in any five year period.

I'll argue rock 67-72 if you feel like it.

I don't know how to argue that other then an emphatic "No." AoO's rock comparison seems more true.

I don't know how anyone can believe what Milky said, himself included. That period of time was the greatest for rap in terms of the quality of music being produced, but mid/late 60s-early 70s of rock has done so much more for music as whole. Rock music from that era helped lay the groundwork for all that would follow. The "Golden Era" of rap that Milky was suggesting—which inarguably saw the release of a number of classic hip hop albums—outside of gangster rap, holds relatively little sway over the music scene today.