TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Failed Mascot

With the NFL Regular Season Over

Guest Salacious Crumb

Did you watch the games? I was watching every week and the QBs had the ball for obscene amounts of time because none of the receivers could get open. The only reason they were 3-3 at one point was because Jeff Garcia was playing like a madman.

Guest El Satanico

Andre Davis was having a good year before getting hurt and Antonio Bryant was great considering he was on an all new team, had an all new playbook and played with three different QBs. As long as we can keep Winslow on the field our receiving will be fine. The coaching staff wanting Garcia to be a pocket guy didn't help our QB situation. We looked alot better when Garcia was playing like Garcia.

The misuse of Garcia made me lose faith in the coaching staff. I believe the coaching staff may have been the biggest problem. It seemed that they were making the players we have fit a playbook, instead of making a playbook to fit the players we have. With the right coaching staff that can motivate and use players to their strenghts, we may see a quick improvement.

Probably a good move by D'Brick. I think he'd be a Top 10 pick, but with the top 5 sizing up the way it is, I see almost all of them going for a skill position player rather than an OL.

I think a real interesting question will become that if Leinhart goes back, is how attractive does the Niners #1 pick become? Maybe they still like Aaron Rodgers, but I can't imagine anybody besides those two are on their list with the #1 overall. But if Leinhart & D'Brick both go back you lose two top 10 picks, so there is less interest in a trade.

I just don't see someone trading up to the #1 spot for any of the top three RB's.

Guest Failed Mascot

barring a major setback then you can expect D-Brick to be the O-Lineman coming out of next year's draft. Its a wise decision as this will make him better(once again, barring serious injury or setback).

Guest Salacious Crumb
The misuse of Garcia made me lose faith in the coaching staff. I believe the coaching staff may have been the biggest problem. It seemed that they were making the players we have fit a playbook, instead of making a playbook to fit the players we have. With the right coaching staff that can motivate and use players to their strenghts, we may see a quick improvement.

I'd tend to agree with that. They really needed to bite the bullet and just declare Lee Suggs their go to back instead of having him split time with William Green.

As expected the non-playoff team needs thread was closed.

So I'll ask the same question here. What are your team needs.

Like I said, Tampa Bay should trade down, get more picks and draft Derrick Johnson the OLB from Texas.

Whoever needs a tight end can start looking: Virginia's Heath Miller, the Mackey Award and all-American, declared for the draft today. I would have loved to see him stick around for his last year, but he's ready, and probably the best player Virginia has produced since James Farrior. He should be the first TE taken.

*bump*

Saturday is the last day for players to announce if they're entering the draft. They also have until the 19th to change their mind and return to school, if they don't sign with an agent.

Guest Failed Mascot
Whoever needs a tight end can start looking: Virginia's Heath Miller, the Mackey Award and all-American, declared for the draft today. I would have loved to see him stick around for his last year, but he's ready, and probably the best player Virginia has produced since James Farrior. He should be the first TE taken.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets target him. Becht is probably done with the Jets after this year and they need a productive TE.

Guest Flyboy

I just want the Saints' to trade up to nab Derrick Johnson. If they don't/can't, they stay where they are and draft Rolle (who won't be there), Adam Jones, or Carlos Rogers. Taking Justin Miller would be a reach and if we take another defensive linemen I'll beat the fuck out of someone. Probably in the 3rd or 4th round, draft a QB just to put the pressure on Brooks. In the free agnecy, I want Fred Smoot and Ed Hartwell.

I would be surprised if Heath Miller lasted until the Jets pick, with the explosion at the TE position this year he will go a lot earlier than he would have in previous drafts as some team will want in on the new trend.

Whoever needs a tight end can start looking: Virginia's Heath Miller, the Mackey Award and all-American, declared for the draft today.  I would have loved to see him stick around for his last year, but he's ready, and probably the best player Virginia has produced since James Farrior.  He should be the first TE taken.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets target him. Becht is probably done with the Jets after this year and they need a productive TE.

That seems about right, since they'll probably be picking around #25 or #26 if this weekend turns out as expected. TE doesn't really seem to be a huge priority for many teams this year and rarely is a high draft choice anyway.

Marion Barber III declared for the draft today. Probably a 3rd round pick at this point. This should give Laurence Maroney a chance to one of the elite backs in college football next year.