• TSM has a content site?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
i'd so more or less embarrassing for everyone involved

What the fuck does that even mean?

so = say

did I touch a nerve?

I dunno, but it sucked. I think he was trying to say he's above giving a second thought to Internet drama even though he put in a solid three years of work to "establish" himself on these boards. ;)

As for the site itself, everything's been said. I think it's really lackluster and for the most part, there are a few constant contributors with a lot of people making cameos (reminds me of a place I used to post at).

I've always thought that layout was extremely bland and uninticing. It's not all about the content. You've gotta have a good look to draw people in. The content will keep them here.

While I've got no beef with any of the staff, I have to say that there's not a whole lot that makes any of them really unique. Some have really good stuff, but a great deal of the columns I've read have been so paint-by-numbers that I wonder why I should read it here when it can be read hundreds of other places?

With the Dames thing, his absences are expected. The man uprooted and basically started an entirely new life in a new place. Surely people didn't think that a message board and connected website were going to remain top priorities for him. It's because of this that I never got why he didn't just do a change of ownership. If you can only make brief appearances every so often, then maybe it's time to let go.

And while I wouldn't say Dames was all about himself when it came to the site, I have to admit that I got discouraged at times when I'd submit something and it'd be buried near the bottom of the page or even to the next page because of all the pinned articles that rested atop the main page. Some articles deserved to be there, but I thought some pieces were pinned up there undeservingly so and for too long. That usually created a look that suggested no new content had been added, either.

I just think you guys need to figure out who's going to do what. Believe me; these big visions rarely work out the way you expect them to. Whether it's because of taking on too much or just being unrealistic in your goals, that's usually how it goes. I'd say that before any changes are made, the head guys need to get together and create a collective vision for the site. Even then, it's going to be a tough road, since people are so unreliable that you can never really bank on everyone coming through with their assigned position.

I dunno, but it sucked. I think he was trying to say he's above giving a second thought to Internet drama even though he put in a solid three years of work to "establish" himself on these boards. ;)

are you writing my biography?

Certainly wouldn't make for a very interesting read if I were.

my puny heart is breaking

Guest Contentious C

If nothing else the optical effect is fun - concentric boxes forever!

If nothing else the optical effect is fun - concentric boxes forever!

Now this thread is great

Guest Contentious C

"Goes down"?

Like the anemic poll answer didn't position it low enough already?

The discussion that resulted from it was useful, moron/

Why must you call names?

I find it funny that nikjohns calls someone a moron and then screws up typing on his keyboard.

Or that everyone who called Dames out has seemed to back off since he responded.

Good times

I find it funny that nikjohns calls someone a moron and then screws up typing on his keyboard.

Or that everyone who called Dames out has seemed to back off since he responded.

Good times

Starting off a retort with an LOL TYPO attack pretty much disqualifies you.

Further to that, you don't know what they're doing on AIM or the staff folder, so promptly fuck off.

Or maybe the cases that needed to be made were made so all that's left for this thread is for the HD idiots and the sycophants to mop up.

the HD idiots and the sycophants

Somebody called me?

Oh, and on the subject of nikjohns vs. CC: this ain't a case of an unarmed man entering a battle of wits... it's more like a paraplegic trying to kick Igor Voychanchin's ass.