TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

After initially being a little put off by the relatively slick sound, I've really taken a shine to the aforementioned Hitchcock's Fegmania! Also, I've never really cared for Husker Du, but I gave New Day Rising a listen today and really enjoyed it a lot.

Just to follow up on that: Fuck me, New Day Rising is so fucking good. And to think of all the years I wasted thinking that I didn't like this band.

Saliva is great when ones opretending to be a pro wrestler :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I just put on my black glvoes, put on some Saliva, get in the mirror and FELX and GRUNT AND TAUNTY

and i honest to goodness feel like a wwe entertainer.

another GREAT prowtestling song is the Dragonballz song. DRAGON DRAGON PUM p THE DRAGON! DRAGONBALLZ!

i wear my red hoodie, light some candles, and play kane!

He is anime loike sbecause he can shoot fireballz

I've listened to Transformer about 20 times in a row. I wish Lou Reed would have made more albums with David Bowie. It should be noted that both Iggy Pop and Lou Reed made their best solo records with Bowie producing.

I guess The Idiot sort of sucks. But Lust for Life is relentlessly awesome. Shit, even All the Young Dudes is pretty good.

I honestly prefer it to any other Lou Reed solo album. I also think Lust for Life is better than any Stooges album except for Fun House. So, y'know...grain of salt and all that.

re: Lust for Life. That album builds up a nice head of steam, but then just dies with "Fall in Love With Me." It's a little unfortunate that it has such a crappy closing song, because the rest of the album is fantastic.

I guess The Idiot sort of sucks.

Oh hell no, The Idiot is awesome.

It has its moments. "Sister Midnight" is probably a little better than its identical twin at the end of Lodger and "China Girl" is significatly better than Bowie's hit version. Despite not being particularly long, that album just really drags for me. "Dum Dum Boys" and "Mass Production," in particular, are just these dirge-y, monotonous moan-fests. Lust for Life is a much more rocking album, which is really the only environment in which Iggy works or makes sense.

Good news JG Thirlwell and Venture Bros. fans: The Official Soundtrack (and volume one at that!) for the show comes out March 2009.

Sweet.

In unrelated news, Hilary Duff is sampling Depeche Mode for her new single, and blatantly ripping off the chorus. No big deal, but the song is "Personal Jesus" which is still fresh in everyone's mind, I think, from Johnny Cash and Marilyn Manson.

I love this song, but that may be one of the worst videos I've ever seen. They could release that as a parody, and I'd say "Not funny. Trying too hard." but that's the real video.

Man, I know 80s nostalgia is cool (and it is cool), but not that part of the 80s.

(One fun fact about Dead or Alive: Pete Burns legitimately sued Boy George for stealing his look. That's gayer than 9 guys fucking 8 guys.)

Growing up in the eighties, I always thought that the Dead or Alive songs were catchy. My first time remembering seeing them on television was during my freshman year of high school in 1996ish on some where are they now show, where they were all whacked out looking like they were auditioning for Marylin Manson.

King Diamond sounds like a muppet in the opening of "Desecration of Souls"

I must admit that I mostly like relatively mainstream music. Metallica, Everlast, Megadeth, Black Label Society, Staind, a lot of classic rock(Beatles, Lennon, Skynyrd, Aerosmith, etc.), and quite a bit more. So over the years since I started visiting these forums and this board in particular I would hear about how so and so is great, and I'd check them out and think that they really weren't worth the listen.

However, I finally gave in and listened to some random tracks of Tom Waits off the internet and I have to say I think he's one hell of an artist. Although seeing him in Wristcutters made me more interested in trying his music out for whatever reason. I'll have to start checking out some of the suggestions for him next time I'm out at fye.

Dunno, but Austrian Death Machine blows. Anything involving As I Lay Dying is sure to suck. ArnoCorps seem to genuinely have fun with the it all, though, but ADM...that just seems like using the gimmick for the sake of using the gimmick. Like Lordi with the monster makeup (where pretty much every costume is a direct knock-off of the Gwar characters).

You know who's a big pile of bullshit? AMINALS.