TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

The opening and closing of this video is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Wolfmother were by no means a poor band

Yes they were. Worthless shameless derivative bullshit. Jet for the Black Sabbath crowd. Both bands could have never existed, and the continuum of rock music wouldn't have been affected in the least.

"Flaming Telepaths" is the best Blue Oyster Cult Song.

"Burnin' for You"

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Guest Cal Moriarty

I don't even know who the fuck you are, but stellar rebuttal all the same.

The opening and closing of this video is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

ROSS...BOSS....HOW THE FUCK DOES HE GET AWAY FROM THE COPS

oh wait he was just high no fucking wonder

M.I.A is awesome even though a plausible argument could be made that her music is basically the aural equivalent of a $50 Che Guevara T-Shirt.

Fascinating. Please elaborate.

Yo I can't tell if this post was sarcastic or not so I guess I'll elaborate anyway. M.I.A's music is basically a textbook example of recuperation. It's nominally counter-cultural art that is, in reality, nothing more than a harmless participant in the very system--Western Capitalism--it's supposedly working against. You can't really claim to be trying to tear down the apparatuses of global capitalism when you're releasing records on Interscope and selling your music for commercial usage. It's "revolution" as mass market fashion statement, commoditized and sapped of anything truly rebellious or dangerous. Furthermore,

Good argument.

paper planes may be like the best song of the decade thus far. i could give a shit if its in a dumb movie trailer or if some hipster tweenybopper puts it on repeat. its fucking amazing.

Serious laughter the first time I saw that. Khaled is such a knob.

Case in point

I don't know what's funnier: the facial expression he makes in the 0:35 mark, or him trying (and failing) to get a word in.

Guest Vitamin X
Wolfmother were by no means a poor band

Yes they were. Worthless shameless derivative bullshit. Jet for the Black Sabbath crowd. Both bands could have never existed, and the continuum of rock music wouldn't have been affected in the least.

Is Wolfmother the kind of band to make a music video with ironically shitty 70's production values? I tend to really hate bands that do that. Too hipster.

The incomparable Mike Patton sums up Wolfmother.

I was going to post that.

Also, he's 100% correct.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Has to be temporary. I watched that no less than ten seconds before posting it.

Ha! If you take advantage of the linked vid feature at the end of Patton's little rant (first vid), one of the headers is "JEALOUS PRICK DISRESPECT WOLFMOTHER."

Jealous of...what? Of ripping off the Black Sabbath/Led Zeppelin sound, and making it sound worse now that it's been over 30 years? Of being involved with some of the more critically acclaimed projects of the last 15 years?

Serious laughter the first time I saw that. Khaled is such a knob.

Case in point

I don't know what's funnier: the facial expression he makes in the 0:35 mark, or him trying (and failing) to get a word in.

Is that DJ KHALED or Muhammed Ali? cause that mother fucker is shaking all over the place.

I really wish somebody had told me Steve Moore of Zombi had a solo album out.

I just made that word up, but it seemed to fit. As they describe themselves:

Whenever a new band comes out I often hear it said, "that's exactly what you'd expect from a heavy band." I beg to differ. Austrian Death Machine is exactly what you should hear from a heavy band.

- A continuously fast paced tempo you can always circle pit to.

- The obvious build up to a breakdown you'll know how to mosh to.

- Classic sing alongs to pile up and sing along with.

- A guitar solo in every song.

And yes... I would never leave out the obvious key component. Cliche vocals that sound really angry! None of this scary screaming with makeup or goofy lows that we can all make under our breath.

Lastly, lets move onto lyrical content. I've heard plenty of metal bands steal lyrics from angry fourth graders that hate going to church or don't want to clean their rooms. Now it's time to steal lyrics from the great minds of Hollywood screen writers that at least made it to sixth grade. Don't miss listening to the hit track "Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers."

Bottom line, Austrian Death Machine is fast, pissed, brutal and every song has a guitar solo. You won't find fantasy lyrics or overly poetic personal jargon. There are only forcefully chanted, testosterone driven phrases that our sweet governor Arnold would approve of.

Austrian Death Machine is a tribute to the great Arnold movies. It is a band fronted by Ahhnold with music I wrote and recorded in my free time. But, most importantly, I had so much fun!

1. Milkhawk, you should check out Arnocorps. There a similar band, but they're dedicated 100% entirely to Schwarzenegger flicks. "Predator" was on the latest Fear Candy disc (which comes with Terrorizer), and it's not bad. More along the lines of Motörhead than Slayer, IIRC. The singer even dresses like Ahnuld from T2 with the battle damage in the plant.

2. January 18th...I'm taking the next day off of work. I'll sit through Machine Head, I don't fucking care.

For those of you who were fans of The Format before they broke up (and I know I wasn't the only one on this board)... Nate started a new band with some other dudes. All they have is a demo on MySpace now but it's not bad. This was apparently recorded the first day they were together as a band... so I give it a slight pass for not being the best. Regardless, considering The Format was only two permanent guys and a rotating cast... this might as well be the same band.

http://www.myspace.com/fun

Hey Franz Ferdinand has a song from their third album on their webpage...I'm at work so I can't listen to it. Anyone want to give it a listen and say if it's any good or not?