TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just call me Dan

Can anyone tell me

Guest Just call me Dan

I rememebr his first match on Thunder, "EL Vampiro" comes otu, un over, weird looking, no face paint, looked like your regular old jobber.

This guy got over real quick though.  He was so damn intriguing.  Sure his feud with Sting was crap because of the overbooked shit Russo pumped out, but I thought the bastard could work!

He can bump, he got over Big time, he was a nice up and comer.

Why in the hell would he not be signed by the WWE?  Are tey too good for Vampiro? Fuck no, Vamp could have been a next-gen Taker type guy and it sucks I won't get to see him on my TV but I am stuck with Henry, Rikishi, Xpac, Bradshaw and Goldust. Fuck!

Guest dreamer420

I liked him a lot in WCW too.  His feud with Jeff Jarrett for the US Title was great and then he got mixed up with the Demon, Muta, and the ICP.  Big mistake.  After WCW ended I was hoping he would be someone that the wwe would be interested in but I guess not.

Guest buffybeast

Vampiro is not all that.  He's not special.  Sure he can work.  But he is not that big, his look is not good, and his character is rather one dimensional.

The WWF really doesn't need him, IMO.

Guest Just call me Dan

But they should push the hell out of Albert right?!?!

Guest dreamer420

Excellent point Dan.  Vampiro has more talent in him then Albert, Rikishi, and Nash have put together.  Plus he had a wicked look and got himself over so fast, much like RVD did upon entering the wwe.

Guest Just call me Dan

Thanks.  I never meant this post as a Vampiro is God, he could outwrestle Benoit and Angle at the same time and should be Champ! Thread.

It just pisses me off that a guy came out of nowhere who has been around a while, was a company man ( before the powerbomb) and had a marketable look and moveset wasn't even contacted to my knowledge.

His character and enigma would be a great IC title contender mix and he'd be a lot more fun to watch even on Metal than Bossman, Xpac, Rikishi, Goldust, Albert, Henry, Bradshaw, Farooq, etc.

Guest J*ingus

But it's been said that Vampiro has a horrible attitude though, is untrustworthy, whiney, a complete prick backstage, so forth and so on.  Pretty much everyone who knows him have said stuff like that, I remember specifically Konnan, Eddie Guerrero, and Jerry Only burying him in interviews.

I know he hurt his knee a while back while wrestling in Mexico he worked a few XPW matches but i haven't heard about him in a while the knee thing might have been serious cuz i don't even know if he's wrestling in Mexico anymore

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Vampiro is not all that.  He's not special.  Sure he can work.  But he is not that big, his look is not good, and his character is rather one dimensional.

The WWF really doesn't need him, IMO.

I'm sorry but Vampiro doesn't have a good look? Maybe you would perfer him to grow some fur and cover himself in body oil.

He has a great look, he was a very good worker and was before his heel turn on Sting one of the most over wrestlers in the fed.

Guest razazteca

has anybody seen Vampiro's new look?  When he was in Mexico last month he had pink hair with a buzz cut.

Guest buffybeast
Excellent point Dan.  Vampiro has more talent in him then Albert, Rikishi, and Nash have put together.  Plus he had a wicked look and got himself over so fast, much like RVD did upon entering the wwe.

It's not all about talent, guys.  Let us not forget that wrestling is also show business.

Vampiro, for all his talents, is relatively small and his look limits how one could market him to the general public.  I think Albert and Rikishi, for all of their faults, are more marketable than Vampiro would be.

Guest muzanisa

His wife is reportedly very ill and as she comes from Mexico he is wrestling in that area.

He is meant to have a very bad attitude and had that whole thing with quitting and joining the ICP last year, so why put another cancer in the locker room?

He was told by the WWF that he wasn't wanted in the dying days of WCW and since then has done nothing except start in feuds and then no-show.

I actually liked him in WCW but he sounds like a borderline Warrior to me. Still if his wife gets better he might be able to concentrate on the business more as right now I'm sure he's got more important things on his mind.

Guest converge241

Vampiro is one of my favorites.. i would never argue that he is a sreat wresltler or anything like that.. i just like him..i would love to see him w/raven in the WWE..with a push that is

Guest nl5xsk1
But it's been said that Vampiro has a horrible attitude though, is untrustworthy, whiney, a complete prick backstage, so forth and so on.  Pretty much everyone who knows him have said stuff like that, I remember specifically Konnan, Eddie Guerrero, and Jerry Only burying him in interviews.

Konnan and Vampiro had real-heat from their days in Mexico ... to the point of HBK-Bret Hart heat.  So I can see why Konnan would bury him.  Plus, Konnan is sure turning down the WWe left and right, so I don't think that his opinion on Vampiro carries much weight in Connecticut.

Jerry Only's heat with Vampiro was more because of their attempt at collaborating at music, and as much of a Misfits mark as I might be, I don't really care what Jerry thinks of Vampiro.  And I'm guessing that VKM cares even less than I do.

Eddie ... he might have legitimate reasons to bury Vampiro; I don't know.

Guest Just call me Dan

Dammit I guess I just miss WCW, good or bad. As it's own comapny.

Guest TheMikeSC

I rememebr his first match on Thunder, "EL Vampiro" comes otu, un over, weird looking, no face paint, looked like your regular old jobber.

This guy got over real quick though.  He was so damn intriguing.  Sure his feud with Sting was crap because of the overbooked shit Russo pumped out, but I thought the bastard could work!

He can bump, he got over Big time, he was a nice up and comer.

Why in the hell would he not be signed by the WWE?  Are tey too good for Vampiro? Fuck no, Vamp could have been a next-gen Taker type guy and it sucks I won't get to see him on my TV but I am stuck with Henry, Rikishi, Xpac, Bradshaw and Goldust. Fuck! >>>

Hmm, let's LIST the reasons why he's not there:

1) Only slightly less reliable than Sid: Let's not forget he "quit" WCW to go touring with friggin' ICP. He threatened to quit WCW on an almost weekly basis back in 2000.

2) His matches sucked. Does the WWE need MORE crap workers?

3) His mic skills sucked.

4) He wasn't that over. When compared to the dregs of humanity that was WCW's non-CW roster in 2000, he was COMPARATIVELY over---but whern compared to ACTUAL workers, he'd generate heat so weak that Test would mock him.

5) He is injury prone. Let's combine the trifecta of crap work, flakiness, AND a proclivity for injury and you have the prototypical guy who is in a business he has NO place being in.

6) Does ANYBODY in the biz like the guy? We know Konnan loathes him---but I've not heard ANYBODY in the biz praise the guy. He sure doesn't make friends.

-=Mike

...Vamp Hating since, well, I first saw his overrated BUTT.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly
1) Only slightly less reliable than Sid: Let's not forget he "quit" WCW to go touring with friggin' ICP. He threatened to quit WCW on an almost weekly basis back in 2000.

2) His matches sucked. Does the WWE need MORE crap workers?

3) His mic skills sucked.

4) He wasn't that over. When compared to the dregs of humanity that was WCW's non-CW roster in 2000, he was COMPARATIVELY over---but whern compared to ACTUAL workers, he'd generate heat so weak that Test would mock him.

5) He is injury prone. Let's combine the trifecta of crap work, flakiness, AND a proclivity for injury and you have the prototypical guy who is in a business he has NO place being in.

6) Does ANYBODY in the biz like the guy? We know Konnan loathes him---but I've not heard ANYBODY in the biz praise the guy. He sure doesn't make friends.

He wears face paint though!!

Guest Just call me Dan

I see some reason and yeah a lot of what you said was true, but I really liked the guy and I was basically saying how I think it would be cool to have someone like him instead of the shit on WWE right now.  Yeah, at this moment he's probably total crap, with ICP and all that, but I personally thought he had a pretty strong character and was entertaining back around his face run.

Guest dreamer420

Who gives two craps about what Konnan thinks?  Vampiro was first joined up with the Misfits in WCW and soon after the Misfits fucked off, then the Dark Carnival was formed I think.  It was Vampiro, ICP, Muta, and the Demon, and together that group sucked.  Vampiro was a much better talent when he was more of a loner back when he first came into WCW.

Saw Vamp on the Warped tour last year, yeah the Punk festival.  He was awesome, and all the punks were popping for him, so I believe he is marketable, certainly more so that freaking Albert, a generic big guy.  Vamp can work and he isnt that small, dude looked big up close to me at least, he is definetly bigger than the cruiserweights.

What was with Vampiro and making music? Did he ever even record an album?

Vampiro = whining pussy who I hope I never have to see again

Guest dreamer420

I know he is really into music and was thinking about recording an album back in his WCW days.