TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

ECW PPV? Roster Switches?

Just read a post at Weinerboard where it says that Meltzer in this week's Observer says that the ECW PPV is confirmed for June, in the Hammerstein Ball Room in NY. Vince wants to bring back old ECW stars, Steph doesn't. Also, after Mania, Orton and Cena are going to switch rosters. Can anyone confirm this? HTQ? I think it guarentees Orton and Cena will be in the world title matches at Mania. I was hoping for Batista.

Who the fuck is Steph to say who will be on the ECW ppv?

That kind of shit is why they shouldn't even be doing this.

Heyman has said that it should just be left alone because it will never be what it used to be.

Totally agreed S_D. Just leave ECW alone unless Heyman gets 100% control of the content of the show even if he has to use WWE contracted guys that were in ECW at some point and maybe a few other guys like London, Akio, ect.

Sometimes I think Vince does indeed 'get' what the fans really want but he is polluted by what his family thinks is best. And deep down, he would really rather please them than the fans.

Yeah, really.

What the fuck would Stephanie McMahon know about how to book an ECW show anyways. Stephanie was the one dead-set against Paul Heyman being on the creative team.

If you're that goddamn ignorant, then you don't have a mind for wrestling.

Of course, I'm sure we all know the real reason is because Stephanie knows her job is threatened as long as Heyman is anywhere close to her level.

How much do you want to bet if they do this lame-ass carbon copy ECW PPV that Triple H "invades" and wins the main event?

Oh yeah, and here's a novel idea: How about doing an ECW re-union PPV in the goddamn ECW Arena?

^^^ He'll squash RhYno in a ECW/World Title Unification Match after a 2 week mini feud on Raw on the level of Undertaker/Tommy Dreamer '02.

And the sad thing about Steph being threatened by Heyman is that it's strictly an ego/power thing. Mostly in the real world, when someone feels that their job is threatened, it's due to the potential of having to take a position w/ less money. Obviously, that's not the case w/ Steffy at all. Makes me sick.

Just read a post at Weinerboard where it says that Meltzer in this week's Observer says that the ECW PPV is confirmed for June, in the Hammerstein Ball Room in NY. Vince wants to bring back old ECW stars, Steph doesn't. Also, after Mania, Orton and Cena are going to switch rosters. Can anyone confirm this? HTQ? I think it guarentees Orton and Cena will be in the world title matches at Mania. I was hoping for Batista.

Wouldn't that mean they WON'T be in the title matches?

All I have to say is WWE better know what they're doing and should just give Heyman 100% control of the show. If you're going to book an ECW reunion show in an ECW hotspot like the Hammerstein Ballroom, it's going to be filled with the old ECW smartened fans.

Just read a post at Weinerboard where it says that Meltzer in this week's Observer says that the ECW PPV is confirmed for June, in the Hammerstein Ball Room in NY. Vince wants to bring back old ECW stars, Steph doesn't. Also, after Mania, Orton and Cena are going to switch rosters.  Can anyone confirm this? HTQ?  I think it guarentees Orton and Cena will be in the world title matches at Mania.  I was hoping for Batista.

Wouldn't that mean they WON'T be in the title matches?

They could switch brands for the 2005 Draft Lottery.

No what I mean is - if they're going to switch brands, they won't be taking the titles with them, will they? If Orton and Cena are in the title matches at Mania, they're going over. Simple as that. So if they're gonna switch rosters, one would believe it will be to go after their new brand's title. So neither would be champion.

No what I mean is - if they're going to switch brands, they won't be taking the titles with them, will they? If Orton and Cena are in the title matches at Mania, they're going over. Simple as that. So if they're gonna switch rosters, one would believe it will be to go after their new brand's title. So neither would be champion.

They could switch the titles to the other brands to freshen things up.

Although I think its obvious this is being done to make Cena HHH's new bitch.

No way they'd bring in both Lynn _and_ Sabu. Frankly, they've used Lynn a couple times in the past and he hasn't worked out. Maybe they'd bring Sabu in for just this one shot deal. (but isn't he injured right now anyway?) I think it'd be cool if they brought in Sandman for a one shot deal as well, just because he was such a big face in ECW.

As for bringing back the ECW World Title, what would they do with it? Make it the new version of the WWF Hardcore Title? You know what would end up happening to it...someone like RVD would win it, and then job it to Triple H in another "unification" match.

Also, wasn't Rhyno the last ECW World Champion? So wouldn't he be in any World Title match that would take place?

Guest Duncan Eternia

I like the yearly idea of roster switches, but I hope smackdown doesn't get screwed again. Cena on RAW is fine but Smackdown should get two decent RAW guys - Orton and Regal maybe? I personally would love to see Regal pull a Glodberg on JBL.

Maybe Cena and Orton won't be in the title matches after all and could wind up facing each other at WM instead like they teased at SummerSlam this year.

*UPDATE*

PWI just confirmed that the PPV will be happening on June 5th, 2005.

I wonder if TNA would let Jerry Lynn work the show. Given that they're not too popular in the indy fan community for withholding people from working RoH, if word got out that they wouldn't allow Lynn to work an ECW reunion PPV, TNA would not be winning any popularity points with the indy crowd.

The plan is for Orton and Cena to come out of WM XXI as World Champions, swap brands in the lottery, with Orton getting a lengthy reign on SD, and Cena, well, he'll be on Raw, so you know the deal there.

Very informative WO this week.

The thing is that last year they said that if a champion got drafted to a different show, they were stripped of their title. I guess they could amend that this year, because if they did an angle where both titles were stripped and held up, it would kill Orton's and Cena's push.

Well, wouldn't it be kind of odd if they both get drafted somehow? Maybe they'd do an angle where Bischoff is pissed that Orton is the new World Champion, so he trades him to Smackdown for Cena, the new WWE Champion, leaving with their respective titles intact.

Guest LooneyTune

What a mess of booking... last year around this time, at least everyone knew what the big RAW vs. SD Matches would be (Brock/Goldberg and Kane/UT). This year they teased Orton/Cena, but Cena is US Champion and has no one to drop it to, and Orton is feuding with HHH and apparently Edge now. They (I think) are teasing UT/Kane vs. Heiden-sky, but who knows.

I'm sure a creative and intelligent angle can be crafted to explain why both 'World' Champions are in the draft, though we'll probably just get a lame "Everyone's in the draft, including the 'World' Champions" line.

yeah, that is what they said last year, but Vince also added if any champion was drafted to the other show, they lose their belt. Going by that, how would Cena and Orton hold on to their belts if they are drafted?

Suppose they do go through with ECW PPV, who would you guys like to see come back?

I'm sure a creative and intelligent angle can be crafted to explain why both 'World' Champions are in the draft, though we'll probably just get a lame "Everyone's in the draft, including the 'World' Champions" line.

yeah, that is what they said last year, but Vince also added if any champion was drafted to the other show, they lose their belt. Going by that, how would Cena and Orton hold on to their belts if they are drafted?

I suppose they could have either champion threaten to quit if they're stripped of their title. That way, it gives a storyline reason for them to back to the tired old Champion v GM angle.

I've been on the fringe for a while now, but I've made the decision:

If they fuck up this ECW PPV and in any way, shape, or form tarnish the name of ECW by putting on a non-authentic show, I quit watching wrestling.

Vince buying WCW and producing the lamest WWF vs. WCW angle ever was bad. Stephanie McMahon as lead booker was worse. But shitting on the legacy of ECW is where I draw the fucking line. If I had the motivation, with the state of wrestling as it is, I could easily stop watching. Spitting on ECW would be motivation enough.

I'm skeptical.

HTQ, in Meltzer's preview he has a cryptic line about JBL and his future. I assume that he is holding on to the title to Mania and drops it to Cena? He's not losing it before Mania is he? Because, like Eddy last year, Cena could win the title before Mania and "walk out of WM champion".

HTQ, in Meltzer's preview he has a cryptic line about JBL and his future. I assume that he is holding on to the title to Mania and drops it to Cena? He's not losing it before Mania is he? Because, like Eddy last year, Cena could win the title before Mania and "walk out of WM champion".

The current ME for No Way Out is scheduled to be Big Show vs. JBL, so no.

The current plan is Bradshaw dropping the title to Cena at WM. The plan before that was for Bradshaw to hold it until SummerSlam, but Heyman managed to get Vince to change that. However, with Heyman gone, and his ideas not in fashion anymore, things may change.