TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor have broken up.

Eh, I knew it couldn't last.

Guest Blue Man Czech
I did really enjoyed that performance though. Although of course, it is pretty sad.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4c7hf_kw...-ali_shortfilms

I did really thought that was tacky. You can shave a message into your hair, or you can have a big-ass projection of a woman dressed as an angel, but you can't have both! One or the other! Pick a bad taste lane and go with it.

I think Amy's five grammys is a new gold standard of the music industry rewarding bad behavior.

I'm glad, though. I just hope she burns out and ods while she's still on top. Go Team Ledger!

Wouldn't want her to turn into Lauryn Hill or something. I haven't listened to her albums in a long time. I should do that.

Are Om any good? Just asking, since I've heard some good stuff about them.

You know who deserves more love? Cocteau Twins.

One time I was all fucked up and I was on instant messenger, and I was going on and on about the Cocteau Twins to Kotzenjunge.

I remember this because the next day I was like "Cocteau Twins? What was I on?"

I did that one other time to a friend of mine, except it was about Lady Sovereign. He maintains to this day that my inebriated ramble about Lady Sovereign is one of the top five funniest things he's ever seen.

The Dillinger Escape Plan is about to perform on Conan. Odd.

I skipped a few pages in this thread (that I assume neglected your contribution) just to ask... did you see it, and how if you did- how were they?

I thought "Awaken" was one of the weaker songs, actually. I mean it wasn't as skip-worthy as Face Fisted, but I didn't get nearly as much pleasure out of that as I did GITW and Bloodrocuted, or even stuff like the Viking Trilogy, or anything on the bonus disc.

"Awaken" was probably the most violent part of the show when I saw them live, that might have had something do with it. It was during that song that I fucked up my hip.

Problem with GITW was I think they slowed it down from the version that was on the show, and I preferred the old version.

But still, I don't skip any songs on there.

I suppose my least favorite is "Go Forth and Die". I like the lyrics, but the song seems a little too plodding.

I didn't notice any slowing down of GITW, and I love the song's hook. Maybe I'd appreciate Awaken more if I'd seen them live, but they didn't come here.

For funsies, the songs in order of preference:

1. Bloodrocuted

2. Go Into the Water

3. Murdertrain a Comin'

4. Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle

5. Murmaider

6. Thunderhorse

7. The Lost Vikings

8. Better Metal Snake

9. Awaken

10. Hatredcopter

11. Detharmonic

12. Briefcase Full Of Guts

13. Castratikron

14. Kill You

15. Hatredy

16. Fan Song

17. Go Forth and Die

18. Blood Ocean

19. Birthday Dethday

20. Face Fisted

I just compared my DVD to my CD...If the CD version is slower, it's not by a whole lot (like, not as much as some of the other tracks). That doesn't change the fact that it's one of my favorite songs, period. So fucking epic.

Also, WTF is Blood Ocean doing so far down on your list, Ravenbomb? For shame.

Furthermore, Milky, I have to ask, what was the show like? Was it just Brendon Small and guys backing him up, or did they have like, video walls and shit?

Are Om any good? Just asking, since I've heard some good stuff about them.

I'm a fan.

But my taste in music is questionable at best, so maybe that's not a ringing endorsement.

Their newest album is reminiscent of Pink Floyd, particularly the title track & it's reprise.

I know of a blog that has the first two albums available for download if you want to check them out without investing in a purchase.

I just compared my DVD to my CD...If the CD version is slower, it's not by a whole lot (like, not as much as some of the other tracks). That doesn't change the fact that it's one of my favorite songs, period. So fucking epic.

Also, WTF is Blood Ocean doing so far down on your list, Ravenbomb? For shame.

Furthermore, Milky, I have to ask, what was the show like? Was it just Brendon Small and guys backing him up, or did they have like, video walls and shit?

It's not because I don't like the song. The only song I don't like is Face Fisted. Blood Ocean just didn't stand out to me.

Fairly low tech. They had a screen behind them which showed videos of the songs as they played them, and some original content of the band talking and what not while the real musicians took their breaks. It was insane as far as energy level, though.

Word was that this was a test run to gauge interest, so we might be seeing a big budget full scale tour at some point, because interest was off the charts. A line down the street and around the block, people were waiting out there all day. I was lucky enough to be right in the pit in front of the stage, but there were massive crowds outside the building watching on monitors, too. I know of a couple people who flew in from another state to see it. And everybody totally shit on everything that wasn't Dethklok, which was awesome. The opening band blew anyway.

So yeah... I think the perfect real band to headline with Dethklok on a full scale tour is definitely Cannibal Corpse.

It's only after repeated listens that I'm realizing exactly why The Stage Names by Okkervil River was so highly ranked on all of the year end lists. I always sorta really liked the first two tracks and I guess I just never gave the rest of it the proper due. It's a really, REALLY good album.

What does everyone else think?

I'm already well aware that I am the music folder thread killer but someone has to have an opinion on Okkervil River. Every indie publication/blog/what-have-you gushed all over this when it came out.

And just to make a salient point for this bump - I've had "Ready for the Floor" by Hot Chip stuck in my head for a few days now.

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Okkervil River is okay. That's all.

I've been avoiding Hot Chip.