TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Ashlee Simpson......

Call me a traditionalist, but why in the hell couldn't they have just sent the USC and OU marching bands out there? USC has one of the best bands in the country. They would be much more entertaining than the next teeny bobber flavor of the week.

Or have dogs catching frisbees. Everyone loves that.

Video

That's her performance from last night, if anyone's interested.

:lol:

That was great. Thanks for posting it!

That video showed the whole performance (which I didn't want to see) and then only had 5 seconds of booing (of which I really wanted to see)

Anyone have more video of the aftermath?

Call me a traditionalist, but why in the hell couldn't they have just sent the USC and OU marching bands out there? USC has one of the best bands in the country.

One of the best in the country?? They're THE BEST MARCHING BAND IN THE UNIVERSE!

That video showed the whole performance (which I didn't want to see) and then only had 5 seconds of booing (of which I really wanted to see)

Anyone have more video of the aftermath?

There really was none, they just booed her till she walked off stage.

Hell, they booed Ashlie when they announced she was going to be one of the singers. Her career should be dead by now but we are stuck with a bunch of morons who care more about how the person looks and dismisses the fact she can't sing worth a damn EVER.

And this "she just needs back up tracks" tells me once again, the bitch can't sing. If you can't do it without some kind of techinical assistance, you suck.

Cut the parachute and let her smack back down to Earth already.

She has no talent ...period. Anyone who argues otherwise is insane.

The only reason she ever sniffed a record deal is because of her sister.

She should just never perform live...ever again.

The only reason she ever sniffed a record deal is because of her sister.

Father

Ashlee and Jessica's father is the Kit Culkin (Macaulay Culkin) of pop music.

OJ took solice in the fact that he wasn't the most hated Simpson in the building that night.

Tremendous.

Anyway, what was with the mohawks and anarchy symbols? It's Ashlee fucking Simpson, not Agnostic Front. I hate fake bullshit like that. Anarchy and backup dancers in football helmets don't go together.

OK not being able to sing part is common these days but she can't even move to her own music. It's like she's possessed with a spirit of an 18th century village idiot.

Am I the only one who thinks people are being a bit hard on Ashlee? You can tell on her studio songs that she has kind of a thin, ragged voice (imagine Rod Stewart as a chick, heh). It's odd but I know Jessica has more actual vocal talent, but Ashlee has better songs...Pieces of Me is certainly better than anything Jessica has done. Also interesting is that her CD has sold better than any CD Jessica has done.

Does Ashlee write her own stuff or just sing whatever they give her?

I was watching Rome is Burning last night and Jim made this quote "Ashlee Simpson is the Eli Manning of the music industry; highly overrated and not talented."

Does Ashlee write her own stuff or just sing whatever they give her?

The woman that writes Ashlee's songs, Kara DioGuardi, also writes for Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Raven Symone, Hillary Duff, and pretty much all of the American Idol winners/finalists from the past 3 years.

So while she may come up with lyrics, it's mostly arranged by professionals.

Think ghostwriting, but lamer.

http://ashlee.zap.to/

For those who don't like Ashlee (or even those who do), check out this site. A lot of the stuff on there is pretty funny.

Here's what they say about her role in writing the songs (and don't blame me for this site's aversion to capitalization):

ashlee simpson wants everyone to know that she is nothing like her sister, and to help her do that, she made a cd.  jessica sings pop songs that someone else wrote, and to be different, ashlee wanted to sing rock songs that she wrote herself.  to start with, her producer, john shanks, gives her a cd of beats to listen to. the beats come from songs by ac/dc, rush, i mother earth and jimmy eat world. ashlee was to write new lyrics for the already established songs.

however, john doesnt find much that can be used.  he decides to sit ashlee down and while they talk, he takes notes.  john, along with another writer and backup singer, kara diogaurd, listen to ashlee complain about how unfair life was when she was younger because jessica was always loved more by the parents and was shown off to friend for her voice.  as for the songs about relationships, some songs that every young teen girl could relate to were needed, and ashlee did have boyfriends before, so the songs werent too far fetched.

when the songs were finished, ashlee had to record.  she had a lot of trouble singing because john and kara didnt take her lack of talent and unique duck voice into account, and the result was a lot of husk and scratch.  they realized that ashlees voice alone was not going to be enough.  kara had to sing back up in every song, and john helped on a few tracks, too.

whenever ashlee would mess up while recording, which happened very often, she would get upset and start to cry, complaining that she hated the song she supposedly wrote.  an orchestra was hired for a few of ashlees songs, and she was told to pay attention because she needed to know the song and possibly give input.  most of the time the orchestra was recording, ashlee was  goofing off with her friend, painting their nails with white-out, drawing on eachother, yawning.  finally, john went to ashlee and told her to stop being disrespectful, but she resented that.

how serious of a musician can she be when she cant write her songs by herself, she cant sing the songs she writes and she doesnt pay attention when she is getting special help?

Then let it be known....Kara DioGuardi must die! Err...write better stuff...that's what I meant. On a personal note I know Ashlee sucks but I really don't like her retarded older sister(even with that rack) so I'm cheering for her to be better than Jessica so....GO ASHLEE!!!

Then let it be known....Kara DioGuardi must die! Err...write better stuff...that's what I meant. On a personal note I know Ashlee sucks but I really don't like her retarded older sister(even with that rack) so I'm cheering for her to be better than Jessica so....GO ASHLEE!!!

That might be hard since Kara DioGuardi writes all of Jessica's songs as well.

Guest Quik

Maybe if her idiot producers had songs written for her that catered to her vocal range she wouldn't look like such an idiot. It's common sense... there's a reason I'm in a Tom Petty cover band as opposed to a Soundgarden cover band. It's the same reason Ashlee should be trying to sing with a little less sustain.

How accurate/reliable is the info that Sensei JK posted? Because if it's on the money, it sounded to me like Ashlee never even wanted to be a musician, but had it kinda forced onto her by everyone else.

And did anyone ever expect Jessica to be thought of as the SMART one?

I don't know how accurate the info is. The site is really anti-Ashlee, but the story I posted doesn't seem that implausible. John Shanks is the Phil Spector of the teen "rock" movement and we all know Ashlee can't sing.

How accurate/reliable is the info that Sensei JK posted? Because if it's on the money, it sounded to me like Ashlee never even wanted to be a musician, but had it kinda forced onto her by everyone else.

And did anyone ever expect Jessica to be thought of as the SMART one?

I knew Ashlee was the dumb one the moment I saw her.

I don't know if Jessica is dumb so much as naive. Ashlee on the other hand is just dumb.

By Charlie Amter

Is it possible 78,000 football fans at Miami's Pro Player stadium simply didn't care for Ashlee Simpson (news)'s vocal stylings when she was rounded booed during the Orange Bowl (news - web sites) halftime show?

Not according to the singer.

Simpson again tried to spin--if not hoedown--her way out of a national embarrassment this week by telling MTV the many reasons why she believes she was the subject of a hugely negative reaction among the football faithful watching USC and Okalahoma during the Jan. 3 BCS Championship Game.

The raven-haired popster, who blamed last year's Saturday Night Live lip-synching debacle on (a) her drummer and (b) a bad case of acid reflux, came up with a whole bunch of explanations for the booing this time out, and none had to do with her shrieking, voice-cracking performance.

"There were no ear monitors when we went on stage," Jessica's little sis told MTV.com.

"And trying to sing in a stadium where you can't hear yourself is kinda hard," the 21-year old added.

In the end, though, she did manage to soldier through a live rendition of "La La," a tune off her debut disc Autobiography. But if a bad sound system is at fault for her closing boos, what explains the jeers at the start of her performance?

"I was facing the Oklahoma Sooners [which had a bigger crowd on hand], and I was rooting for USC, and they played a clip of it, so maybe it was that those people didn't like me," she postulated.

The singer even offered up a strange sort of apology. "Maybe they were booing at me, maybe they were booing at the halftime show because the whole thing sucked. If they didn't like the performance, and that's what it was about, then sorry to them."

But apologies are simply not enough for some music fans, who recently started circulating an online petition demanding that Simpson quit her music career posthaste.

"We, the undersigned, are disgusted with Ashlee Simpson's horrible singing and hereby ask her to stop. Stop recording, touring, modeling and performing. We do not wish to see her again," the Stop Ashlee Simpson petition reads. "She cannot match the sound of her voice that can be found on her CDs, when she sings live. She simply yells the words (sometimes the wrong ones) into the mic." So far, more than 14,000 people have endorsed the sentiment.

Last year, an organization called H.O.P.E offered a Ashlee Simpson CD swap, in which former Simpson fans in New York could exchange their Simpson discs for a CD of what the group calls "one of higher entertainment quality."

Simpson can only hope crowds for her upcoming tour will be more sympathetic--the jaunt kicks off Feb. 18 at Los Angeles' Universal Amphitheater

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._music_eo/15714

More excuses...

"There were no ear monitors when we went on stage,"

"And trying to sing in a stadium where you can't hear yourself is kinda hard,"

"I was facing the Oklahoma Sooners , and I was rooting for USC, and they played a clip of it, so maybe it was that those people didn't like me,"

This girl has absolutely no idea how to take responsibility for her actions, does she?

That article's wrong. They added an Anaheim show on February 16th.

I'm going to that one or the Feb. 18th gig. Pictures and a review followed by endless taunting and flaming from other TSM members are all likely forthcoming.

John Shanks is the Phil Spector of the teen "rock" movement and we all know Ashlee can't sing.

Frankly, Mr. Shanks, since you ask

You are a flatulent pain in the arse

I do not mean to be so rude

Still, I must speak frankly, Mr. Shanks

Yes b/c you know the OU fans just so outnumbered the USC fans that the wild boos from the OU crowd drowned out the monstrous cheers the USC crowd was giving to her.

It wouldn't be so bad if she just came up with one excuse why she sucked. But she comes up with a list of them like she's going down a list of excuses.

It's like the kid that messes up in Little League baseball and says "The sun was in my eyes, and it's hot, and I'm a little sick, and would it kill someone to cut this grass?"

When you just start listing the excuses it sounds more phony.