TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Weekend Box Office

1 - Meet the Fockers UNIV $44,700,000 $68,500,000 1 3518

2 - Fat Albert FOX $12,700,000 $12,700,000 1 2674

3 1 Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events PARA $12,500,000 $59,278,000 2 3623

4 14 The Aviator M'MAX $9,415,132 $10,754,746 2 1796

5 2 Ocean's Twelve WB $8,645,000 $86,863,000 3 3290

6 - Darkness M'MAX $6,432,123 $6,432,123 1 1700

7 4 The Polar Express WB $6,295,000 $140,000,000 7 2702

8 3 Spanglish SONY $5,000,000 $18,538,000 2 2441

9 31 The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou BV $4,881,000 $5,264,000 3 1105

10 - Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera

Wow, "Darkness" did better then I thought (It was hardly promoted) Anyone seen it? Is it any good?

Guest Smues

Darkness was no good. I couldn't find any reviews of it, which usually is a red flag right there. It's wasn't terrible or anything, but when the movie ended everyone in the theater was laughing, and that was NOT the movies intention. And after the laughter faded, the "Well that was a waste of money" talk started. Blah movie + really really stupid ending = bad movie.

The people in the "What Movie Did You Watch Today" thread that saw it gave "Darkness" 4/10 and 3/10, respectively.

Wow, too bad, I was looking forward to it. I've heard good things about the director, and the film was produced by Brian Yuzna (Re-Animator, From Beyond, Return of the Living Dead 3, the Dentist). Well, it's not showing in my theatre (they're still showing "Christmans with the Cranks", for some odd reason) so oh well

Lovecraft, you're missing Phantom of the Opera's figures, otherwise, great job with the list.

Boy, that Polar Express has some legs. When it opened I never figured it would do the numbers it has now, and still have some ways to go.

Go see The Aviator. Great fucking movie. Scorsese is at the top of his game and anyone who says Leonardo DiCaprio sucks knows nothing about acting and film. DiCaprio is one of the finest young actors working today. Cate Blanchett was also very good in the movie. DiCaprio definitely deserves an Oascar Nomination. And Blanchett will probably win best supporting actress.

I thought Aviator should of been better, but it was pretty good and yes, Decaprio did a damn fine job in the movie. After "Catch me if you can" and this movie, I think hes a much better actor than people make him out to be.

hopfully they make a sequal to continue on the rest of Howard Huges life. ALOT more happened than what the movie showed.

The people in the "What Movie Did You Watch Today" thread that saw it gave "Darkness" 4/10 and 3/10, respectively.

Are Aviator's earnings good for its limited release?

Aviator is no longer limited release, it went Nation Wide on Christmas.

I'm tired of people acting like Leo Dicaprio is constantly being bashed as an actor. The only people defending him for no reason are the same ones who bashed him for no reason.

So, tell me the stupid ending to Darkness. I won't see it after hearing it was terrible, so I'm curious.

Well, I for one, will not bash Leo.

But I won't go see the movie, because I really can't stand him OR Scorcese at this point.

It just ended.

You expect something major to happen, the father dies, Anna and the kid leaves with boyfriend, she says "It's all over" the bf says "No its not" and proceed to drive towards a tunnel."

Basically you knew the ending from the first 15-30 minutes.

Guest Smues
The darkness can kill people (I think, the movie was damn confusing) once all light is gone. At the end it's won anyway because it killed the father, but the two kids, the boyfriend, and the mom are alive. The darkness takes the form of the mom and kids to trick them into turning off the lights. The kids don't buy it but the mom does and dies(I think). The kids escape and get into boyfriends car, but OH HO HO it's not the boyfriend, it's the darkness. As boyfriend shows up at the house and darkness gets him. Then once they've shown the audience that the guy driving the car is the darkness they show that the car is heading into a dark tunnel. As the car drives into the tunnel the screen fades to black. Then the title pops up and the credits roll as the audience laughs at how bad the ending was.

The darkness can kill people (I think, the movie was damn confusing) once all light is gone. At the end it's won anyway because it killed the father, but the two kids, the boyfriend, and the mom are alive. The darkness takes the form of the mom and kids to trick them into turning off the lights. The kids don't buy it but the mom does and dies(I think). The kids escape and get into boyfriends car, but OH HO HO it's not the boyfriend, it's the darkness. As boyfriend shows up at the house and darkness gets him. Then once they've shown the audience that the guy driving the car is the darkness they show that the car is heading into a dark tunnel. As the car drives into the tunnel the screen fades to black. Then the title pops up and the credits roll as the audience laughs at how bad the ending was.

Woa, after reading those spoilers, all I can say is "How could you Brian Yuzna?"

I'm tired of people acting like Leo Dicaprio is constantly being bashed as an actor. The only people defending him for no reason are the same ones who bashed him for no reason.

Um........no. I defended him, and I've never bashed him. Don't make generalizations like that, because it's not healthy.

Go see The Aviator. Great fucking movie. Scorsese is at the top of his game and anyone who says Leonardo DiCaprio sucks knows nothing about acting and film. DiCaprio is one of the finest young actors working today.

Too bad Titanic started the Dicaprio hate. :D

Guest Retro Rob
fockers any good? I am kinda suprised it did so good.

I found it funnier than both Dodgeball and Anchorman, but not as enjoyable as Harold and Kumar. Definitely worth $10, or however much it'll cost you though.

Who cares what you think?

And who cares what you think? This is a message board where we express our views and opinions and disagree or agree with each other. Get a life.

I don't want one.