TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Stubhub, though I think that's ebay-affiliated, so maybe you've already trawled that to its best end. If you're in a major metropolitan area, craigslist is pretty unstoppable with two or three days of lead time.

If I can't get the tickets to the local show, I could go to the one in Orlando just a few hours away, but that show is 18 and over. Is it difficult for a 16 year old to get into an 18 and over show? Do these places actually check?

Haven't you ever seen 25th Hour? Just go there and hope your teacher Phillip Seymour Hoffman is there and he'll get you in. He might try to make out with you in the bathroom later on, though.

Saw Kanye's tour last night. Outstanding. The whole thing is based around a narrative wherein he's earth's greatest creative mind, traveling through the cosmos and trying to get back home to save our planet from the doldrums it's entered without him. It was both the most egotistical and the most totally ridiculous and awesome thing ever. It was like one of those nonsense morality plays Dennis DeYoung made Styx do, except with "Can't Tell Me Nothing."

The tour is hitting up Detroit next Thursday. I'd love to go, but cash and not knowing many people who'd wanna go shell out money to see Kanye live is going to prevent that. Speaking of the tour, Entertainment Weekly gave it a B+, which raised the ire of Ye, who proceeded to tell EW to never come to one of his shows again.

Holy shit, that sounds like such an ill concert. Fuck it, I'll wait for the dvd.

And the best guitar solo is Sweet Child of mine, then Stairway, then Ænema.

Riz Ortolani's score for "Mondo Cane" is one of the best scores ever.

Does the fact that OldSchoolWrestling credited "Jesus Don't Want Me For a Sunbeam" to Nirvana in his sig bother anyone else?

After over a month of speculation, Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz have confirmed that they are expecting their first child. They posted this official statement on Pete's site, Friends Or Enemies:

"While many have speculated about this, we wanted to wait until after the first trimester to officially confirm that we are expecting our first child. This is truly the most joyous time in our lives and we are excited to share the happy news and start our family."

Ashlee also recently adopted Pete Wentz' last name, with her official name now Ashlee Wentz and her stage name Ashlee Simpson-Wentz. She said, "I think that that's something that a woman should do when they're marrying a man. It's a tradition that I think is a great tradition."

Credit: Music-News.com

Every last bit of that disgusts me.

Oh Ashlee, how I used to love thee...

The Virgins are streaming their entire debut cd on myspace right now. Comes out June 3rd. I really really like it. Especially "One Week of Danger" and "Rich Girls".

Not as sad as I am about Ashlee 'Simpson-Wentz'. That shit'll never fly.

Her two fans will be devastated that she canceled her summer tour.

So... Matt Young and who else?

I was going to pick a comedy album in the draft thread until Ravenbomb did and got it nixed, but now that there's a shitload of these drafts, maybe there should be a comedy album one. It'd have to be less than 20 though, that's just too many.

I'm not going to start the thread because I'm damn sure not going to officiate the thing, but if somebody does, I'm automatically entered in it.

Tha Carter III has leaked. I'm about to start listening to it. I'll try to set my bias aside, but I just can't imagine this living up to the hype. Wayne's got some cute rhymes, but I don't know where all this "best rapper alive" bullshit started carrying some validity with so many people.

I recently discovered Black Lips, and I gotta say, they're the band to get me out of my musical rut. I got the album Let It Bloom, and I love it. It's really bare bones, kinda shoddy quality in the recording, but it's great garage rock, and the recording quality kinda fits.

Guest Vitamin X
So...anybody else a little sad at how far Arch Enemy have fallen, quality-wise, since replacing Johan with Angela on vocals?

Really? I don't think I've heard that much of Arch Enemy before Angela, and I think they're still alright. The only album I have of theirs (which I got around the time it came out, so I wasn't that into them yet) is Anthems of Rebellion, which I'll still listen to every now and then.

Aside from that, I have no emotional investment in the ups and downs of Arch Enemy.

"1979" is one of the best songs of the 90's.

Tha Carter III has leaked. I'm about to start listening to it. I'll try to set my bias aside, but I just can't imagine this living up to the hype. Wayne's got some cute rhymes, but I don't know where all this "best rapper alive" bullshit started carrying some validity with so many people.

Isn't that something Rolling Stone pushed?

What do you guys think of The Avett Brothers? People had been recomending me this "Emotionalism" album for months it feels like, and I guess a couple of these songs are sort of interesting, but I feel like I'm missing something. Should I try a different album or just fuck it?

Fuck, 'All You Need Is Me' is the best single Morrissey has released in forever.

It really is. It becomes awesome at the point where the lyrics shift in tone and you realise what he is actually talking about. Musically speaking it has to be one of his weaker singles though.

Saw Vampire Weekend tonight with Harlem Shakes. For a band I initially didn't like, Vampire Weekend puts on a really fun show. Afterwards we hung out with the singer from Harlem Shakes. Cool guy. I'm a little surprised we were the only ones who approached him though, he was just chilling outside smoking a cigarette.

How come we don't have a live shows thread?