TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edgehead

A Fan's Contribution

Guest Edgehead

A Fan's Contribution

Thoughts from a TNA fan.

Volume 1

With 'Against All Odds' just around the corner I am totally hyped up for TNA's next 3 hour spectacle. 'Victory Road', 'Turning Point' and 'Final Resolution' have all been grade 'A' events and I am confident this next Supershow will be no exception.

With many exciting matches already announced I felt that I would share my views on a three of these big matches as well as my predictions on the outcome.

If it is well recieved I am quite happy to do this every month before a huge event. Hell it's a hobby at the end of the day.

NWA World Heavyweight Title

Jeff Jarrett Vs. Kevin Nash

When this match was announced during a press confference, many internet fans and casuals alike were a little bit miffed by the decision of the TNA commitee. Why Kevin Nash be put forward as the number one contender? The reason is simply his credentials that include 4 time WCW champion, a former WWE champion and multi-time Tag Team Champion in both respective promotions. This alone says that he is capable of reaching the pinacle and possibly do it one more time. In an interview on TNAwrestling.com you can just tell that Nash wants the Belt as he tastes the prospect of being mentioned in the same breath as Ric Flair, currently the only man to hold NWA,WCW and WWE titles. Nash has the opportunity to do the same Febuary 13th and to prove all of his critics wrong. This will not be an easy task as both Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage have targeted the main prize but have failed in there mission before even the bell ringing. Kevin Nash will get the chance as it is now signed, sealed and it will be delivered on PPV.

Many will say that maybe a new generation should challenge for the gold. Monty Brown has had 2 shots in as many months and has come up short in both occassions. Jeff Hardy and Abyss have their differences to sort out. AJ Styles is now a major part of the X-Division and Chris Harris has Tag Team commitments. The Truth is someone who desperately needs to decide what he wants to do. He either goes for the gold alone or he continues to ride with 3LK and continues to be held down.

Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes has made a very smart choice of opponent for the seemingly unstoppable Jeff Jarrett. Nash is not shy when it comes to shocks. The WWE was rocked in 1994 when newly crowned champion Bob Backlund was destroyed in 10 seconds by the breakout star of that year Diesel. And nothing was more of a shock in 1998 than when the force of Goldberg was hit by an iceberg in the form of 'Big Sexy'. Though help was needed, Nash still managed to dethrone 'Da Man' and Goldberg came out of that match for the first time looking vulnerable and never the same again.

Kevin Nash can beat anybody when he is on form and this was almost the case when the two last met for a World title in 2000. During the 'New Blood' era of WCW Jarrett was Vince Russo's chosen one but the 7 foot frame of Nash was more of a match for Jarrett. Only a vengeful Goldberg made the difference in the end and Jeff walked away the victor. Nash will be looking for a bit of satisfaction and some revenge and the NWA title is the best way to get back at Jarrett.

The match will be a tough one to predict as nash is unpredictable. He has been quoted to be in good shape for this contest and he has looked okay in the ring so far. With only two high profile matches since joining TNA he will be looking to get a quick victory and if Jeff is smart, he will not brawl but tire the larger man and work on the well known legs of Nash. If we get an appearance from Scott Hall don't be too surprised and the trusty guitar might play a huge role. With Jeff being on such a roll lately I can not see a title change but don't expect a technical classic as you won't get one. It will be a great spectacle to see how close Nash will get to the biggest prize in the game.

Iron Man X-Division Title

AJ Styles Vs. Chrsitopher Daniels

Finally it will happen after months of anticipation that has been quitely simmering before the big gush of flames that will be on display when these two incredible athletes come face to face in Orlando. Both camps have their own set of fans so something special will occur on PPV. If anybody has seen matches between the two in independant promotions, I feel that you have seen nothing yet as there is a lot on the line Febuary 13th.

AJ Styles is what TNA stands for and is a great example of how talent, when exploited, should be utilised. A man that has done it all in the promotion and for me the spine of what made me a TNA fan.

Christopher Daniels is a man on a mission. He feels that Styles has made sure that he does not cross paths with himself at TNA and now with the chance, he aims to take full advantage by proving that he is the superior worker and the best in the industry today. AJ Styles' decision to return to the X-Division has been a talking point since he returned to the division last June. Being a marked man because the young stars feel that AJ has had his time, has only just multiplied by ten when he captured the strap at Final Resolution. Christopher will certainly have all of the X stars in his corner come bell time.

For me this has all the ingredients to be the beginning of a modern day Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels rivalry. AJ has a lot of confidence like old HBK and 'the Fallen Angel' is just as outspoken as 'the Hitman'. The match is even more mouth watering with the Iron Man stipulation. Bret and Shawn produced a classic but I feel AJ and Daniels will be able to top that match and create there own special moment.

I expect this bout to close the show and be another MOTYC under the belt by TNA. It seems that Christopher Daniels will win the belt here as he is driven to win the title. Certainly this will not be the end of the rivalry as I feel that it will get more competitive, more heated and I feel hatred will sink in till one man is gone from TNA for good. Just let this fued simmer for 10 years and so we get a decade of great matches.

Full Metal Mayhem

Abyss Vs. Jeff Hardy

It was an absolute shock to see Abyss in a TNA ring at Final Resolution after the previous weeks news that Abyss had left TNA. Even more of a mystery was what was the nature in targeting Jeff Hardy to vent his frustration and anger.

With both superstars being enigmatic, it is likely that a war of words will not be forthcoming from either camp and so the action will almost certainly do the talking. Jeff Hardy will have something to prove, as he hopes to be in the title picture and being in an environment where ladders are around will almost certainly help. Abyss has just been a monster during his tenure in TNA and become a tough opponent for anybody that has stepped up. It is now time that Abyss should have some ambition and maybe a World title is something to aim for. He has all the tools and potential to be 'King of the Mountain' but the monster needs to have a cause.

I see this being the most brutal and dangerous match that either superstar has ever encountered. With tables, ladders, chairs and chains legal, we can expect innovative moves, sick bumps and the trademark Jeff Hardy swanto off the ladder onto a Abyss prone table. Though Jeff has got the experience edge on these types of matches, it will not be easy but I predict a Hardy win.

This has been 'A Fan's Contribution' and I thank you for reading.

HJC Farrow

NWA World Heavyweight Title

Jeff Jarrett Vs. Kevin Nash

When this match was announced during a press confference, many internet fans and casuals alike were a little bit miffed by the decision of the TNA commitee. Why Kevin Nash be put forward as the number one contender? The reason is simply his credentials that include 4 time WCW champion, a former WWE champion and multi-time Tag Team Champion in both respective promotions. This alone says that he is capable of reaching the pinacle and possibly do it one more time.

Which would be fine and dandy if wrestling wasn't, you know...fake.

In an interview on TNAwrestling.com you can just tell that Nash wants the Belt as he tastes the prospect of being mentioned in the same breath as Ric Flair, currently the only man to hold NWA,WCW and WWE titles.

Of course. One of the best politicians in the industry wants to be mentioned in the same breath as one of the best wrestlers in the industry. It's only natural.

Nash has the opportunity to do the same Febuary 13th and to prove all of his critics wrong.

Not really, because his critics are dead right when they say he's an egotistical, backstaging, politic'ing prick without much in-ring talent.

This will not be an easy task as both Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage have targeted the main prize but have failed in there mission before even the bell ringing. Kevin Nash will get the chance as it is now signed, sealed and it will be delivered on PPV.

With little fanfare.

Many will say that maybe a new generation should challenge for the gold. Monty Brown has had 2 shots in as many months and has come up short in both occassions.

Once because it was to tease the option of putting the belt on Brown to make fans want it that much more, and the second time because Dusty Rhodes decided - at the last minute, mind you, and against the booking wishes of everybody else - that Brown wasn't ready for the title.

Jeff Hardy and Abyss have their differences to sort out. AJ Styles is now a major part of the X-Division and Chris Harris has Tag Team commitments.

Only two people in that list of four would be believable in the main event, with those two being Abyss and AJ Styles. Jeff Hardy has many fans soured because of his limited in-ring ability, and Chris Harris sucks.

The Truth is someone who desperately needs to decide what he wants to do. He either goes for the gold alone or he continues to ride with 3LK and continues to be held down.

I agree 100%. The bookers need to figure out what the fuck they're doing with Killings, as here is a man with potential crossover appeal to help bring more fans to TNA (face it: Truth is flat-out COOL and could connect to a whole shitload of younger fans, especially those from urban areas) instead of just floating him between singles feuds and tagging with those two suckbags in 3LK.

Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes has made a very smart choice of opponent for the seemingly unstoppable Jeff Jarrett.

How? Jarrett is average-at-best in the ring, and Nash is the drizzling shits. NASH HAS NOT HAD A GOOD MATCH SINCE 1997. Jarrett has NEVER had a match above what I and many others would consider ***1/2. He's not capable of it because he resorts to the same old tired match formula instead of trying something new.

Nash is not shy when it comes to shocks. The WWE was rocked in 1994 when newly crowned champion Bob Backlund was destroyed in 10 seconds by the breakout star of that year Diesel.

Who later went on to become the WWF's lowest drawing champion in history.

And nothing was more of a shock in 1998 than when the force of Goldberg was hit by an iceberg in the form of 'Big Sexy'. Though help was needed, Nash still managed to dethrone 'Da Man' and Goldberg came out of that match for the first time looking vulnerable and never the same again.

Which isn't a good thing, because that one match destroyed Goldberg's career.

Kevin Nash can beat anybody when he is on form and this was almost the case when the two last met for a World title in 2000.

By "on form," do you mean "politic'ing bastard"?

During the 'New Blood' era of WCW Jarrett was Vince Russo's chosen one but the 7 foot frame of Nash was more of a match for Jarrett. Only a vengeful Goldberg made the difference in the end and Jeff walked away the victor. Nash will be looking for a bit of satisfaction and some revenge and the NWA title is the best way to get back at Jarrett.

Aren't Nash and Jarrett allies in the Kings of Wrestling stable? WHAT SENSE DOES IT MAKE FOR NASH TO GO FOR THE GOLD?!

The match will be a tough one to predict as nash is unpredictable. He has been quoted to be in good shape for this contest and he has looked okay in the ring so far.

Only because he hasn't torn his quad yet.

With only two high profile matches since joining TNA

Because, thankfully, Dusty realizes how shitty he is in the ring, and doesn't want him wrestling until he absolutely has to.

he will be looking to get a quick victory and if Jeff is smart, he will not brawl but tire the larger man and work on the well known legs of Nash. If we get an appearance from Scott Hall don't be too surprised and the trusty guitar might play a huge role. With Jeff being on such a roll lately I can not see a title change but don't expect a technical classic as you won't get one. It will be a great spectacle to see how close Nash will get to the biggest prize in the game.

This is the one time I want Jarrett to retain. Nash as NWA champion would be worse than Hardy, because at least Hardy still can bump.

Overall, this is a very well-written article, but it unless you plan on sending it into a kayfabed magazine or putting it onto a kayfabe'd site, it won't get much credit. I do give you your props for at least attempting something different, and for a second I thought this was actually on a TNA press release before I saw that there was no credit given in your post.

Guest LooneyTune

I give props because you went through the trouble of writing this up, but like CL said, it's way too Kayfabed for the audience I believe you are going for with it.

Kevin Nash sucks is all I'm gonna say though, otherwise. No use beating a dead horse with that one. I think it's quite clear why anyone would say it.

Guest Edgehead

Kayfabe is where I was going with this as I have always enjoyed reading magazines like Pro Wrestling Illustrated and WOW. There articles try and make sense of what is happening in the wrestling world (A Eugene article in PWI was really cool and if WWE read it they would be able to create a very exciting character out of Nick Dinsmore). Personally I was miffed with the Nash decision and so I tried to make sense of it in my head and came up with this.

I don't really mind if it's from a mark's perspective. It's nice and refreshing once and a while to see this kind of thing instead of having the mindset of critiquing a match on wrestling technique or discussing political power and booking mistakes.