TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

I don't even know who Nick Cannon is, other than the fact Dave Chappelle's son apparently thinks he's hilarious.

He's part of the single worst thing ever to appear in a movie trailer.

The Who are awesome.

They really aren't. What led you to come to this conclusion? A greatest hits album?

Who's Next, Tommy, Quadrophinia all come to mind on some solid albums, not to mention Live at Leeds is one of the best live records ever released.

Maybe don't ride on Inc's balls next time and form your own opinion.

So apparently, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are engaged.

WTF?!?!

I read earlier this morning they got married the other day. They just meet a month or so ago i heard too........im jealous........

Ever had a gf/bf that wants you to listen about some crappy song, that reminds them of you.

I'm getting bombarded every day by shitty songs by the gf that I have to download and listen. Its a waste of my time.

Has anyone seen Poison and/or Dokken live recently? They're playing a show in Tampa in July and I think it has the potential to be one of the most surreal experiences of my life.

I saw Poison with Cinderella and Faster Pussycat in like, I think 2003.

They still put on an awesome show.

As for 90's era KISS, God Gave Rock n' Roll To You from the Bill And Ted SDTK is the best.

Ever had a gf/bf that wants you to listen about some crappy song, that reminds them of you.

I'm getting bombarded every day by shitty songs by the gf that I have to download and listen. Its a waste of my time.

A girl wrote a song about me once, but I couldn't tell if it was good or bad. I love myself so much that anything about me automatically seems good.

I did once have the issue of one of my favorite bands almost being tainted by a girl. It was Mindless Self Indulgence, and I was introduced to them by this girl, after we went through a lot of shit and broke up, the band didn't seem quite the same. But as I got over her, it came back around.

Gym Class Heroes played my last day of classes thingy (called Slope Day here) and they were 25x better then they had any right to be. I wasn't a huge fan beforehand or anything but they put on a really good show.

The Swell Season might be the best concert I've ever been to. The only way it could've been better would have been a better opening act.

Why is Stairway considered to be the best guitar solo ever? Its not even Page best solo in the band.

It's an all arounder for people who don't really want to give it much thought.

I've actually heard "Sweet Child O' Mine" called best ever more often, though. It is better than Stairway, but I don't have an opinion on best ever.

New Kids On The Block are supposedly reuniting. Poor Donnie Wahlberg.

Looks like I was right. Poor poor Donnie Wahlberg.

I love the music of David Axelrod.

Mine favourite solo is quite possibly "Stairway to Heaven", as much as I hate to admit to such conformity.

"Time" would actually be another contender. "What's New in Baltimore?" as well.

Mine favourite solo is quite possibly "Stairway to Heaven", as much as I hate to admit to such conformity.

"Time" would actually be another contender. "What's New in Baltimore?" as well.

70s Kiss I can understand, even if it's not my thing, but 90s era Kiss? Nothing worse.

The majority of non original lineup Kiss is terrible, save for a song or two. I will say that Revenge is actually a solid album, mostly because it doesn't sound like a Kiss album.

I'm probably the biggest (only?) KISS fan on this board behind Paul Stanley (the poster- whatever happened to him anyways) and that Ecuadorian guy. And even I will admit that there's only about 5 decent songs in the non original lineup canon.

I'll take Creatures of the Night (my personal favorite KISS album) and Revenge over anything from the classic era (save maybe Destroyer), but that's because I prefer the more metallic sound versus the regular hard rock of the 70's version. I'll admit that there's only about 1-2 good songs per album from all the albums between those two, but I'm not going to discount that period entirely (notably for "Lick it Up", "Heaven's On Fire", "Thrills in the Night", "Tears Are Falling" and "Forever")

Saw Kanye's tour last night. Outstanding. The whole thing is based around a narrative wherein he's earth's greatest creative mind, traveling through the cosmos and trying to get back home to save our planet from the doldrums it's entered without him. It was both the most egotistical and the most totally ridiculous and awesome thing ever. It was like one of those nonsense morality plays Dennis DeYoung made Styx do, except with "Can't Tell Me Nothing."

70s Kiss I can understand, even if it's not my thing, but 90s era Kiss? Nothing worse.

The majority of non original lineup Kiss is terrible, save for a song or two. I will say that Revenge is actually a solid album, mostly because it doesn't sound like a Kiss album.

I'm probably the biggest (only?) KISS fan on this board behind Paul Stanley (the poster- whatever happened to him anyways) and that Ecuadorian guy. And even I will admit that there's only about 5 decent songs in the non original lineup canon.

I'll take Creatures of the Night (my personal favorite KISS album) and Revenge over anything from the classic era (save maybe Destroyer), but that's because I prefer the more metallic sound versus the regular hard rock of the 70's version. I'll admit that there's only about 1-2 good songs per album from all the albums between those two, but I'm not going to discount that period entirely (notably for "Lick it Up", "Heaven's On Fire", "Thrills in the Night", "Tears Are Falling" and "Forever")

Ah- I forgot Creatures of The Night. That's probably my favorite behind Destroyer and the self-titled debut. I should have said non-makeup KISS instead of non-original lineup.

Okay, seriously, what the hell is Jack Johnson doing headlining every festival known to musickind? Bonnaroo makes sense since it'll just be a bunch of people on drugs nodding their heads anyway, but the guy already played Coachella, and now has slots headlining at Virgin Festival and All Points West. It's getting to be kind of a foregone conclusion that he's going to be a large-font name whenever a bunch of people get together in a field.

Guest Desensitized

I've never heard a single song by Jack Johnson, to my knowledge. My guess is that he's the demon spawn of John Mayer and Dave Matthews.

Pretty good guess, except even mellower. It's the kind of music people play on the beach in movies where people are sitting on the beach, and you're really supposed to be paying attention to their conversations or lithe bodies, not the music.