TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

According to Wiki, the setlist is:

"Aces High" (From Powerslave, 1984)

"2 Minutes to Midnight" (From Powerslave, 1984)

"Revelations" (From Piece of Mind, 1983)

"The Trooper" (From Piece of Mind, 1983)

"Wasted Years" (From Somewhere in Time, 1986)

"The Number of The Beast" (From The Number of the Beast, 1982)

"Can I Play with Madness" (From Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)

"Rime of the Ancient Mariner" (From Powerslave, 1984)

"Powerslave" (From Powerslave, 1984)

"Heaven Can Wait" (From Somewhere in Time, 1986)

"Run to the Hills" (From The Number of the Beast, 1982)

"Fear of The Dark" (From Fear of The Dark, 1992)

"Iron Maiden" (From Iron Maiden, 1980)

"Moonchild" (From Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)

"The Clairvoyant" (From Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)

"Hallowed Be Thy Name" (From The Number of the Beast, 1982)

Absolutely amazing set, I can't wait until June.

I can't wait until they do a tour with a setlist spanning ALL of the albums. Like, their 2 favorite songs per album. Be a long fucking show, but worth every penny.

I'm often overwhelmed by the urge to type out the lyrics of whatever I'm listening to at the time. Typically in all caps. Is this a threadworthy idea or a comment that doesn't warrant a thread? Only time will tell. In the meantime...

I CAN'T WAIT TO FEEL YOUR LOVE TONIGHT!

(I can't wait...to feel your loving tonight)

I CAN'T WAIT TO FEEL YOUR LOVE TONIGHT!

I d/led the Thin Lizzy album Jailbreak a few weeks ago. It was disappointingly short on brain-rattling rock shit. It doesn't even have the most rocking song about a jailbreak: 10cc claims that with the highly-recommended "Rubber Bullets." The title track is a fine tune, though, and "The Boys are Back in Town" is a quality song, despite being played the fuck out on classic rock and oldies radio.

COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON NOW TOUCH ME BABE! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I AM NOT AFRAID! WHAT WAS THAT PROMISE THAT YOU MADE!

The fuck is this doing on my computer?

The sheer force of Van Halen's cover of "You Really Got Me" makes me wonder about my direction in life before today. What did I think I was doing?

I have been awake for three days now. I've been drinking cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon and listening to Van Halen and message boarding all day today. I'm going to Seattle on Thursday to visit my family (excepting my brother, who's in Iraq). I talked to them on the phone today and was too drunk to affect anything other than my normal social persona, which is just a whirlwind of irreverence and self-aggrandizement and general cocksuckery. I'm listening to In Rainbows right now. Shit's on.

I recall that I spoke to my neighbors earlier. I confessed that I frequently refer to them as "those assholes in 3" and deride their Literature degrees. I asked them for beard-grooming tips. I'm experimenting with my facial hair right now. Fucking Radiohead, man. "All I Need" is gorgeous. "Faust Arp" is tossed-off but amazing, like a great McCartney Beatles tune. "Reckoner" makes me wish that I had more seriously pursued learning an instrument.

I still hate this "Videotape" song. Remember the pre-Kid A live recordings of "Motion Picture Soundtack"? Much better than the album version. Oh, and "True Love Waits." This band is better than Gwar. My 16 year old mind was right on that much.

I actually met some douche from pitchforkmedia.com at a Radiohead show in Italy back in 2000. I mentioned how I felt that the bears would figure heavily into the artwork for Kid A. He blew me off! There was a shooting star during "Pyramid Song." This was probably the greatest moment of my life.

I'm listening to Kid A several years after the fact in Athens, Georgia. This is probably not the greatest moment in my life. It is something less.

The Dave Attell series Insomiac suggests a level of fun that is not present with the actual affliction. Do 'Head heads remember a song called "How To Disapper Completely and Never Be Found." The album version of that sucks.

So yeah, I normally like to dig in when Radiohead release something that isn't 100% brilliant cos I live with two insufferable Radio Heads, but In Rainbows is really, really good. Sigh.

I initially hated "House of Cards." The song is smarter than I am. It has revealed itself to me.

Most of the rest of In Rainbows has grown on me but I refuse to ever concede that "House of Cards" is anything other than total shit.

Guest (Loggins Name)

I get the same feeling from "Reckoner" that you do, Danny. It makes me want to play the drums. The only song from the album that makes their pantheon of awesong songs. I love "Down Is the New Up," and I wish that would've made the cut. Also great drums. "House of Cards" is a shitpile. It doesn't go anywhere. It just goes. I don't think I'm allowed to discuss this album anymore.

Can any of you guys recommend me some Curtis Mayfield and/or The Impressions stuff. I downloaded an Impressions album a couple weeks ago on a whim and really enjoyed it, I also like what little stuff I've heard of Mayfield's solo stuff.