TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ISportsFan

Against All Odds card

I think this includes spoilers from the next 2 weeks. This is from wrestlingobserver.com.

*Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash for NWA title

*Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy in a TLC match

*A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in an Iron Man match for the X title

*AMW vs. Kid Kash & Dallas for the tag titles

*Dustin Rhodes vs. Raven

*Road Dogg & Jeff Hammond vs. Michael Shane & Frankie Kazarian

*DDP vs. Scott Hall (added late)

AMW v. Kash and Dallas looks pretty good, and the X title match looks awesome.

Jason

If Nash wins the title...... If Jarrett retains the title...... Lose/Lose situation here.

I'll be interested in Hardy/Abyss.

Daniels and Styles in an iron man match should be awesome.

AMW vs Kash and Dallas.. they should get a real feud going.. you know, instead of beating a different team every month.

Dustin vs Raven might be an okay brawl..

Road Dogg & Jeff Hammond vs. Michael Shane & Frankie Kazarian --- Who cares?

This is actually a pretty decent card.

*Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash for NWA title

THIS I have problems with. By all rights it should be Jarrett v. Brown with Brown finally going over for the title.

*Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy in a TLC match

Could be interesting. It has potential if Abyss can pull a good match out of Hardy.

*A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in an Iron Man match for the X title

If you care about workrate in the slightest, than this match is reason enough to order the PPV.

*AMW vs. Kid Kash & Dallas for the tag titles

Has solid potential if they build it up in the next couple weeks on Impact.

*Dustin Rhodes vs. Raven

I'm going to put faith in Raven's ability to pull out good brawls. If they go crazy here, this could be worth it.

*Road Dogg & Jeff Hammond vs. Michael Shane & Frankie Kazarian

Who the fuck is Jeff Hammond? Eh, it's got Dogg in it, so at least the crowd will be hot.

Guest LooneyTune

Sounds good... minus the main event. KEVIN FUCKING NASH? Daniels/Styles should be awesome with 30 minutes.

Guest netslob
FINGER POKE OF DOOM.

that's actually not a bad idea...except this time, Nash pretends to play along, but then rolls ups Jarrett for the pin. he then goes on to lose it to Monty Brown (a long shot, i know, Nash actually JOBBING).

Hmmm, I'm definitely skeptical of a Jarrett/Nash main event. I don't see how they wouldn't do a Jarrett/Brown rematch, then again Monty is not booked yet in this early lineup, so maybe there's more coming. Nash did practically nothing at Final Resolution so I can't see how they expect him to work a full blown title match, so there's probably more coming. I'll wait to pass judgement.

But oh man, Styles/Daniels iron man match!?! That's salivatingly good and pretty much justifies an order right there. Abyss/Hardy TLC and AMW/KashDallas should be good too and even Raven vs. Dustin could be a good match.

I need to see what they do with Monty though. I don't see how they can't give him a rematch....

In Kayfabe: He lost the match, and thus isn't #1 Contender. Sorry Slapnuts. :)

OK, but in "real life" Nash is practically a cripple who can barely bump. They can't possibly expect him to hold up his end in a main event title match and Monty Brown coming off a main even is not announced yet on the card. This leaves room over the next couple tapings for the match to be expanded. At least I should hope. If not, even I, a "TNA shill" will not be happy at all with the chosen main even. But the solid undercard probably still sells it to me.

Guest LooneyTune

I would buy just for the undercard too. I can just turn the show off before the main event, like with Summerslam 2002 (me Boycotting Brock's main event push).

Road Dogg? You mean BG James?

Copied it straight from WO.com, I didn't think to change anything.

And to add on to what others had to say (in addition to my praise of the two underlevel title matches), Abyss and Hardy could be decent or could be a complete trainwreck.

Jason

Guest LooneyTune

Abyss' best matches are with smaller guys, and he bumps pretty good for a guy his size. As long as Hardy isn't drugged out of his mind, I see it being a good match.

I just read in the Observer today that (and this was written before Final Resolution) that even days before the show, they were still considering even doing Nash v. Jarrett at the show last Sunday, as Rhodes has it in his head that 1) Brown is neither a draw nor ready for the spot (even though he was penciled in to take the title months ago, fucking politics) and furthermore 2) that Jarrett-Nash is the only potential draw of a main event match for TNA right now. I can't believe Rhodes can be this dense but it could be likely that Jeff and his poltical allies (Mantel, Bob Ryder, etc) have just worked hard on breaking down Rhodes to believe their vision of the future of this company. Lord knows there are too many personalities in the back stage though who cant make up their mind and talk out of both sides of their mouth (look at the shit with Abyss and how he's already back when they claimed there was no way he was returning) so maybe something will change here.

With that said, all the hope I have for Rhodes as booker at this current time, and even after a great ppv, has significantly dropped. What the fuck is him and TNA as a whole thinking? This sounds like a sick joke - like Rhodes is on the WWE payroll or something and is trying to kill off the main thing they claim to be concerned about - the world title picture.

I already saw this on the wall but didnt want to admit it after the good showing Brown was given at the ppv - I thought TNA would reconsider the plan for going to Jarrett-Nash. He passed the test in my eyes in having yet another good match with Jarrett and needs the title NOW. Things could change at the next TV taping though, and lets just hope thats the case. They need to just book Nash-Jarrett on Impact before the ppv and blow it off, leading to something else at the ppv - like a King of the Mountain match with Nash, Hall, DDP, Brown, Killings, and Jarrett.

Nash-Jarrett is HORRIBLE - even worse than that potential Savage-Jarrett match sounded. Why are they either doing a heel/heel main event or even bothering to turn a stale Nash? WTF!! Wasnt this feud bad enough back in the 2000 WCW? Why does TNA want to go back to a flashback of that??!! (Insert obvious analogy here about WCW 2000 = 2005 TNA)

Can you tell I'm pissed? This is just sad because once again, TNA is going to get shit on horribly (and rightfully so) for the main event to a lineup that generally sounds pretty strong, especially with a Styles-Daniels Ironman match booked. My assumption is that if the main event isnt changed, they will probably do Monty Brown v. someone from Team Canada - oh joy.

Shit like this makes me want to start a rally to get everyone to flood any email addresses that the TNA website has for feedback to any of the main people working the office to express the displeasure with what they are doing here. Chances are they might smarten up after Nash-Jarrett for the next ppv and finally give Brown a title run, but they're ruining something huge by not following up on Monty Brown's title chase NOW. This reminds me SO MUCH of the BS with misusing Raven after his chase for Jarrett's belt. This move reeks of either extreme politicing with Jarrett/Mantel and Co. (can Jerry Jarrett please step in and try to save this company before his son completely kills it?) or else Rhodes really has no clue what he's doing. Nash OR Jarrett are NOT a draw! Nobody is when you are only pulling .15 a week for Impact. Their best bet is to take a chance (before its too late) and try to make NEW stars. Seems too obvious...

You should have never made those comments in the first place.

I'll order if it turns out to be Brown/Jarrett II in the main event, and if I have an extra $30 lying around.

... I take back my comments about Dusty Rhodes being smart.

So do I!

In looking more deeply at this card....

Raven v. Rhodes - Raven is very quickly becoming a non factor in the company and nothing more than a glorified jobber. This match does zero for me as the finish seems obvious with Rhodes getting another win, continuing this obvious push of his with him being the booker's son. This does nothing to serve Raven at all. TNA would be better off continuing the feud with Rhodes and Kash next month with a gimmick match (bullrope?) to help get over both guys more by establishing a heated program, instead of blowing it off after one solid match. With Raven, why don't they go ahead and do that feud with Piper that got nixed so many years ago? Or even put him against Candido or something - anything but this?!!

On that same note....

Tag title match AMW v. Kash/Dallas - I think I saw this match before a few times on the weekly ppvs and I was certainly not impressed. There are more than enough other tag teams in TNA to give someone else a shot, or at worst perhaps a surprise tag team to go with that whole deal with Traci and Trinity.

BTW, on a side note - one of those teams that the girls are bringing in are Ron and Don Harris - UGH! They still arent sure on the other one but having the Harris Boys back makes me sick enough to give a shit less about the other one.

On another side note, a long term plan is to turn AMW heel and turn Shane/Kazarian face, not sure if thats at the same time, but they are supposed to be feuding soon.

DDP v. Hall is pointless fodder.

As far as the rest of the card, I really dont see the interest personally in having Jeff Hammond wrestle, but I think they expect it to draw some NASCAR fans into the ppv, which is possible.

TLC match and Ironman matches will once again be the (hopefully) saving graces of this ppv to make it either be mostly solid or otherwise. Hardy has a huge test here to show if he still has any sort of workrate at all in a TLC match with a guy who will surely bump like a champ for him as long as Hardy can hold his own.

There is more potential on this lineup though, than any other monthly ppv they've done, for failure from looking at it. They could and probably will add another couple of matches with X division guys (maybe Skipper v. Sabin?) but it's still hard to swallow this.

It's amazing how TNA can deliver so well just days ago and then produce these results for the future month. Just very sad.

RedJed, you again mirror my thoughts! This announcement pisses me off so much because I want TNA to suceed and be accepted around here and by internet fans in general, yet by throwing a stinker like Jarett/Nash at us they do nothing to earn them good will and overshadow people from seeing what looks like an excellent undercard. I'm hoping with Brown not yet booked and plenty of time between now and the show that things will be reconsidered...

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the fact, yet, that Jarrett & Nash as main eventers did nothing for, and helped facilitate the demise of, WCW. That was back in 2000 / 2001.

It's been 4 years, you'd think someone would have learned a lesson.

One can only hope that main event goes the way of Savage/Jarrett. Even an idiot should be able to figure out to follow up on Jarrett/Brown, but i guess 'idiot' is giving TNA's booking too much credit. If anything that main event will probably turn people away, when the Iron Man match, building up to Jarrett/Brown and pulling the trigger on the title change and a solid undercard would probably get people to order.

Well, look on the bright side. The last time Nash wrestled Jarrett on PPV, it featured the Goldberg heel turn - the moment that changed the face of wrestling forever! Let's hope that something as earth-shattering as that takes place at the next TNA pay-per-view. It's doubtful, I know, but keep in mind, whatever happens, there will be nothing Vince McMahon can do about it.

If that is the card, I'm not buying this one either.

I'll be buying... not the best main event.. but It couldda been worse with Savage, thats for sure.

Hopefully they dont forget about 4 of their saving graces from last PPV(Williams, Roode, Young, Sabin)... make a 3 way Tag Team Match for #1 Contendership.. or something involving Team Canada and the Naturals and possibly Siaki and Johnny B. Badd.

Elix Skipper, Petey Williams, Chris Sabin, and Chris Candido... BETTER be on this card. They all deserve to be. Maybe in a 3 way... , that would be great..

But for some reason I just see TNA adding these two matches.

Petey Williams v. Monty Brown

Chris Sabin v. Chris Candido

they may however do it like this...

Chris Sabin and Elix Skipper v. Petey Williams and Chris Candido

Monty Brown v. Bobby Roode

Team Canada (Devine/Young) v. The Naturals v. Siaki and Badd.

Both matches could be good.. and maybe they could let Williams beat Brown, because Williams main eventing is better in my mind:)!!... I sure as hell hope they dont let Monty Brown squash Bobby Roode.. because Roode is a definite future star.

I would buy just for the undercard too. I can just turn the show off before the main event, like with Summerslam 2002 (me Boycotting Brock's main event push).

That doesn't really make a difference you know? Once you've paid, you've paid. End of story.

Guest LooneyTune

Yeah, I know, but I don't have to watch it. Like buying a crappy WCW PPV. A few good matches on the undercard, but stop before the main event.

Guest LooneyTune

Odds are 30 minutes, like when WCW did them in 1991-92. 60 minutes for midcarders on a show with 8 matches? Highly unlikely.