TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Ashlee Simpson......

Next week she'll claim her problem was gas and she has a rare gas disorder.

The only people buying her bull now are her "fans", and god do I use that term loosely.

How accurate/reliable is the info that Sensei JK posted? Because if it's on the money, it sounded to me like Ashlee never even wanted to be a musician, but had it kinda forced onto her by everyone else.

And did anyone ever expect Jessica to be thought of as the SMART one?

I think Jessica needed a gimmick to help her failing career and playing dumb was on the cards. It gets people talking and her back in the spotlight.

I want to know what happens next with Ashlee. Has SNL gotten a chance to rip her apart yet?

I'm shocked her excuse wasn't something like "Football fans are all stupid men!" or "Well USC is from LA and they only like Rap and Oklahoma only likes Country so they just didn't 'get' my music!"

Her new song, "La La" is pretty good...

You can dress me up in diamonds

You can dress me up in dirt

You can throw me like a line-man

I like it better when it hurts

Oh, I have waited here for you

I have waited

You make me wanna la la

in the kitchen on the floor

I'll be a french maid

Where I'll meet you at the door

I'm like an alley cat

Drink the milk up, I want more

You make me wanna

You make me wanna scream

You can meet me on an aero-plane

Or in the back of the bus

You can throw me like a boomerang

I'll come back and beat you up

Oh, I have waited here for you

Dont, keep me waiting

You make me wanna la la

I'll be a french maid

I'm like an alley cat

You make me wanna

You make me wanna la la

I'll be a french maid

I'm like an alley cat

You make me wanna

You make me wanna scream

I feel safe with you

I can be myself tonight

It's alright, with you

Cuz you hold, my secrets tight

You do, You do

You make me wanna la la, la la la, la la, la la la la la la la la la

You make me wanna la la, la la la la

You make me wanna la la

I'll be a french maid

When I'll meet you at the door

I'm like an alley cat

You make me wanna

You make me wanna la la

I'll be a french maid

I'm like an alley cat

You make me wanna

You make me wanna scream

That is your definition of good?

:throwup:

When I'll meet you at the door

I'm like an alley cat

I like the message she is sending here though.

The song is obviously about how she likes to get fucked hard (You can throw me like a line-man, I like it better when it hurts)

on the kitchen floor(You make me wanna la la in the kitchen on the floor) while wearing a french maid outfit(I'll be a french maid. Where I'll meet you at the door)) and she swallows(I'm like an alley cat. Drink the milk up, I want more)

I like her stance on these important issues. I would vote for her.

Whoever said that Ashlee Simpson makes better songs than her sister might as well just sell their eardrums on Ebay, because they're not being used.

Jessica Simpson is probably the best pop singer in the last ten years, and Ashlee Simpson just crows to some crappy beats. "Sweetest Sin" is hundred times better than "Pieces of Me" or "La-La". Even if you've just heard the most popular stuff, "With You" is better than anything Ashlee's done or ever will do.

I don't know if this is weird or not, but I just had a dream that Ashlee Simpson killed herself because of her awful singing. It's kind of weird because that was about the only defining feature of the dream. Well, someone else killed themselves too but I can't remember who.

Didn't she explain the events that led up to her mess up on the new episodes of her show? That should be enough to quiet the Ashlee haters...

Not yet. They covered part of the day she appeared on SNL on the season premiere of her show, but they left us with a "To Be Continued..." cliffhanger before the actual performance. They'll show the fallout tomorrow night, I'm guessing.

There's a thread about the show in the Movies/TV/DVD folder if you're interested.

Whoever said that Ashlee Simpson makes better songs than her sister might as well just sell their eardrums on Ebay, because they're not being used.

Jessica Simpson is probably the best pop singer in the last ten years, and Ashlee Simpson just crows to some crappy beats. "Sweetest Sin" is hundred times better than "Pieces of Me" or "La-La". Even if you've just heard the most popular stuff, "With You" is better than anything Ashlee's done or ever will do.

I agree. If I had to listen to pop music from today's slew of crap, I'd rather it be from her. Her voice is also legions stronger than her sisters, she can hit some crazy high notes.

Guest Nobody

Ashlee is no different from about 90% of any other music (including total corporate crap like Evanescense or Green Day or Linkin Park) that is televised right now. Her crew just happened to screw up publically with her performance. Big deal it's not like half the audience wasn't laughing and/or happy about it because they probably thought the song already sucked anyways as SNL's studio audience typically isn't under the age of 21 i.e. MTVites.

She's just got this big collective finger pointed at her and all I'm saying is she's just a peon for some green toothed record exec behind her. Much like virtually all popular music at the moment. And anyone who thinks her music sucks (including me) should be pointing the finger at THOSE people and the people who run MTV like FOX News runs the world, not her. It's not like her contractual obligations give her any say in the direction of her career what-so-ever.

Ashlee is no different from about 90% of any other music (including total corporate crap like Evanescense

Except that Amy Lee is an incredibly talented classically trained singer, and Ashlee Simpson probably couldn't get out a verse of Row Row Row Your Boat without losing her pitch.

Her crew just happened to screw up publically with her performance.

They "just happened" to play her lip sync track that she used instead of actually singing, you mean.

It's not like her contractual obligations give her any say in the direction of her career what-so-ever.

Yeah, they do. Her dad is her agent and the driving force behind her career. And nobody held a gun to her head and forced her to become a singer.

Ashlee is no different from about 90% of any other music (including total corporate crap like Green Day)

Whoa... Green Day is far from being "corporate crap". They've evolved from a really good pop-punk style band (in a good sense, not as in Good Charlotte style "pop-punk") to an incredible straight up rock band. If Green Day was "corporate crap, their last few albums would've just been rehashes of the Dookie formula. They've taken a lot of chances with their music which have resulted in a product that was not as commercially successful as Dookie but was sonically superior, culminating with what I feel is their best album (and it may top The Doors' Morrison Hotel for best ever), American Idiot.

Green Day>>>>>>>>>> all pop music, including Ashlee Simpson.

I personally can't stand Green Day, absolutely loathe their sound and their lyrics, but Matt's right, they're far from corporate mouthpieces. I still can't believe they got away with saying some of the stuff they did in American Idiot on the radio.

Green Day's about as good as a mainstream pop rock act gets these days. I'm not about to go buy the album, but they write good, straightforward pop songs (with the exception of "American Idiot," which was awful). Warning was just overflowing with hooks.