TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

R&B singer Chris Brown to be questioned in alleged domestic violence attack against Rihanna

Los Angeles police said they plan to detain R&B singer Chris Brown for questioning in connection with an alleged domestic violence assault against his girlfriend, pop singer Rihanna, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Both stars canceled their performances at tonight's Grammy Awards. The alleged incident is being investigated as a felony domestic violence case. It was reported about 12:30 a.m. Sunday in Hancock Park.

Brown and Rihanna, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, were apparently in a car together and got into an argument on North June Street, according to a Los Angeles Police Department statement. Brown stopped the car, the two got out, and the argument escalated, according to police.

Does Chris Brown have to smack a bitch?

Not it would matter to me, but how come there isn't a Grammys thread?

Was that today?

Yeah, on CBS.

Due to a complete lack of anything to do I actually watched the Grammy's last night and was entertained. Some of the collab's (Jonas Bros + Stevie Wonder) were awful and guys like McCartney and Grohl fell flat but Timberlake and Al Green (with BOYS 2 MEN) were solid, seeing all four rappers and MIA doing 'Swagger Like Us' was cool and Alison Krause and Robert Plant killed it. Same with Adele and Sugarland.

Also, I enjoyed the Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus duet and feel like a horrible person for doing so.

Best Dance Recording

Winner: Daft Punk - "Harder Better Faster Stronger" [ from Alive 2007 ]

Other Nominees:

Hot Chip - "Ready For The Floor"

Lady Gaga & Colby O'Donis - "Just Dance"

Madonna - "Give It 2 Me"

Rihanna - "Disturbia"

Sam Sparro - "Black & Gold"

Best Electronic / Dance Album

Winner: Daft Punk - Alive 2007

Other Nominees:

Brazilian Girls - New York City

Cyndi Lauper - Bring Ya To The Brink

Kylie Minogue - X

Moby - Last Night

Robyn - Robyn

YES!!! :headbang:

Grammys were boring. Another old white person won best album for a mediocre piece of work... WOOOO. Though, nobody else really deserved out of everyone nominated. At least Lil Wayne didn't win it.

cmon man. be fair. an old black person won best album for a mediocre piece of work last year.

Grammys were boring. Another old white person won best album for a mediocre piece of work... WOOOO. Though, nobody else really deserved out of everyone nominated. At least Lil Wayne didn't win it.

cmon man. be fair. an old black person won best album for a mediocre piece of work last year.

true...true... I forgot about that.

Gary Floyd, you are the Internet.

Another reason to love me.

Hank jr still is Hank jr, he recently went on stage buzzed and did a 30 min set (that was supposed to be 90 mins-2 hrs) then left because he had 5 whores waiting in his room. AWESOME.

and congrats to Troy Aikman for boinking Faith Hill back in her prime

The first single from Tinted Windows (band featuring Taylor Hanson, Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne, James Iha formerly of Smashing Pumpkins, and Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick.

I don't know. I love me some power pop and Fountains of Wayne but I'm not entirely sold on this.

I'm trying to get into the new Morrissey album, but it hasn't been clicking. Sucks, because I really want to like it, but other than a few songs here and there, not much stands out.

I think the first two tracks are far and away the best, and it struggles to maintain focus thereafter. Still some gems here and there. 'Sorry Doesn't Help Much' is a dud, 'Black Cloud' isn't particularly good, but I can get behind the rest. A lot of the reviews were correct about the album as a whole but picked out the wrong songs. Some douche dismissed 'Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed' as 'tuneless' which is crazy, it's tremendous. His band have also been criticised amidst the most recent bout of 'he should get back with Johnny Marr' garbage, but having seen them live they blew me away.