TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

It's okay. After a brief breakdown, it builds like it's going to explode into something cool, but it's just the chorus again. It would be one of the more unremarkable tracks were it off either of their first two albums.

More new bands of interest: Killwhitneydead

Deathcore (no, I didn't make that one up) band which seems to be dedicated to murder/revenge fantasies on an ex girlfriend. Track list for one of their albums:

"Where There's Smoke"

"I Didn't Know "I Love You" Came with a Knife in the Back"

"Duct Tape & Death Threats"

"The Fine and Subtle Art of Deception"

"I Already Have Enough Friends (Take Two)"

"Like You Didn't Hear Me the First Time"

"Love Is Like a Mouth Full of Glass"

"You Like Knife Play? I Love Knife Play"

"You Will Get Exactly What You Deserve (And Not One Bullet Less)"

"Forgiveness Isn't as Much Fun as Holding a Grudge"

"Broken Hearts Don't Hurt as Much as Broken Bones"

"Bitterness Is a Beautiful Thing"

"She Didn't Look Like She Had a Disease"

"Who Said Alcohol and Handguns Didn't Go Great Together?"

"It Ain't Gonna Suck Itself"

"Revenge (My Part Time Lover)"

"Nothing Says "Party" Like Her Head on a Stick"

Now of course the ultimate "kill your girlfriend" metal album is Pig Destroyer's Prowler In the Yard (an album I can't praise enough, even though it may be my least favorite PD full length). The difference is that PITY can be somewhat legitimately unsettling, whereas Killwhitneydead clearly have a tongue in cheek sense of humor about the whole thing (and a more approachable sound). I love shit like this.

It's okay. After a brief breakdown, it builds like it's going to explode into something cool, but it's just the chorus again. It would be one of the more unremarkable tracks were it off either of their first two albums.

I really like it, but maybe that's because I haven't listened to them in about a year or so.

Anyone heard the new Oasis track yet? It's fucking amazing.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
"You Will Get Exactly What You Deserve (And Not One Bullet Less)"

I've never heard this before, and I can already tell that this is the best song on the album.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Hey, have you ever heard the band I Shit On Your Face? You should.

The new Basic Channel Album BCD2 is pretty good.

I originally thought of putting this in the "Music in 2008" thread, but seeing that it's made up of material from previously released 12' records, I don't think it belongs there.

Machine Head is good at what they do, besides Descend in the Shades of Night is one of my favourite metal songs ever.

Favourite BOC song is Cities On Flame With Rock & Roll. That is one hell of a riff.

Has that "One Day As A Lion" song been talked about here? I like it, but is that really what Zach has been working on all this time? It's Rage without a Tom Morello solo..which actually isn't necessarily a bad thing, but still.

I find it odd that I'm such a big fan of drug songs considering I've never consumed an illegal substance. Case in point: I cannot stop listening to Jackie Chain's "Rollin". The beat does play a part, since I wasn't a big fan of the remix I heard that didn't have Robert Miles' "Children" on the track, but I like pretty much anything Chain does.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Neil Young will tour the US/Canada from October-December. Death Cab for Cutie opens the first leg, Wilco the second. Special note for Czech: He probably wont be playing any of the Living With War material.

Well, they did do that song with the dude from Fall Out Boy, so I don't see how this is so completely shocking/unexpected. It's pretty obv. that The Roots kinda desperately want to achieve some kind of pop-crossover appeal, they're just not very good at pulling it off.

Related: Why is it when "cool" black artists decided to collaborate w/ white "rock" dudes they always pick they lamest ones possible? Jay-Z/Linkin Park, Timbaland/OneRepublic, Roots/Fall Out Boy, etc. Somebody should study this phenomenon.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'm liking this band. The singer's growing on me, despite the fact that he needs to send Mike Patton a thank-you card.

Re: black rappers and white rockers, DMX collabed with Marilyn Manson, that was pretty sweet.

What/when was that?

"The Omen" from Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood