TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

2004: The Year in Guilty Pleasures

I like Green Day's Blvd. of Broken Dreams. And I usually don't go for the pop-punk stuff, hence Guilty Pleasure.

I heard this song yesterday for the first time (remixed with a few other songs, but it was the base) and it was pretty catchy. I don't know if it is my guilty pleasure or not, but of 2004.... yeesh, I didn't listen to hardly anything that came out this year.

I call "Toxic" as well.

Guest Daddy X

Game ft. 50 Cent - This is How We do

"I got a straight bitch in the telly going both ways." 'Nuff said.

As is 'Some Girls' by Rachel Stevens. Word.

Hey, yeah. I saw a horrible modern version of a Sophocles play at London's Young Vic theatre back in July, and the only thing that made it at all tolerable was the fact that it used "Some Girls" for scene changes.

Snoop Dogg & Pharell-Drop It Like It's Hot

I like the song because it's so bad but in a good way. It reaks of laziness. It's like Snoop and Pharell weren't even trying. Clicking tongues, music that sounds like it came from a $10 Casio keyboard. Even Snoop's lyrics seem lazy. He could do better. And The Neptunes could and have done better beats. This song is lame, but I still love it.

That song is hot, what are you talking about?

And which Usher Song: Yeah?(last year) Burn?, Confessions pt 2?, My Boo?

As for me the true Guilty Pleasure song of 2004 is Eminem's Ass Like That

Snoop Dogg & Pharell-Drop It Like It's Hot

I like the song because it's so bad but in a good way. It reaks of laziness. It's like Snoop and Pharell weren't even trying. Clicking tongues, music that sounds like it came from a $10 Casio keyboard. Even Snoop's lyrics seem lazy. He could do better. And The Neptunes could and have done better beats. This song is lame, but I still love it.

The beat is fantastic, and really what makes the song. Snoop's delivery is lame, Pharell's a goofball. One of the Neptunes' few standout productions lately, though, and something different from what's become acknowledged as their typical sound.