TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

The more I listen to 'em, the more I'm convinced Acid Bath just may be the greatest band of the last 20 years. I owe Agent a 30 for getting me into them.

Also, the new Exodus album is amazing. Not even by just thrash metal standards, it's just GREAT. They've had a kick in the balls since returning, and have gotten even better when Souza left and was replaced by Rob Duke.

Uh oh. Rolling Stone is now paying attention to Mac Lethal.

Oh shit.

Is the new Dillenger Escape Plan album any good?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Heard a bit of it this morning. I got the impression that if you like their other stuff, you'll like this.

Lot of borrowing from Mike Patton on the vocal lines, though. The album art and liner notes are fucking retarded, though. Waste of paper.

Is there any reason that Soulseek - or any downloading program for that matter - just will not work for me? I have been attempting to download Horses for the past hour and only Gloria has completed so far.

So Kevin DuBrow, the lead singer of Quiet Riot, died. That's kind of surprising since he looked to be in pretty good shape on all of those VH1 specials then again he did probably do a lot of drugs in the 80s.

Wow, I just found out that the Stooges released their first album since 1973's Raw Power earlier this year. This must sound awful, I should probably find my copy of "Fun House" and listen to that.

Wow, I just found out that the Stooges released their first album since 1973's Raw Power earlier this year. This must sound awful, I should probably find my copy of "Fun House" and listen to that.

It does sound awful.

You know, it's funny. Two days ago at my highschool reunion, I was telling some friends about how Kevin Dubrow has a reputation for being an asshole. Now he's dead. That out of the way, let's get the lame jokes out of the way:

This Riot just got a lot Quieter.

I know I'm probably the only person who likes the Killers, let alone stand them, but I think it's pretty cool that not only do they release a Christmas song every year for charity, but it's always sort of good for a christmas song.

I know I'm probably the only person who likes the Killers, let alone stand them, but I think it's pretty cool that not only do they release a Christmas song every year for charity, but it's always sort of good for a christmas song.

I really wish they hadn't ruined Joy Division's "Shadowplay". That out of the way, their new B-Sides album, horrible album art aside, is hit and miss, though the hits are effective enough.

I personally feel like a lot of the songs have great parts but are weak all around. I love the very beginning of "Show You How" and then it kind of falls apart, and I love the end of Daddy's Eyes but it's kind of a creepy song.

The only song that's not a rehash that I really enjoy is "Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf"... but some of the songs that have been around before are still good.

I like a few songs off of their first album. Haven't really heard anything else. I assume that I'd really hate it.

Random band reunion; The Verve Pipe

Is it just me or have there been a ton of unneccessary and uncalled for band reunions this year? I mean who was really clamoring for The Verve Pipe and Blind Melon to reunite?

Blind Melon reunited?

Speaking of the Verve Pipe, I kind of enjoyed the song "Hero" that they released for a short time in the late 90's, but holy God did "Freshmen" get played to death. I like it a little more now because I only hear it once every month or so, but damn.

Yeah, Blind Melon reunited a couple months ago they're releasing a new album next year too apparently. I mean, really, what's the point? The only thing memorable about the band is the Bee Girl and the fact that their lead singer died.

No, they were actually good, but without dead guy, they might not be.

I didn't say they were bad just kind of forgotten for a band whose lead singer died.

They have some songs with the new singer on MySpace; www.myspace.com/blindmelon

Incidentally, "Don't Cry" my favorite Guns 'N' Roses song.