TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
therealworldschampion

Super Bowl XXXIX discussion thread

I think the Philadelphia Eagles will win on the final drive of the game. The Eagle defense impressed me today, and with the way the Panthers played the Patriots tough last year, this should be a good one.

Guest The Gecko

This is the match up I really wanted to see. It's going to be a great game with TO back. I'm hoping my boy Tom Brady wins another Super Bowl, maybe then he'll finally be considered as one of the best QBs in the NFL.

This is a tough game to pick, but I'll go with New England, mainly because I WANT them to win and because picking against them has been proven to be a bad idea.

This is definently a better Patriots team than their previous two championships and when you consider how inferior the NFC was to the AFC this year I think it would be a pretty big upset for the Eagles to win.

Patriots 27, Eagles 13

I really think that people underestimate the Eagles just because they are in the NFC.

I think it's going to be a great game and I'm looking forward to it. Should be a battle between two very good football teams and franchises.

Regardless of how many Super Bowls the Eagles made, they have always been just on the outside. Now they are in and I expect one hell of a game.

This is the matchup that needed to happen since 2001. Two great franchises in two great cities with two great fanbases.

I think people are going to underestimate the Eagles in this game, but hell people have underestimated them in the past 2 weeks as well so its no big deal.

I'm going to say Eagles win 24-21, as something way out of whack happens, say Vinatieri missing the FG to tie the game. And the next 2 weeks are going to be the most hype driven ever in Philadelphia history as the media and press have to fill 2 weeks worth of stories.

I couldn't get over how much Vick seemed to second guess himself on the field today. I mean there were plenty of 3rd and shorts where there were wide open running lanes, but he chose to dance around too much and try and find a WR, where if he just ran like usual, the drive continues. Oh well....

Pats 31

Eagles 17

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Patriots 38

Eagles 16

It's an odd numbered year people. We don't have good superbowls on those years since '91. So stop with the "Its going to be close" sentiments.

They just said on NFL Primetime that Chad Lewis may have broken his foot on his second touchdown catch.

As there been a close Super Bowl consecutive years?

Nope, although could make an argument for Super Bowl XIII and XIV. Super Bowl XIII was one of the greatest ever with the Steelers beating the Cowboys 35-31 and then in Super Bowl XIV the Rams actually were up 19-17 going into the 4th before the Steelers took over and won 31-19.

Super Bowl XVI and Super XVII were both competitive games also although neither was a classic down to the wire game.

That's where I'd put it. If TO ends up being out for some reason, I could see it going up to 10 or so.

Now, for the Weeks of Hype Hell, where by February 1st you are screaming "JUST PLAY THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY!!!"

As there been a close Super Bowl consecutive years?

Nope, although could make an argument for Super Bowl XIII and XIV. Super Bowl XIII was one of the greatest ever with the Steelers beating the Cowboys 35-31 and then in Super Bowl XIV the Rams actually were up 19-17 going into the 4th before the Steelers took over and won 31-19.

XIV is an underrated classic.

The Rams had the worst record ever for a SB team (to date) at 9-7, but kept the three-SB-titles-in-five-years Steelers on the ropes for most of the game before succumbing in the fourth quarter.

Plus it had Jack Youngblood playing on a broken leg.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

So the time for hype is on...

Who are the attention stealers?

T.O is obviously one...

Dillon will get attenttion

Jevon Kearse as well...

who else will be media darlings?

Freddie Mitchell this past week has already guarenteed himself a future job as another annoying studio analyst after his career is over so he'll have plenty of quotes.

Guest Failed Mascot

I've heard it would take a miracle for TO to be ready for the Super Bowl.

I pick the Patriots and its not just homerism. They are the most complete team and they also get a Pro-Bowl DE back healthy.

Super Bowl MVP ends up being Corey Dillon.

Pats in a walk, probably something like 20-7. I'd thought they'd lose both these last two games, and they dominated each of them pretty handily. No reason for that to end here.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Everyone is sleeping on the Eagles. Thats a no-no. McNabb has looked tremendous the past few games, in fact, he has all year. The defense for the Eagles is much better than anyone gives them credit for. With Trotter at ILB, they'll stop Dillen (who looked normal today), and Brady won't exactly have a field day with arguably the best secondary in the league.

Eagles will win by mroe than any of you expect.