TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Here's a fun game y'all. Click play on the following video and see how long you can go without pressing the stop button. It's sorta like holding your hand over a candle, but without the unsightly burn marks.

Blech. It's like the female equivalent of Hollywood Undead.

Yeah, I usually do.

Listening to TVOTR do 'Heroes'. Decent fun. Certainly helps me blot out the criminal version that Kasabian (I think) churned out for the Euro 2008 coverage. Dear God.

The Magnetic Fields did a version of Heroes, too. It sounds like most of their early work, but I don't mind, the sound suits the song well enough.

Still, I don't really think people should be covering Heroes. Resist your urges.

Here's a fun game y'all. Click play on the following video and see how long you can go without pressing the stop button. It's sorta like holding your hand over a candle, but without the unsightly burn marks.

i think its crap like that which has turned me off from any kind of dance music. its all become so similarily soul less. a vapid hole of cocaine and leather jackets. i still love discovery, though. hell ya.

You try the Cut Copy album from last year, Bankster? It's not Discovery, but it's all really good, highly danceable, well-constructed pop songs completely sans leather and coke.

You try the Cut Copy album from last year, Bankster? It's not Discovery, but it's all really good, highly danceable, well-constructed pop songs completely sans leather and coke.

no, i haven't. i sorta blocked them out because of said distaste for dance music. but i did see it on a lot of reputable year-end lists. maybe ill check it out.

2 seconds.

2 seconds.

I'll admit that I've actually watched it like 10 times. Once you get through it once it becomes sort of a compulsion. I'd have sex w/ the one wearing the headband.

edit: Oh who am I kidding. I'd have sex with all of them/

So I d/led the Stiff Records box set last night. I'm sort of half-drunkenly in love with Wreckless Eric's "Whole Wide World." There's also this sort of crappy slowed-down version of "Blank Generation." So if that isn't a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is. Actually, the whole thing is pretty good. A little reliant on familiar Nick Lowe/Costello/Damned/Ian Dury songs, but if you don't know those it'll be a real revelation.

8.72 seconds

I can't believe you pussies couldn't finish the whole goddamn video. You missed the part where the one with the headband wakes up and the whole thing was a dream.

And the recent board trend of incorporating "thread" in some punny fashion in thread titles irritates me.

some other suggestions:

This thread is Boss, talkin' 'bout Bruce Springsteen and his work

Posts, let's talk about Bjork

Give 'Em Enough Thread, the fucking Clash, motherfucker

White Threading, post your thoughts on Billy Idol

The Humans Are Thread. celebrating Flight of the Conchords' musical genius

I just remembered how much I love Julee Cruise's album Floating Into The Night.

And the recent board trend of incorporating "thread" in some punny fashion in thread titles irritates me.

some other suggestions:

This thread is Boss, talkin' 'bout Bruce Springsteen and his work

Posts, let's talk about Bjork

Give 'Em Enough Thread, the fucking Clash, motherfucker

White Threading, post your thoughts on Billy Idol

The Humans Are Thread. celebrating Flight of the Conchords' musical genius

Is Simply Thread too obvious?

I sort of like the punny use of thread, TSM or posts in a thread title. I guess it's annoying to see it more than once or so a week, but it's certainly more interesting than some of other thread titles we have.

I sort of like the punny use of thread, TSM or posts in a thread title. I guess it's annoying to see it more than once or so a week, but it's certainly more interesting than some of other thread titles we have.

of course you like it, you did it. and it sucked.

of course you like it, you did it. and it sucked.

I stand by my work.

Apparently Backstreet Boy Nick Carter had a 10-year drug and alcohol battle and almost killed himself.

What a badass.

I'm in an '80s pop mood so I'm listening to Billy Ocean. I'm wondering how they let "Caribbean Queen" slide? Such a ripoff of "Billie Jean"...why didn't I notice this until a few years ago?

Did Britney Spears actually release a song called "Fuck Me," or is my sister putting me on?

Sort of. I believe the song is called "If U Seek Amy", but the she says the chorus fast enough that it sounds like F U C K Me. Shitty song, but it'll probably be a huge hit like all her other crappy music.

For what it's worth, I read an interview with Tommy Lee a few years back and they asked him about working on a Nick Carter solo album and Tommy said that Nick could outparty Slash.

Oh and I think me and Sensei John Kreese are the only ones that care about this but Ruckus, the free, legal subscription music service for college students, is no more. While the selection was spotty at best, I'm going to miss it. The fact that it ended without warning seems kind of fishy.

R&B singer Chris Brown to be questioned in alleged domestic violence attack against Rihanna

Los Angeles police said they plan to detain R&B singer Chris Brown for questioning in connection with an alleged domestic violence assault against his girlfriend, pop singer Rihanna, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Both stars canceled their performances at tonight's Grammy Awards. The alleged incident is being investigated as a felony domestic violence case. It was reported about 12:30 a.m. Sunday in Hancock Park.

Brown and Rihanna, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, were apparently in a car together and got into an argument on North June Street, according to a Los Angeles Police Department statement. Brown stopped the car, the two got out, and the argument escalated, according to police.