TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheOriginalOrangeGoblin

"The Documentary" - The Game

Now this is easily the most anticipated rap debut since Kanye and, amazingly, Game does not let us down. I loved 'Westside Story' but I didn't like 'How We Do' and a lot of his mixtape stuff was average so I wasn't sure what to expect from this but Game kills it delivering the best album off the Shady/Aftermath label since Get Rich or Die Trying(and I'd argue that Documentary is even better than 50's debut).

First off the production on this CD is some of the best I've heard in years. Outside of the expected Dre tracks, Game has gotten production from Just Blaze, Timbaland, Havoc(from Mobb Deep), Kanye West and Scott Storch, all of whom are excellent producers and some of the best in the business at the moment.

This CD also features some great guests spots(as expected) with 50 Cent bringing his best stuff since his last CD, Eminem spitting a verse better than most of his last CD, along with Nate Dogg, Tony Yayo, Mary J Blige and Busta Rhymes, all of whom bring the goods. 'We Aint' which features and is produced by Eminem features the funniest line of the whole CD as Game says:

"Yo get Dre on the phone quick, Em just killed me on my own shit"

This CD has only a few weak songs, the worst of which is, unsurprisingly, the single 'How We Do'(Lloyd Banks and Em released their CD's worst songs as singles as well).

As for the good, well it's real good. The best songs on this CD are 'The Documentary'(the hook by Game is amazing as he incorporates Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic, The Chronic, Doggystyle, Death Certificate, All Eyez On Me and Ready to Die - all classic rap albums in their own right), 'Start From Scratch', 'Like Father Like Son' and 'Hate It or Love It'. Although I'm sure that'll change as I listen to it again.

The one annoying thing about this album(which is a trend for everyone on Shady/Aftermath) is how much Game name drops other rappers. He does it a LOT and it gets repetitive but it's a small flaw in an otherwise excellent album.

****1/4 on first listen but could go up(or down) depending on replay value. And, for once, an album that not only lives up to but EXCEEDS the hype.

Only thing that made me not want to even think about buying his shit is when he admitted he was dissing Memphis Bleek for NO FUCKING REASON. No beef...no anything. just upped and started dissing dude to get buzz. I find that kinda shit annoying and a bitch ass way to try and get in the game(of course, 50 probably suggested it...he tried the same thing).

I like some of his mixtape stuff, but he is way to "I am GANGSTA" on those. I will probably check out the album eventually though, if nothing else to hear the production and some of the guest spots.

Only thing that made me not want to even think about buying his shit is when he admitted he was dissing Memphis Bleek for NO FUCKING REASON. No beef...no anything. just upped and started dissing dude to get buzz. I find that kinda shit annoying and a bitch ass way to try and get in the game(of course, 50 probably suggested it...he tried the same thing).

I never heard about that but considering 50's calling out and dissing Fat Joe and Jadakiss for reasons he couldn't even explain properly on Hot 97, I'm pretty sure I know where Game gets the idea to diss for no reason.

The Game is so fake. I can't stand that guy. Anyone remember when he was on Love Connection a few years ago with blonde hair and a tounge ring?

I remember Joe Buddens mentioned that. And at that point, no matter who had the better lyrics in their battle...Game Lost.

I might check this out as well, eventhough im getting tired of hearing about the Interscope crew all the time. Who's next Status Quo?

I am still trying to figure out who he got a picture of having sex with another guy or something to get signed, cause Stat Quo sucks. Seriously....I mean, I understand d-12...they were friends with em. And some people seem to think that Young Buck actually has talent.

But DAMN. WHO thinks this dude is hot?

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I think 50 dissing Fat Joe and Jadakiss is probably because they did a song with Ja-Rule which is fucking childish. People need to act like grown men instead of petty little kids.

I think 50 dissing Fat Joe and Jadakiss is probably because they did a song with Ja-Rule which is fucking childish. People need to act like grown men instead of petty little kids.

Yeah, but it is thought that Supreme(dude that fronted Murda Inc the money to get started) might have had something to do with 50 Cents moms getting killed. I mean if you are gonna hold a grudge....

And as for pictures of Game on Change of Heart, Interscope bought the rights to that episode and destroyed it, so basically the only hope of having it is someone recorded the show on its first airing. Game said that he only did the show because they were paying 500 bucks to do it and he needed the money(odd, for someone who was apparently "moving bricks" at the time, huh) and that he didn't even know the girl. But according to Joe, he was all teary eyed when the girl had a change of heart. I need to see it too, stat!!

Yeah, I want to see that too. I might've seen that episode and didn't realized it was him. Well, 50 dissed Shyne for doing a song with Murder Inc and turn down signing with G-Unit so yeah i'd say 50 is petty.

Yeah, but it is thought that Supreme(dude that fronted Murda Inc the money to get started) might have had something to do with 50 Cents moms getting killed. I mean if you are gonna hold a grudge....

That is what I heard.

I never heard this. It's also possible that rappers arn't fully informed about/don't care about 50 Cent's personal life/history/beefs and want to be able to eat. Also 50's not the only one who I was talking about in that statement.

50 Cent's Massacre Continues: Jadakiss Targeted In XXL

The first part of 50 Cent's hyped "massacre" is starting to take shape.

On his new mixtape, G-Unit Radio Part 10: 2050 (Before the Massacre), he takes aim again at Murder Inc. with a record called "I'm a Animal." There's also the still-unreleased "Piggy Bank," which disses Ja Rule, Nas, Kelis, Jadakiss and Fat Joe (see "Mixtape Monday: 50's Got Game Again; Cassidy Hustles With Jay-Z"). Now, in the next issue of XXL, 50 gives his enemies a serious tongue-lashing. He appears on the cover dressed in a suit and holding a crossbow. In the pages, he spits fire.

"I'm responding to the actions of others," 50 is quoted as saying about the anger he's unleashing on wax. "I'm not actually starting it. When they are in their articles, they say 'F--- 50' off the record. But they won't say it to my face. And the difference between them and me is I don't have a problem saying f--- them in front of them."

During the interview, Jadakiss catches the brunt of 50's verbal barbs. 50 brushes off the D-Block captain as no competition for him.

"When you can't break a million records, and you call yourself going platinum ... I know your numbers is 800 [thousand] and change, and you can't get over that hump?" 50 says. "And you haven't put out a record with your voice on the chorus? He's a great rapper, but he's not a great songwriter. I got artists under me that are better than him."

In the mother of all ironies, one rapper 50 says he wouldn't mind having in the G-Unit fold is arch nemesis Ja Rule.

"I might sign Ja Rule when he's done at Murder Inc.," 50 tells the magazine. "After I destroy him, I'll rebuild him. Because he never was strong enough to individually go against me. He needs the support of everyone else to try to attempt that. And they should have been smart enough to tell him not to directly go against me."

And if you're wondering if 50 has any qualms about beefing because of his mentor Eminem's beef-squashing stance in "Like Toy Soldiers" ("Eminem Hangs Up Beef, Refuses To Be A Pawn"), the Queens native doesn't let on that he's second guessing himself.

"I don't think Em is realistic," 50 tells the magazine. "On certain levels, he's being logical. Anybody, like I said, would want to avoid those type of situations. Em's seeing if it's possible to not have these issues. Why? Because he makes hit records."

A few weeks ago, 50 had a couple of other interview outbursts. Then, it was on New York radio station Hot 97, where he said he felt Fat Joe had been subliminally dissing him for quite some time now and that he felt since Joe and Jadakiss appeared on the song "New York" with Ja Rule, they were co-signing what he perceived as disses toward him on that record.

On Wednesday after "TRL," Ja smirked at 50's actions.

"He's a clown," Ja said in the green room. "He's a baby. Grow up, baby! What, this n---a think the world revolves around him? Let's be serious. He's digging himself a grave."

50's St. Valentine's Day Massacre is due March 8. The March issue of XXL with 50 on the cover comes out the first week of February.

— Shaheem Reid

For The Record: Quick News On 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Q-Tip, Mudvayne, Ivy & More

Looks like 50 Cent is at it again. The G-Unit honcho was on Funkmaster Flex's radio show in New York on Wednesday night, taking aim at Ja Rule, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, Nas and Kelis. 50 said he has a

track titled "Piggyback" that addresses his beefs with all of the aforementioned artists, adding that he took particular offense to Fat Joe and Jadakiss' support of Ja Rule on the hit single "New York." "They co-signed that one," said 50. "Even people who were on the outskirts, like, 'Nah, I don't want no part of it' and 'Y'all need to just chill' — they have cameos [in the video,] saying, 'I'm from New York!' " He also accused Nas of making anti-G-Unit statements at his free show in New York's Central Park this summer. There's no word on whether the song will be on his forthcoming St. Valentine's Day Massacre, due March 8. ...

Actually the Ja-Rule song in question has alot of thinly veiled shots at G-Unit.

Game is terrible and just getting a break because of his connections and affiliations.

And he does that GGG-GizzleGG- G u-NIT thing better than the rest of them.

Guest theanswer1824

after hearing the album last night, i'll be quick with it: production is good and the game can rap but please DON'T NAME DROP all the time. I could of sworn I heard Dre, 50, and Em's named shouted out a bunch of times over each song. Not as good as the past g-unit releases but it is what it is...

after hearing the album last night, i'll be quick with it: production is good and the game can rap but please DON'T NAME DROP all the time. I could of sworn I heard Dre, 50, and Em's named shouted out a bunch of times over each song. Not as good as the past g-unit releases but it is what it is...

If you mean Young Buck and Lloyd Banks album, i can name a Britney Spears album i would rather listen to.

I still think Banks has potential out of all them, he needs to leave G-Unit. G-Unit is like No Limit, they keep signing new people while someone on label comes out with a new album every month.

I still think Banks has potential out of all them, he needs to leave G-Unit. G-Unit is like No Limit, they keep signing new people while someone on label comes out with a new album every month.

I will get Yayo's album though. To hell with the rest of them.

I will get Yayo's album though. To hell with the rest of them.

Fuck Yayo, he's the Jim Jones of G-Unit. He might come up clever lines every now and then but he just talks more than he raps.

I caught the tail end of 106 and Park yesterday, and 50 and Game were performing "How We Do." I was impressed with Game's live delivery--no problems with breath control or sounding absolutely flat like so many MCs do when they're not studio-edited--but he's still nothing special to me.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

50 dissin' Nas?

There ain't no justice in this world.