TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Some exceptions: Ben Folds' "Bitches Ain't Shit" cover... it's so absurd it's almost Weird Al-esque...

i really like this cover. he clearly worked hard on it. the g-funk synthesizer really clinches it for me.

This is the lineup for Paid Dues in San Bernadino, Mar22. Californians are lucky people.

Sage Francis, Little Brother, Dilated Peoples, Jedi Mind Tricks, POS, Mac Lethal, Kool Keith, Heiroglyphics, Living Legends, Murs, Visionairies, A Team, Fatlip & Omni, Isaiah, Yak Ballz, B Dolan.

Man, only $35.

Eric Clapton & JJ Cale - Road to Escondido

You guys should really listen to that. Masterful guitar. Nothing flashy, nothing innovative, just two old men who've been playing the instrument most of their lives giving it their best.

I mean, Clapton, I like his real early Cream stuff... fuck that sad period when he was singing about his father and his dead son. JJ Cale was always totally good. Not as well known, unfortunately.

At the very least listen to the song "Danger". Man, that is so guitar.

Excellent album. I get 'Last Will and Testament' stuck in my head intermittently. And the languid guitar on 'Hard to Thrill' has always been a favourite of mine.

This is the lineup for Paid Dues in San Bernadino, Mar22. Californians are lucky people.

Sage Francis, Little Brother, Dilated Peoples, Jedi Mind Tricks, POS, Mac Lethal, Kool Keith, Heiroglyphics, Living Legends, Murs, Visionairies, A Team, Fatlip & Omni, Isaiah, Yak Ballz, B Dolan.

Man, only $35.

That's actually pretty terrible.

BUT WHAT'LL HAPPEN TO VELVET REVOLVER?

And with them, Smashing Pumpkins, RATM, and Alice in Chains all reuniting with in the past year or two, I have to wonder which 90s band will reunite next. My money's on Soundgarden. Does Chris Cornell (or the other guys for that matter) have anything better to do?

STP reuniting is awesome. Hopefully try to catch them this year if they tour if tickets dont sell out or Weiland gets busted for drugs.

What's next? Jane's Addiction?

Even though it would be kind of pointless... now that Twiggy is back, the kid in me would enjoy a classic era Marilyn Manson reunion. That being: Marilyn, Twiggy, Pogo, Ginger and Daisy.

Soundgarden's actually a really good bet, though.

Man, only $35.

That's actually pretty terrible.

Concur. I don't think I could handle that much indie rap/boring rhythmless guys/white guys with big beards at once. Most of those guys are the epitome of an "I'm the unique opener for someone much better" artist on my scale.

Well Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "retirement" lasted about one summer cause they're going back on the road for a huge tour this summer with Steve Winwood as opener. I'm going to try my damndest to see The Boston show cause Petty's been near the top of my "To See" list for a long, long time.

Dates

And with them, Smashing Pumpkins, RATM, and Alice in Chains all reuniting with in the past year or two, I have to wonder which 90s band will reunite next.

Nirvana.

Hey if Alice In Chains reunited without Layne Staley and if The Smashing Pumpkins reunited with no original members except Corgan and the drummer then Nirvana wouldn't be out of the realm.

Of course with the Foo Fighters being so successful, Grohl probably wouldn't join but they could have Krist Novoselic, one of the guys who drummed before Grohl joined the band, Pat Smear, and the guy from Fuel on vocals!

Ignore Sage Francis. His ego will insist he go on last anyway. Kool Keith, Jedi Mind Tricks, Mac Lethal, POS, Dilated Peoples, Living Legends, and Murs make that lineup well worth $35.