TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

After repeated delays, the Langerado festival in Miami announced its lineup this morning. They somehow decided that Death Cab, Snoop, and Thievery Corporation would be good headliners.

After repeated delays, the Langerado festival in Miami announced its lineup this morning. They somehow decided that Death Cab, Snoop, and Thievery Corporation would be good headliners.

Thievery Corporation are still around? Wow.

That Metallica video was actually pretty good.

To the A.V. club-you are terrible at explaining why you love these albums. Also, ugh, "Hipster Hop"? Really? At least I have least essential to look forward too (those are usually pretty good.)

The new Common album is horrible.

It's pretty bad. I heard a good chunk of it on XM radio this weekend. But perhaps I'm not the right judge. Common's been pissing me off since he really amped up his conscious rapper persona post-Be. We could also attribute the shittiness of present-day Neptunes for the overall lousy product that is Common's album.

Pearl Jam to rerelease catalogue over the next 2 years, starting with Ten in March.

THE FOUR EDITIONS OF TEN: ALBUM EXTRAS PER PACKAGE

1. Legacy Edition (2-disc set in mini-LP style slipcase):

· Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)

· Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: “Brother,” “Just a Girl,” “State of Love and Trust,” “Breath and a Scream,” “2,000 Mile Blues” and “Evil Little Goat”

· Re-designed packaging

2. Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD specially designed hardbound package):

· Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: “Brother,” “Just a Girl,” “State of Love and Trust,” “Breath and a Scream,” “2,000 Mile Blues” and “Evil Little Goat”

· DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of “Oceans” with 5.1 surround sound audio remix

3. Vinyl Collection (2-LP set)

· LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl

· LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien

4. Super Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD, 4 LPs and replica cassette in linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box):

· DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of “Oceans” with 5.1 surround sound audio remix

· LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien

· LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park – Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O’Brien)

· Cassette: replica of original “Momma-Son” Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring “Alive,” “Once” and “Footsteps”

· Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam’s early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.

That Super Deluxe edition looks pretty sweet, but I don't have a record player, so the LP's are kinda useless to me. I'll end up getting the regular Deluxe edition.

Is anyone else interested enough in the "alt.country" genre to discuss it separately? Please note that I do not like the name "alt.country", but seems to be the most recognized describer.

I'm thinking about this while re-discovering the Jayhawks - Tomorrow the Green Grass and remembering how I love it so.

I took a quick glance at the Rock Band Draft and I can no longer argue for this folder being more inclusive. Yeesh.

Dio and Journey being picked in the first round? The Beach Boys and The Byrds haven't been picked but Poison has!? Befuddling and upsetting even by wrestling board music draft standards.

Found this blog while searching for any sort of information on a song called "The Trains" by a band called The Nashville Ramblers. Check that song out, but also listen to the wealth of other unheard songs, many of which have never been issued on CD. (That Nashville Ramblers song is featured on a Rhino box set, which is how I heard it.)

Here's a direct link to the song I was talking about.

Is anyone else interested enough in the "alt.country" genre to discuss it separately? Please note that I do not like the name "alt.country", but seems to be the most recognized describer.

I'm thinking about this while re-discovering the Jayhawks - Tomorrow the Green Grass and remembering how I love it so.

Are the Avett Brothers "alt.country"? I fucking love the Avett Brothers.

After hearing "The Wrestler" I am very much looking forward to Bruce Springsteen's 'Working on A Dream'.

I really wouldn't expect the rest of the album to sound too similar, I'd expect most of it be along the lines of another "Magic." "The Wrestler" will be released as a bonus track on the CD, however.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm telling you, Miami has the absolute worst taste in music, considering its diversity.. (or maybe because of it)

I don't know. 95% of rap artists don't seem like they'd be good fits to headline festivals. I mean, most of 'em just stand on stage with their massive posses and just shout a minute of each song on their setlist. Maybe well suited for a club or theater but not for a festival with 50,000 people in the audience.

Though I have to say Snoop is probably the best out of the headliners listed. A Death Cab For Cutie concert sounds ungodly boring and I'm not sure if I've ever heard a Thievery Corporation song (not a knock on them- just saying I haven't heard any of their stuff). Looking at the rest of the bands scheduled, it appears they picked the lineup out of a hat.

Pearl Jam to rerelease catalogue over the next 2 years, starting with Ten in March.

THE FOUR EDITIONS OF TEN: ALBUM EXTRAS PER PACKAGE

1. Legacy Edition (2-disc set in mini-LP style slipcase):

· Re-designed packaging

2. Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD specially designed hardbound package):

3. Vinyl Collection (2-LP set)

4. Super Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD, 4 LPs and replica cassette in linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box):

· LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park – Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O’Brien)

· Cassette: replica of original “Momma-Son” Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring “Alive,” “Once” and “Footsteps”

· Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam’s early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.

That Super Deluxe edition looks pretty sweet, but I don't have a record player, so the LP's are kinda useless to me. I'll end up getting the regular Deluxe edition.

That is pretty cool, but it seems kind of excessive.

Though I have to say Snoop is probably the best out of the headliners listed. A Death Cab For Cutie concert sounds ungodly boring and I'm not sure if I've ever heard a Thievery Corporation song (not a knock on them- just saying I haven't heard any of their stuff). Looking at the rest of the bands scheduled, it appears they picked the lineup out of a hat.

This is pretty correct. I've seen Snoop twice and have been happy both times.

I had the honor of seeing Death Cab on the same bill as Franz Ferdinand. They somehow decided to have Death Cab close after Franz Ferdinand absolutely killed it for 60 amazing minutes... needless to say I walked out of the concert about 10 minutes after Death Cab started. This also doubled the horror because I got to see a bunch of dorky hard looking frat guys swaying to this gay chick rock with their girlfriends. I wanted to die.

so I recently realized that i've really gotten into Nine Inch Nails lately, and it is all because of the NIN website. I've download, at last count 23 remixes, and I'm enjoying the hell out of them. I also bought the Ghosts album cause, well, its 5 bucks.

Is there any other bands doing something like this? It's a great way to discover new music, atleast for me