TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

2004: The Year in Guilty Pleasures

Every year, there are songs that you just hate to admit it, but you love them. What are this years guilty pleasures?

Lovecraft has made more threads in the last week or so than ANYONE HAS EVER MADE in this folder. That being said, I really enjoy Destiny's Child's song "Soldier" with Lil' Wayne and TI. I'm a big fan of their harmonizing.

I'm going to murder you if I see another "Blah Blah of 2004" threads...

Although I find myself singing along to "Take Your Momma Out" by the Scissor Sisters when I hear it

I like everything in a very unabashed manner, but one song that I really don't like to admit liking was "Nasty Girl" by... whoever that was.

Janet Jackson?

Guest Loss

"Toxic" by Britney Spears is THE guilty pleasure hit of the year. Only a few select people know that I like it, but it's very hard not to change the channel when it plays.

I like everything in a very unabashed manner, but one song that I really don't like to admit liking was "Nasty Girl" by... whoever that was.

Janet Jackson?

No no no, it was some new dancey song that took the melody from "Sugar, Sugar."

"Toxic" is probably my least guilty pleasure of the year.

"My Perogative" by Britney...The song absolutely BLOWS CHUNKS, but I mark out for when she whispers "They say I'm nasty..."

Plus the "Ain't nothin' wrong with spreadin' myself around" makes me imagine her laying down spread-eagle as a line forms of eagerbodies waiting to fuck her brains in.

And I'd like to be in the front of that line.

Oh, and Ryan Adams' "Wonderwall" cover from The O.C. is awesome, if not a little ghey sounding.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I like Green Day's Blvd. of Broken Dreams. And I usually don't go for the pop-punk stuff, hence Guilty Pleasure.

"Toxic" by Britney Spears is THE guilty pleasure hit of the year. Only a few select people know that I like it, but it's very hard not to change the channel when it plays.

Apsolutely.

Also, I think I'm going to stop with the music threads. Onto the movies!

Guest Loss
I find the new Gwen Stefani song to be a huge guilty pleasure.

I really did hate "Toxic" though.

It's ok. You can tell us. We won't tell anyone.

:)

Guest The Shadow Behind You
THAT MOTHERFUCKIN USHER SONG GOT ME!

Which one?

Usher is my complete guilty pleasure artist.

Guest The Shadow Behind You
My Happy Ending by Avril. It's the first song she's ever had that I didn't get sick of after a week of it being on the radio. It's pretty catchy.

I agree. I'm not saying it's a great song but I won't change the station if it's on.

Guest BrokenWings
My Happy Ending by Avril. It's the first song she's ever had that I didn't get sick of after a week of it being on the radio. It's pretty catchy.

I agree. I'm not saying it's a great song but I won't change the station if it's on.

I really dislike My Happy Ending, however I do enjoy the new(er?) one, Nobody's Home. That being said, I enjoyed it more when I got the acoustic version before the album came out, and they made an overplayed video for it, but yeah.

I also agree with Usher being a guilty pleasure artist.

Guest Mosaicv2
THAT MOTHERFUCKIN USHER SONG GOT ME!

Which one?

Usher is my complete guilty pleasure artist.

The motherfuckin one with that mythic beat... you mostly hear it every damn time he's on VH1 or MTV.

Guest Fire and Knives
I kinda liked Vast Aire's solo album.

How is this a guilty pleasure?

He's not very good without Vordul, but for some odd reason I like it anyway. Usually I'd attribute it to the production, but that's spotty too.