TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The official blame jericho and angle thread!

Guest Anglesault

Okay, here's the game we get to play HHH. Pick a problem in the WWE today. Then, find a reason to blame Angle and Jericho for it. Finally, think of a suitable depush.

I'll get it started

Problem: Changing from WWF to WWE

Reason: Angle and Jericho forced the Tree Huggers to sue Vince by not being draws.

Solution: Squash Jericho in Hell in a Cell, Continue Angle's boring Edge feud.

Your turn!

Problem: Low Ratings

Reason: Jericho & Angle aren't big enough draws to main event with Hogan. The WWE storylines are great, but they need more entertaning people at the top, like Test and Mark Henry.

Guest Kinetic

Problem:  Fans are ungrateful pricks who, despite the countless free hours of entertainment they've been given, still feel the need to complain about every insignificant detail of every show.  They run the same idiotic points into the ground until everyone finds them completely obnoxious.  

Reason:  Angle and Jericho aren't squashing everything in sight and occasionally have to wrestle matches that aren't at the tippy top of the card.

Solution:  Die, Anglesault, Die!

Guest Anglesault

Ghast, you fool no one with this "kinetic" ruse.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

Problem: The nWo Angle Bombed

Reason: Angle and Jericho were'nt there to get jobbed out to Nash and Hall

Solution: Job them to X-Pac, on the double

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Ghast, you fool no one with this "kinetic" ruse.

lol

Guest Anglesault
Reason:  Angle and Jericho aren't squashing everything in sight and occasionally have to wrestle matches that aren't at the tippy top of the card.

I just need to respond to this, Ghast. Angle hasn't been in a main event feud in three months. He has been in a BRUTAL Edge feud forever. He is scheduled to have a hair vs. hair match. He has had matches that included Albert, Rikishi, Lance Storm and Val Venis. He is feuding over a T-shirt

Jericho didn't even have a match at Backlash. He is about to get killed in HiaC. He is made a fool of by Hogan and Hunter weekly.

Neither one of them fill the "mild inconvenience category"

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Problem:  Fans are ungrateful pricks who, despite the countless free hours of entertainment they've been given, still feel the need to complain about every insignificant detail of every show.  They run the same idiotic points into the ground until everyone finds them completely obnoxious.  

the ppv isn't free we pay for those and have the right to bitch about them.

More importantly this is a fucking messageboard ABOUT wrestling, of course people are going to be negative about the produt, it's their right and thei perogitive. I'm so fucking tired of people who say that we shouldn't bitch about the WWE. It's not like we never say good things about it.

and saying 'die anglesault die' really tarnishs the point your trying to get across.

Guest What?!

Problem: Hogan's motorcycle not working

Reason: Jericho and Angle didn't go to Raw and fill it with gas

Solution: Job to the motorcycle in a handicap match on the opening match of Metal

Guest Kinetic
the ppv isn't free we pay for those and have the right to bitch about them.

More importantly this is a fucking messageboard ABOUT wrestling, of course people are going to be negative about the produt, it's their right and thei perogitive. I'm so fucking tired of people who say that we shouldn't bitch about the WWE. It's not like we never say good things about it.

and saying 'die anglesault die' really tarnishs the point your trying to get across.

I agree on the first point, but compare the number of free hours of TV we get to the three that we have to pay for.  I'm certainly not saying that no one should complain about the shows.  Complain away.  But certain people, and I'd rather not name any names, make the same exact points in the same exact manner every single day.  That is bothersome.

And I didn't realize that the Flaming portion of the board, where I've seen people wish death and severe injury upon countless WWE employees, was not the proper forum for me to implore Anglesault to die.  Sorry.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

oh i wasn't saying you couldn't wish death on 'Sault. I was just saying it tarnshs the point you were trying to get across. There's a difference.

Problem:  Jericho only left HHH laying in a pool of his own blood a mere 3 times tonight, whilst Angle was demoted to having to do skits with a jobber like Hulk Hogan.

Reason:  This, if nothing else, proves the two are being held down.  Only 3 times that Y2J put HHH on his ass?  Angle having to bear being one of only 80 or 90 wrestlers who Hogan has made look weak over the past 18 years or so?

Solution:  Give the pair a couple of giant crosses, so they can truly be the martyrs some people have made them out to be.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Problem: JotW's UPN station seems to put out a rather crappy signal and colors sometimes come out very funky and some colors cause a "buzzzzz" sound.

Reason: Jericho's loud red outfits are a shade of red that makes the TV freak out and buzz.

Solution: Take Jericho off TV and give the push to Albert.

Guest Anglesault
Problem:  Jericho only left HHH laying in a pool of his own blood a mere 3 times tonight, whilst Angle was demoted to having to do skits with a jobber like Hulk Hogan.

Reason:  This, if nothing else, proves the two are being held down.  Only 3 times that Y2J put HHH on his ass?  Angle having to bear being one of only 80 or 90 wrestlers who Hogan has made look weak over the past 18 years or so?

Solution:  Give the pair a couple of giant crosses, so they can truly be the martyrs some people have made them out to be.

What about the Angle/ALBERT vs. Edge/RIKISHI tag match that Angle couldn't even get the win in? Or the Angle/STORM vs. Edge/VENIS match where Angle needed help to beat VAL "Fucking" VENIS! And the BORING AS SHIT MIDCARD EDGE FEUD? A HAIR match?

And Jericho being made to look like a buffoon more often than not?

Guest Singular

I have to agree with Anglesault about not having Angle in the main event.  As it has been mentioned many times on this board, Angle or Jericho would greatly benifit from a title win over Hogan as a passing of the torch.

Although, I for one, have enjoyed Angle's feud with Edge.  A hair vs. Hair match and a Hell in a Cell match are both fitting to end their feuds, provided they are indeed ending the feuds.

Guest buffybeast
Problem: JotW's UPN station seems to put out a rather crappy signal and colors sometimes come out very funky and some colors cause a "buzzzzz" sound.

Reason: Jericho's loud red outfits are a shade of red that makes the TV freak out and buzz.

Solution: Take Jericho off TV and give the push to Albert.

Can't argue there!  Great solution!!!!!

Guest caboose

Problem: The WWF lockerRoom act like children on a flight back from Britain.

Reason: Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle weren't on the tour so Triple H's intensity had not been jobbed to. Because of this no one respected Tripel H and everyone got rowdy.

Solution: Clean Job Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle to Triple H, 2 times a day, 3 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 5 months a year(each).

Works out to 120 jobs a man to Triple H.

That should restore his intensity.

As it has been mentioned many times on this board, Angle or Jericho would greatly benifit from a title win over Hogan as a passing of the torch.

Probably so, but even "Satan Himself" Triple H couldn't get one either.

What about the Angle/ALBERT vs. Edge/RIKISHI tag match that Angle couldn't even get the win in? Or the Angle/STORM vs. Edge/VENIS match where Angle needed help to beat VAL "Fucking" VENIS! And the BORING AS SHIT MIDCARD EDGE FEUD? A HAIR match?

And Jericho being made to look like a buffoon more often than not?

Point taken, but what about HHH not only being booked against but LOSING to Reverend D-Von in his first match (with this gimmick)?

And the feud with Edge is just Edge's stepping stone to the next tier.  I don't like Edge any more than you do, but I don't see this as Angle being held down.  The truth is, I'm almost the Angle fan you are, and I don't like seeing him having to waste his time with a guy like Edge, but the WWF wants to elevate him.  Hopefully they soon realize the man is NOT ME material.

As for Y2J looking like a buffoon, that's his character.  An arrogant, pompous, overbearing prick.  I am almost as big a Jericho fan as I am an Angle fan, but I don't see anything wrong with his current position.  He works brilliantly as a heel, and he's one of the top 3 heels in the WWE, with Angle and Taker.  (I guess 4 if you count Flair now.)

I guess my point is, every wrestler has to wrestle lower-carders or look like a buffoon every now and then.  I don't think how much of a professional or great athelete you are matters much as far as that goes.

Guest Anglesault

See, that's my point. Why must Angle be a stepping stone? I can see how it helps Edge, but becoming nothing but a stepping stone will only hurt Angle, Who I feel is MUCH more valuable to the WWF than Edge.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I don't think Angle's going to keep being a stepping stone.

When you look at it, Edge is really the only feud he's been a stepping stone for lately.  The Kane thing was basically just putting two big names together in time for Wrestlemania, maybe based on a couple good matches they had in the past.  Angle's obviously more important to the company than Edge, but working with Angle has already improved Edge a lot in my eyes.  His ringwork is a bit more focused, and even though he doesn't get the best material to promo with (Jericho does the jokester face a LOT better), he's getting great reactions when he goes up against Angle.  The whole "YOU SUCK" thing is easy for the fans to get into, and I think a lot of the momentum from this feud is going to carry over for Edge and at least make him a more marketable and entertaining guy altogether, which is good for the WWwhatever.  If they're not making new stars, then everyone but the current main eventers has to play bitchboy 24/7.

That said: if, after the Edge program (which has just about run its course; hopefully Judgment Day will be the blow-off), Angle is feuding with Val Venis or Albert or someone like that in an attempt at elevating someone who has no chance of getting there, then I won't dispute that he's being misused.  He sure as hell would be--he's one of the best performers in the fed, bar none.  Right now, though, he's doing all right.  

My prediction is that he'll get back into the uppercard real fast after this business.  Even if he loses, it doesn't matter--Angle as a heel will ALWAYS be over.  If he's got a shaved head he'll be even easier to make fun of, and he's going to get even better reactions.

And if he doesn't?  Well, then Anglesault's fears come true, and we do all cry a little bit.  Damn.  Here's hoping.

See, that's my point. Why must Angle be a stepping stone? I can see how it helps Edge, but becoming nothing but a stepping stone will only hurt Angle, Who I feel is MUCH more valuable to the WWF than Edge.

I agree 100 percent, but unfortunately, McMahon could give a fuck what smarks think.  Its the double-digit IQ, "What" chanting marks that put food on his table.

But as far as the topic of this thread goes, while I agree that Angle especially should be seen as a God by WWE fans and not made to look like a jackoff, I still don't see why it is HHH's fault.

Guest kane3212321

Problem: The internet community LOVES Jericho and Angle to death

Reason: Because they are excellent wrestlers and great characters

Solution: Fire them both, that'll stop the endless whining

Problem: Mark Henry's push is not going as well as expected. He is not getting the reaction the WWE wants him to.

Reasons: Angle and Jericho are taking up too much valuable screen time by competing in mid-card tag team matches, and boring-ass midcard feuds that could all be given to Mark Henry's big push, and finally get him over.

Solution: Take away all of Jericho and Angle's Smackdown screen time, send them down to OVW to learn how to be over like Mark Henry.

Guest godthedog

problem: right now the worst active wrestler on the wwF roster is the undisputed champion.  his athletic ability is just under that of the average backyard wrestler.  he is so old and decrepit he's admitted that it makes his ribs hurt when jericho does the arrogant cover on him.

reason: angle & jericho must have invented a time machine, traveled back to the early 80s, & taught hogan how to get a crowd over without wrestling well, as well as how to convince smart people with lots of money to let him stay on top long past his prime.

solution: book jericho in a hell-in-a-cell match, wherein he will injure himself and retire from pro wrestling.  then create a feud that's an elaborate ploy to get angle to shave his head like a monkey, then jettison him into space so that he can never use the time machine for such evil purposes again.

Guest JHawk

Problem:  The InVasion angle bombed and thus the WWF squandered the easiest no-brainer angle in wrestling history, forcing the ratings to snowball to where they are today.

The reason:  Kurt Angle held the WWF Title and was defending it against nothing but Alliance members.  Chris Jericho was involved in a feud with The Rock that produced one of the greatest WCW Title matches of 2001, but it was two WWF guys fighting for it.

Solution:  Angle and Jericho cannot draw at the main event level and should be thrown into the french fry oil at the former WWF New York.

Problem: Scott Hall potentially suing the WWE

Reason: He thinks Jericho and Angle would make bad lawyers and were the cause of his termination by not showing up smashed to events and being better workers than he has been in years.

Solution: WWE fires Angle and Jericho and puts a restraining order on the both of them, to make sure they can't be their lawyers in the upcoming legal wranglings.

Guest Human Fly

Problem: WWE slowly turning into WCW.

Reason: Jericho was one of the best things in WCW, Angle would've been another one of the best things in WCW if he would've signed with them, they are the best things on WWE right now.

Solution: Job Angle to Edge in midcard feud, Job Jericho to HHH again. This time in HIAC. Then Job Edge to HHH just so everyone knows that HHH is superior to all.