TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HarleyQuinn

NFC Vikings vs Eagles

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I don't think Randy Moss cares very much.

Randy doesn't like the idea of playoffs because then he has to play more games.

No shit. That guy needs to be traded. I couldn't see how any team would want him. He just seems to suck the life out of everyone.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Vikings at Eagles (1:00 PM, Fox): The Vikings are coming off a solid and important win in Green Bay. They were 2-20 in their previous 22 outdoor games, but won a big one at frigid Lambeau Field. They’ll be facing similar weather conditions again this weekend. The Eagles are obviously without WR Terrell Owens, and their offense hasn’t played a complete, meaningful game of football in six weeks. Hanging over their heads is the spectre of having lost the last three NFC Championship games. Their depleted receiving corps gets a boost from the absence of Minnesota SS Corey Chavous, out with a broken arm. The Vikings defense showed it was opportunistic against the Packers, though I don’t expect Donovan McNabb to throw up the silly passes Brett Favre did. I just don’t trust the Eagles’ offense enough without Owens to go with them in this one. This is the same offense that hasn’t gotten it done the last three years, and while the Vikings are not a strong defensive team, they can certainly outscore the Eagles. Prediction: Vikings 24, Eagles 20.

Hi, my name is Tom Fowler. I don't know shit from shinola.

So if Philly loses next week - what would be worse - Bills losing 4 straight Super Bowls, or Eagles losing 4 straight championship games?

Philly.

Cause Buffalo at least got there and no one really expected them to beat the Redskins or Cowboys anyway.

Meanwhile, no one can think of any reason why Philly shouldn't have been in the Super Bowl three times.

I think it'd be worse than The Bills mainly because at least they won the AFC and made it to the big dance. The Eagles have been on the outside just looking in for 3 years.

We won't lose another one. The Falcons won't handle us, I'm confident.

Especially next week would be a real stunner if they lose, because I really believe they can beat the Falcons. They've done really well against Dunn in the past and I think Vick is beatable in an environment that he'll be in next week.

BTW Dama who's that in your avatar now? Rhett Bomar?

Guest Vitamin X

You know, the most idiotic theme you'd hear throughout the week is "Well, the Eagles haven't played a meaningful game in almost a month!" as if to say that outside of those 60 minutes on Sunday, players were on vacation, lounging around, not working out, not going to practice, not worrying about gameplanning till that very week.

And nothing tops the Bills losing 4 straight Super Bowls. Nothing like consistently finishing as the #2 team in the league.

Especially next week would be a real stunner if they lose, because I really believe they can beat the Falcons. They've done really well against Dunn in the past and I think Vick is beatable in an environment that he'll be in next week.

BTW Dama who's that in your avatar now? Rhett Bomar?

Yeah that's Rhett Bomar. I don't think he's starting next season though, that's Paul Thompsons job. I just say I dunno what to think b/c from what I understand he's really cocky and overconfident.

Anyways that's neither here nor there. That's a story for next season.

I'm still understanding why people say the Eagles choked last year. I mean sure they did the previous two years. But there main offensive weapon(McNabb) was injured at the beginning of the game and couldn't really play at all even though he tried.

Getting thrown around by Ricky Manning Jr.?!? A close loss where they tried but couldn't pull it out, then I would just say Carolina was better and that's that. But they got thrown around all game, which is inexcusable. Plus they played stupid, with receivers breaking off routes left and right, which led to a couple of the picks.

I remember watching that game and wondering why Reid wasn't running the ball more in the second half when Martz was in the middle of his brain fart refusing to run the ball with Faulk. However, Buckhalter was hurt in the second half and he had been gashing the Rams defense before his injury.

I also wouldn't really call that a chokejob considering the Eagles were nearly 17 point underdogs in that game and still almost won considering Troy Vincent was hurt and they were in the dome, where the Rams were killing teams.

I don't listen to the oddsmakers. The Rams were not anywhere near good enough that they should have been 17 point favourites and then huge favourites over New England.

They also had Oakland as strong favourites over Tampa Bay, and that was the most predictable Super Bowl since Denver/Atlanta. No way was Tampa losing that game the way that their defense was playing.

OK, I can pretty much guarantee that the Eagles are losing next week. Not quite to the point that I'll request to be banned if they win, but I'm really, really confident about it.

Dama, they got physically dominated, in their home stadium, in their third straight NFC title game. That is a choke job.

Yeah but they pretty much did it without their team leader and QB. McNabb was the offense at that point and they didn't have him there.

The game might've been different had he not gotten injured.