TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

PROMO: Calling Card

“Mr. Maddix?”

Landon turns, half-expecting to see yet another autograph hunter. Instead it is the lobby clerk calling his name and waving an envelope. Confused, Landon takes it from the beaming, bespectacled man.

“What’s this?” he asks as he fishes in his pocket for his keys.

“Mail arrived for you just now,” the clerk replies, then his beam fades slightly as Landon looks up sharply.

“Just now?” Landon says. “But how did anyone know I’m here?”

“Well sir, this hotel is often used by the SWF when they come to town,” the clerk says, “but obviously we don’t advertise which wrestlers are staying here. Maybe someone saw you coming or going, or just decided to try on the off-chance?” Seeing Landon still looking at the envelope curiously, the clerk decides to try some slightly more practical advice. “Why don’t you open it and find out?”

“What? Oh… yeah…” Landon mutters, and tears at the paper. He pulls out a sombre card, and both men read the words ‘Condolences on your recent loss’.

“Oh my word…” the clerk mutters, suddenly embarrassed. “I’m so sorry Mr. Maddix… I had no idea you were recently bereaved…”

“I’m not,” Maddix snaps shortly, and opens the card. Inside, instead of the usual heartfelt message there are simply photos that seem to have been printed out from the SWF website. One is of Toxxic with the World Title over his shoulder, and beneath it has been written ‘Toxxic - World Champion (19 days/93 days)’. The other is a close-up of Landon’s face moments after he tapped to Sacred on Storm, with the caption ‘Landon Maddix - World Champion (24 days)’. Beneath both pictures, written in thick marker pen, are some damning but familiar words:

‘CHEAP IMITATION OF ME’

For a moment Landon just stares at the card. Then, with a convulsive movement, he rips it in half and chucks it in the general direction of a nearby trashcan. It doesn’t go in, but Landon has already stormed off towards the stairs.

Well, it IS what I was calling Maddix in the run-up to him whipping my arse at Slay Ride. What were you expecting, me to be a good loser? :P

I also remember when I gave Danny Williams a welcome-back card which had a picture of him receiving the Va'aiga Stinger on the front...

Yup, I'm a bastard. Sorry Landon.

Excellent stuff. Just a simple, assholish way of getting to someone. Reminds me of all the stuff Ejiro used to do: Childish, kinda stupid, but that's why it got to people.

And the Bowers family doesn't appreciate the Christmas cards you sent. :angry:

And the Bowers family doesn't appreciate the Christmas cards you sent. :angry:

Hey, I'm still waiting for you to come back with your real wrestler and try and exact revenge! Cos yeah, I don't have enough to do at the moment...

That's a beautiful promo. Straight to the point and very manipulative, it gets the animosity across excellently, while not using many words. (Y)

You're not a cheap imitation of me - you're the bastard child of Keanu Reeves and Eric Bischoff, remember? That description only came about because that's what you (purely accidentally) looked like when i created Johnny on Here Comes The Pain.

Nah... you'd have got a card, if you'd hung around long enough after Genesis to have a postal address...

I was referring to you not hanging around AFTER you no-showed the main event of the biggest show of all time...

...sunshine :D