TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

I've been listening to a lot of Shoegazer and Dream Pop lately.

Do you have any recommendations there? I've been looking into getting into that more.

Do you have any recommendations there? I've been looking into getting into that more.

My Bloody Valentine-Loveless and Isn't Anything

Ride-Nowhere and Going Blank Again

Cocteau Twins-Treasure and Heaven or Las Vegas

Lush-Spooky and Split

Slowdive-Just For a Day and Souvlaki

Chapterhouse-Whirlpool

Starflyer 59-Gold

Alcest-Souvenirs d'Un Autre Monde

Jesu-Jesu, Silver, Conqueror, and Lifeline

Catherine Wheel-Ferment and Chrome

The Verve-A Storm in Heaven

Astrobrite-8 Candy EP

Everybody's favorite new band (!) is releasing their debut record in July.

45957.blackkids_image10.jpg

Two new songs early April.

Whatever - I'm looking forward to it despite the fact that I think I hate every single thing about the lead singer. Look at that face. My god. Show some respect for yourself.

The dude in the purple shirt and his sister are the main singers. Coincidentally, they are the two black kids.

I was talking about the guy though.

Guest Beastalentier

Black Kids are worthless. "You are the girl that I've been dreaming of ever since I was a little girl" is a brilliant characterization of gender confusion? Moz could write that in his sleep. I want to hit Reggie Youngblood in the face with an iron skillet.

Black Kids are worthless. "You are the girl that I've been dreaming of ever since I was a little girl" is a brilliant characterization of gender confusion? Moz could write that in his sleep. I want to hit Reggie Youngblood in the face with an iron skillet.

And the girls in the band aren't even cute! Epic fail.

Jeff Healey died. He was quite famous for being a very talented blind guitarist. Also appeared in 'Road House' -_-.

Shame, especially at 41 years of age. He can join Stevie Ray Vaughn and both of them can trade some solos together.

Guest Beastalentier

And the girls in the band aren't even cute! Epic fail.

up-operator_please_lrg.jpg

Didn't realize that one of the members of Playa died recently. Link

Pretty much the only song that got any play, but he did produce quite a few hits.

He's a pretty cool guy in person, but yeah, his band blows. I hope these guys make the most of the sure to be fleeting attention they're receiving, though, as I've said elsewhere, I don't think they deserve it.

I like "Special", "Am I Wry, No?", and "She Came Home for Christmas". The rest is pretty much background music for me.

Anybody have any thoughts on Apes & Androids or We Are Scientists? I'm really liking a few of the cuts on Blood Moon , the Apes & Androids album, with "Nights of the Week" being the major highlight. We Are Scientists new CD just came out and I'm about half way through... so far it's playing out like the Stereogum review... some definite highlights and some headscratchingly bad songs. But their debut had some really fun songs on it..."Lousy Reputation" comes to mind. I've been a fan ever since I saw them open for Hot Hot Heat (fuck you! I like Hot Hot Heat).

At the Gates announced that Darkest Hour and Municipal Waste are opening for them on their North American reunion tour this summer. Now that sounds awesome.

Is Precambrian by The Ocean any good? I've been thinking about getting it.