TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Vol. 1 of J.G. Thirlwell's soundtrack to "The Venture Bros." is up for pre-order.

Didn't think this would get enough responses to warrant a thread but anybody else here familiar with Larry Norman? Never thought I'd get into any Jesus rockers and the guy was batshit insane but I'll be damned if Only Visiting This Planet isn't a great record. No wonder why this guy has some indie cred.

Australian parody electro-rock band TISM (This Is Serious Mum) are fantastic. They were around from about 1984 until around 2003, and became quite popular during the mid-nineties. If anyone can get their hands on Machiavelli and the Four Seasons, Machines Against The Rage, or tism.wanker.com, then give them a listen. Also, look them up on Wiki, some of the stories from concerts are priceless.

Best songs include:

- (I'm Interested In) Apathy

- (He'll Never Be An) Ol' Man River (the song that incensed the Red Hot Chili Peppers as it repeatedly references the fact that the singer is "on the drug that killed River Phoenix")

- !Uoy Sevol Natas (which contains the fantastic line "politicians they don't love you... unless they're facing re-election/popstar he don't love you, unless you lick his gnarled erection")

- Death Death Death, Amway Amway Amway

- Saturday Night Palsy

- The History Of Western Civilisation

- Defecate On My Face (told from the perspective of Hitler)

and my personal favourite

- I Might Be A Cunt, But I'm Not A Fucking Cunt.

I just assumed he already liked it. Well, when he finally comes around on it, I'm sure he'll cite an entry from some poorly written, practically unreadable blog in defense of it.

OUCH

I seem to recall BtB was big on Soulja Boy about a year and a half ago. How is this different?

Or perhaps Byron will pull a Sasha Frere-Jones and call it a "gripping, postmodern pop-rap salvo for the approaching second decade of the 21st century" or some such thing. Then he'll call Stephin Merritt a racist and complain that indie rock isn't black enough.

08_sasha_lgl.jpg

Guest Czech please!

Wait, this is just a high-concept parody of Soulja Boy. If it's just leaning and twisting your ankle funny, I was doing that before it was cool.

Thanks!

I seem to recall BtB was big on Soulja Boy about a year and a half ago. How is this different?

When you listen to a lot of shitty southern rap you eventually learn to differentiate between the stuff that's kinda fun and interesting and the stuff that's just garbage.

Guest Czech please!

Ryan Adams and Ben Gibbard, report to the Fucking Douchebag Bug Jar now.

fuck is the stanky leg

So that's what those college basketball players were doing for their celebration.

Christ, I have a feeling I could make a song appealing to the bitches call it Betty Bop and it would somehow become a hit.

Terrible

Guest Agent of Oblivion

More specifically, this Steve Vai anecdote about Frank:

I only just noticed, two years after the album came out, that LCD Soundsystem's "Us V Them" actually features a part where the song's title is pronounced in full, as in "us vee them." I've lived with and loved this album this long and I only now notice it. I don't know how I feel about this!