TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

Bret Hart to TNA?

Yea, just a 'theory' I guess. Doubt it's the case, but still. Decided to check the TNA site since I hadn't been there so long, and saw the Against all Odds logo. If Bret Hart ever was to become a part of the TNA roster, it'd be the perfect logo.

aao_main.jpg

Not only does it look like his logo..

b.jpg

But it has a heart (hart) in the middle, which I just thought was, interesting. Once again, just 'speculation' and I doubt it will happen, (I'm not even a Hart fan), but thought I'd bring it up. ;)

Well, the logo would make it perfect for sure. But there is no reason for him to show up and it's not like he helped that one fed.

I think we are more likely to see Hitman show up for the WWE Hall of Fame than in TNA.

Guest ShootingStylesPress

That's a spade, not a heart. You know, a spade, like the card. Like odds. Like Against All Odds. That's actually not even close to being a symbol for Bret.

That's a spade, not a heart. You know, a spade, like the card. Like odds. Like Against All Odds. That's actually not even close to being a symbol for Bret.

Ahh...so it is, didn't see the bottom. >_>

But there's no way you can say it's not even close...it looks pretty much like the logo on his shirt in the pic under it.

Guest LooneyTune

Coincidence, like that Warrior-esque vignette promoting that wrestler from the Red Shirt Security. (No, it's not the good one)

I don't see Hart being in another promotion any time soon.

Guest LooneyTune

Wasn't the Invasion (almost) four years ago? God it feels like it was just yesterday, that's how bad it was.

titosaku1.jpg

Maybe Tito Ortiz will challenge Jeff Jarret for the NWA title. As you can see Tito's shorts have flames on it...the same type of flames that is used in the TNA logo.

Guest LooneyTune

Didn't VampireWarrior/Gangrel have flames on his boots like that?

VAMPIRE WARRIOR vs. JEFF JARRETT! Only $29.95! (I say VW because TNA can't use the other name unless they wanted to pay for it)

The only thing Gangrel will be remember for is his Seinfeld puffy shirt and the goth pimp cup full of welches grape juice which he would mist to intemidate his opponets.

I would like to see Bret Hart manage Teddy Hart in TNA.

Guest LooneyTune

Never insult Gangrel... he was awesome. He just had a little bit of a gut on him, that's all.

Guest LooneyTune

I've seen people more out of shape... OK, all of them were mainly the fat guys who were pushed to the moon (cough:Viscera/Mabel:cough)

I just noticed I put "hit" instead of "had" in the previous post. Whoops...

Guest LooneyTune

Road Dogg had a few reasons for his push:

He had incredible mic skills (ignoring the 1 incident where he said the wrong city name), while Gangrel rarely said anything, and when he did, it wasn't that good. Also, as part of DX, he had merchandise sales, while Gangrel had nothing.

Once DX ended though, Road Dogg was not long for the WWE world.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Yea, just a 'theory' I guess. Doubt it's the case, but still. Decided to check the TNA site since I hadn't been there so long, and saw the Against all Odds logo. If Bret Hart ever was to become a part of the TNA roster, it'd be the perfect logo.

aao_main.jpg

Not only does it look like his logo..

b.jpg

But it has a heart (hart) in the middle, which I just thought was, interesting. Once again, just 'speculation' and I doubt it will happen, (I'm not even a Hart fan), but thought I'd bring it up. ;)

Maybe he's coming to lead the Invasion.

I love how the same people who bitch about Gangrel being fat will proudly proclaim FOLEY IS GOD.

I'd also love to see Bret managing Teddy in TNA, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Guest dreamer420
Wasn't the Invasion (almost) four years ago? God it feels like it was just yesterday, that's how bad it was.

Looking back on the Invasion I actually have some fairly fond memories:

-Tommy Dreamer and RVD running in on RAW

-Heyman reforming ECW (bastardized version)

-The Austin/Angle wars

-RVD's Hardcore title reign

-Lance Storm winning the IC title

-Austin's wicked heel turn which was some really funny shit

- Seeing WCW titles defended on WWF TV

-The Dudley Boyz getting to win ECW, WWF, and WCW tag titles

I know this has fuck all to do with TNA but I feel the Invasion was vastly underated. We got to see some wicked matches, and some stuff we never thought we'd ever see on WWF programming

I don't really care about the substance of this thread at all, but I feel it's extremely necessary to point out that if Gangrel will be remembered for anything, it will be his cool fire entrance, not his stupid blood cup or puffy shirt.

Guest LooneyTune

-The Austin/Angle wars

I know this has fuck all to do with TNA but I feel the Invasion was vastly underated. We got to see some wicked matches, and some stuff we never thought we'd ever see on WWF programming

1. Austin vs. Angle

What did this have to do with the WCW or ECW Wrestlers?

2. Lance Storms IC Title Win:

How did this make Storm look good? He lost the title 2 weeks later and was jobbed out for the rest of his career.

3. Austin Again...

A WWF GUY who had bad mouthed WCW so many times you wouldn't be able to keep track.

4. Tommy Dreamer & RVD; Heyman Reforming ECW:

Too bad ECW became the Alliance 53 minutes later. Cool moment... but it was pointless because it just made the Angle even worse when they became the Alliance.

5. WCW Titles:

They meant shit, and were treated like shit.

Dudleyz winning WCW, ECW, WWF Tag Titles:

For WCW Tag, see #5. Titles mean nothing in wrestling unless it's the World Title.

Everything about the Invasion angle was fucked up, everything was porbably made as bad as possible intentionally to show how much WCW sucked (WCW's top heels in the angle: AUSTIN, AUSTIN, AND AUSTIN), and how pathetic ECW was when the only guys to be part of ECW have been working for WWF and were treated like Jobbers already.

Guest DOWNola II

The one thing I liked about the Invasion was that last match at the Invasion PPV. So really, the only thing I enjoyed during the entire Invasion period, was it's ending.

I enjoyed the opening video to Survivor Series 2001 when they showed the various WWF Opening logos throughout the years...

And for one last time used "The World Wrestling Federation, for over 30 years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment."

Guest LooneyTune

If there's one thing WWE can't fuck up is their special video packages and tributes... except for the Benoit/Kane one for Bad Blood last year.

Guest dreamer420

-The Austin/Angle wars

1. Austin vs. Angle

What did this have to do with the WCW or ECW Wrestlers?

2. Lance Storms IC Title Win:

How did this make Storm look good? He lost the title 2 weeks later and was jobbed out for the rest of his career.

3. Austin Again...

A WWF GUY who had bad mouthed WCW so many times you wouldn't be able to keep track.

4. Tommy Dreamer & RVD; Heyman Reforming ECW:

Too bad ECW became the Alliance 53 minutes later. Cool moment... but it was pointless because it just made the Angle even worse when they became the Alliance.

5. WCW Titles:

They meant shit, and were treated like shit.

Dudleyz winning WCW, ECW, WWF Tag Titles:

For WCW Tag, see #5. Titles mean nothing in wrestling unless it's the World Title.

Everything about the Invasion angle was fucked up, everything was porbably made as bad as possible intentionally to show how much WCW sucked (WCW's top heels in the angle: AUSTIN, AUSTIN, AND AUSTIN), and how pathetic ECW was when the only guys to be part of ECW have been working for WWF and were treated like Jobbers already.

That was just my opinion, but...wow. I bet you're the kind of dude who watches wrestling only to point out negatives and laugh at fuck ups aren't you? My advise: Try watching as a fan instead of a critic sometime. You won't have much to write about here but you may find yourself enjoying the odd match from time to time. OK

That was just my opinion, but...wow. I bet you're the kind of dude who watches wrestling only to point out negatives and laugh at fuck ups aren't you? My advise: Try watching as a fan instead of a critic sometime. You won't have much to write about here but you may find yourself enjoying the odd match from time to time. OK

So because he didn't like the Invasion he automatically is a guy who points out negatives and laughs at fuckups?

A lot of people wanted to sit back and love the Invasion since it was OMG WWF V. WCW!!!! but they completely dropped the ball on it.

I don't agree with LooneyTune often but he's absolutely right on some accounts like the WCW Titles being defended thing. Having about 1000 titles floating around and changing every week was horrible and caused all the titles to lose a bit of prestige and become watered down

Guest LooneyTune

I wanted to enjoy the Invasion Angle, but I think Vince Russo could've booked it better, and I rarely ever say anything positive about Russo's booking methods.

When looking at some of the people McMahon brought in over the course of the next year (Hall, Nash, Flair, Hogan, Hennig, Dustin Rhodes, Scott Steiner etc.) it just shows he didn't care about making the Invasion work.

Instead, the WWF wrestlers complained about WCW wrestlers not being able to work the WWF style, thus pushing them down the card (DDP JOBBED TO THE UNDERTAKERS WIFE!), and making room for such awesome WWF vs. WCW matches like Kurt Angle vs. Steve Austin, Test vs. Kane, Test vs. The Undertaker, Steve Austin vs. The Rock... matches we've seen enough times already.