TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Don't bring FF into this shit. Fear Factory were fucking great before Digimortal. Soul of a New Machine is a classic album, and Demanufacture is the archetype for all industrial/cyber metal following it (I actually like the term "cyber metal" for it rather than "industrial metal," seeing as how it's not that dance-able, outside of the techno remixes, but still has a machine-like feel to it). Obsolete is pretty tight, and even Archetype is really good. Digimortal, though, sucks a donkey cock. I don't even remember what their last album was called...so yeah...

Everything about this paragraph is correct.

My friend (who is embarassingly 5 years older than me) has the Coal Chamber logo tattooed on his wrist. He's not particually proud of it these days.

The awkward smiley-faced thing? That logo was actually not too bad for what it was designed to be (a mallgoth band). But yeah...why would you get a band's logo inked onto you when the band itself probably doesn't have a whole hell of a lot of lasting power? I can see people getting the third eye done (Tool's sorta-logo; half of my friends have it, including my girlfriend), the Crimson Ghost (considering that the Misfits are legendary, and you see the logo everywhere), even the fucking Sepultribe S...but a smiley face drawn by a 14-year-old after smoking a bad jibb? The fuck...?

I don't dare get a music-related tattoo. I know a guy who has a Rocket From the Crypt one, who I like, but it turns out he never even got round to seeing them live. I did. What a douche.

The awkward smiley-faced thing? That logo was actually not too bad for what it was designed to be (a mallgoth band). But yeah...why would you get a band's logo inked onto you when the band itself probably doesn't have a whole hell of a lot of lasting power? I can see people getting the third eye done (Tool's sorta-logo; half of my friends have it, including my girlfriend), the Crimson Ghost (considering that the Misfits are legendary, and you see the logo everywhere), even the fucking Sepultribe S...but a smiley face drawn by a 14-year-old after smoking a bad jibb? The fuck...?

To make matters worse, if I remember correctly, he got it because he was excited about the 2nd album coming out. Only to find out, when the album came out, that is was pure shit.

Someone I used to work with (i'm not calling him a friend as he's a moron) got the heartagram logo tattooed on the inside of his wrist during the hight of Viva La Bam on MTV. What a prick.

Haven't. I detest the bulk (about 90%) of Danzig's solo work. Besides...I've seen the modern Misfits lineup (Jerry Only, Dez Cadena, and Robo), so that's sorta the same due to Robo.

Also, the Heartagram is a HIM thing that Bam Margera sorta adopted unto his own. Shit, HIM wouldn't even have a States-side career if not for the spoiled prick.

Also, the Heartagram is a HIM thing that Bam Margera sorta adopted unto his own. Shit, HIM wouldn't even have a career anywhere outside of Finland if not for the spoiled prick.

Edited for truth. Which is probably why they like him so much.

This definately doesn't deserve a thread, but it could be good news:

50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."

Read the rest here: http://ca.music.yahoo.com/read/news/25166775

I heard Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons cover of "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right".... I like Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons and I love Bob Dylan, but those two do not go together at all as one would probably expect.

50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."

Didn't 50 Cent already release a single or 2 from his upcoming album that have gotten no interest and gone nowhere and that's why they kept pushing back the release date?

Don't bring FF into this shit. Fear Factory were fucking great before Digimortal. Soul of a New Machine is a classic album, and Demanufacture is the archetype for all industrial/cyber metal following it (I actually like the term "cyber metal" for it rather than "industrial metal," seeing as how it's not that dance-able, outside of the techno remixes, but still has a machine-like feel to it). Obsolete is pretty tight, and even Archetype is really good. Digimortal, though, sucks a donkey cock. I don't even remember what their last album was called...so yeah...

Their last album was Transgressions. It was decent, with maybe two or three good songs on it.

I know two different people that have all that HIM shit tattooed around their hips. Idiots.

Didn't 50 Cent already release a single or 2 from his upcoming album that have gotten no interest and gone nowhere and that's why they kept pushing back the release date?

Apparently the new thing is that a video leaked for one of his songs that was due in October. 50 got pissed and smashed some stuff and now isn't talking to his label Interscope. He thinks it was an inside job.

As for Kayne, I think Ja Rule and company should buy as many albums as possible, to you know, support Kanye!

I accept my culpability in this. I'd say you all should do the same, though I doubt any of us these days are interested in actual discussion. Lately, I spend more time with a book than I do with music. So that's my excuse.

This is an obscure one, and I likely won't get helped, but I'll throw it out there. On Patton Oswalt's new album Werewolves and Lollipops there's a bit about him idolizing really crazy, screwed up musicians, and he mentions Roky Erickson and GG Allin, who I know, and one other person. I can't even really understand what he's saying. It sounds like Hazzel Atkins, but I have no idea who that is and it gives me no search results, so that's likely not it. Any idea?

This is an obscure one, and I likely won't get helped, but I'll throw it out there. On Patton Oswalt's new album Werewolves and Lollipops there's a bit about him idolizing really crazy, screwed up musicians, and he mentions Roky Erickson and GG Allin, who I know, and one other person. I can't even really understand what he's saying. It sounds like Hazzel Atkins, but I have no idea who that is and it gives me no search results, so that's likely not it. Any idea?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasil_Adkins

Hey, it's not just me. I have multiple friends who are the same as me and they had no idea about it either. We'll get to know each other, researching this man.

Ok, time to add another to the list of musicians I've cried over. Last night I got pretty drunk and wept over Madonna. So it's Andrew WK, the Cure, Spice Girls... Madonna. I just want to gaybash myself.

One of the bands that opened for the Murder Junkies sounded like, I swear, Lil Jon fronting the Misfits. Once I said it out loud, everybody was like "Yes, that's exactly it." It was an interesting sound. The guy said "YEAH-UH!" a lot.