TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Wouldn't it properly be the other way around? And I thought that from the first time I heard the song, and always thought it was a conscious choice on the part of that fat guy who OD'd to play on a pretty famous vocal melody line.

I saw B.B. King last night for the first time and he was pretty good. Did a LOT of rambling but that's kind of understandable since he is an 81 year old man but when he did play, he was damn good.

Only annoying part was the middle aged woman behind me who was friends with the opener ( a really meh blues band comprised of middle aged white guys) and kept complaining about how various old pop stars refused to give her autographs.

Jesus and Mary Chain are on Letterman tonight.

He stripped his shirt off and tossed it into the audience near the end of the encore, and two teenagers girls absolutely tore the fuck into each other fighting over it for a good five minutes before the security guard seperated them and awarded the shirt to the smaller of the two.

Also notable was the fact that the girl who ended up with the shirt was the same who jumped on my back, hugging me and yelling "I love you!" during Everyday Is Like Sunday. She was drunk.

I love Moz gigs. I looked like such a fascist when I was screaming along to 'National Front Disco' clutching the crest around my neck. It's just a pendant that says 'Aloha Hawaii' but from a distance it probably looks like a militant nationalist symbol.

I was at a Five Guys earlier; whatever radio station they had it tuned to was playing the Traveling Wilburys' "Handle with Care." So there I was grooving along, having a grand ol' time, waiting for my burger and fries, only to have the moment ruined when the dj came on and said "That was Tom Petty & the Hearbreakers doing 'Handle with Care.'" If I had known what the hell station it was, I'd have called them up and given them what for.

I probably won't go and see Morrissey again. Three appearances in almost as many years. He's not even trying to play hard to get anymore, the whore.

I was at a Five Guys earlier; whatever radio station they had it tuned to was playing the Traveling Wilburys' "Handle with Care." So there I was grooving along, having a grand ol' time, waiting for my burger and fries, only to have the moment ruined when the dj came on and said "That was Tom Petty & the Hearbreakers doing 'Handle with Care.'" If I had known what the hell station it was, I'd have called them up and given them what for.

Oh man... I could possibly understand mistaking "End of the Line" for a Petty song, but he barely sings on "Handle With Care"

Finally going to get to see Buddy Guy live in July. It's about time I get to see a Blues legends and one of the best guitar players in American music history.

Also They Might Be Giants not only still exist, they are touring. Who knew?

I was raging at that guy's idiocy.

Petty & The Heartbreakers did a live cover of the song at The Concert for George, so that might've been it. Although my cd says Lynne was on the track too.

I was raging at that guy's idiocy.

Petty & The Heartbreakers did a live cover of the song at The Concert for George, so that might've been it. Although my cd says Lynne was on the track too.

That wasn't it; I know Roy Orbison when I hear him.

Adult Swim has a new free album/mixtape of indie rock. Has stuff from Broken Social Scene, Jesu, TV On The Radio, The Ravonettes, Fennesz, Liars, Asobi Seksu, and some others.

I STRONGLY prefer Twin Cinema to Mass Romantic and Electric Version.

I'm not 100% feeling this song you linked.

Guest George's Box
Was that off Johnny's most recent record?

No, it was just in the big Radiohead scrap heap o' stuff that they sample from. Probably just a rehearsal or something.

I STRONGLY prefer Twin Cinema to Mass Romantic and Electric Version.

I'm sure I've said this before, but the run of the first eight songs on Twin Cinema were Album of the Year quality; unfortunately, the next six songs happened. Granted, I like "Star Bodies," but that still leaves five tracks of mediocrity dragging down the end.