TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

More about the Washington move

http://www.fieldofschemes.com

So it turns out that International Facilities Group, MLB's favorite stadium consulting company, has more ties to the Chicago White Sox than merely having Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf's son Michael as co-director. The other co-director, you see, is Terry Savarise - who, as a visit to the IFG website reveals, just happens to be vice-president of stadium operations for both the White Sox and Reinsdorf's Chicago Bulls.

So to recap: Jerry Reinsdorf, in his role as MLB's franchise relocation chief, negotiated a contract that requires Washington, D.C. to pay $3 million to a company run by his son and by one of his top executives. That's not the sort of thing that most corporate bigwigs could get away with - but then, baseball is a special kind of industry.

You know, its amazing that the steroid scandal gets treated like its the worst event in baseball history, while Bud Selig's continued, public attempt to fleece the taxpayers is a mere afterthought.

I don't even see the big deal with steriods anymore. Jeremy Giambi wasn't a great hitter. Jason Giambi never approached the homerun seasons of McGwire and Bonds.

There is tons more to hitting than home run power so I still don't bat an eyelash. Steriod scandal just makes for selling lots and lots of magazines and papers. Most sports writers really don't care either.

As for the Washington deal, I'm not one bit shocked it's going to be crooked. I expected it to be.